17 (60.7%)
No
39.3%
11 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

The Fox

Rating system for Suppliers and Manufactures
« on: June 14, 2006, 08:56:26 am »
A rating system for the quality of equipment would not work for the simple reason that everyone’s expectations is different

The biggest gripe people seem to have with suppliers on this bulletin board is not delivering in the stated time.

So a simple rating system of

Goods delivered in the stated time           Yes or No
Order delivered complete                          Yes or No
Missing parts delivered in stated time       Yes or No
Warranty parts replaced in stated time     Yes or No

Each person using the rating system would be required to fill out a comments box and a separate box for the supplier/Manufacture to fill out if they wish with an explanation of what went wrong.

A third party would not be allowed to make any comments on the subject.

All Manufactures and suppliers would be added to the list if they use this board for advertising purposes. If they do not wish to be on the rating list all reference to there company should not be allowed when making a post, that includes web links in there personal details.

Manufactures and suppliers use this and other bulletin boards for free advertising indirectly or directly, so we should be able to find out info on the quality of there service and judge there performance. And they should have the right to defend themselves without being abused by people that have nothing to do with the incident.

This is the first draft could people please point out if they see a flaw in this, It has to be totally far for it to work properly. This is my idea and as nothing to do with the people that run the board. If enough members vote to it being a good idea maybe they will introduce it

Kevin

JM123

Re: Rating system for Suppliers and Manufactures
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:36:46 pm »
I reckon its a good idea, sure there are a couple of problems with it but anyone making systems or selling parts should be able to handle any flack thrown at them (myself included) so I say bring it on, nothing to hide then nothing to fear, thats what I say.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:34:24 pm »
How would you monitor if the people leaving ratings were genuine customers of the rated company or not?

Apart from this it sounds like a good idea.

Alex

The Fox

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 06:55:35 pm »
How would you monitor if the people leaving ratings were genuine customers of the rated company or not?

Comment box: Only the supplier can reply to the comment and if it was not a genuine customer it would be up to him to state no record of sale and the negative feed back is false.

Also it would be removed so the ratings would not be affected

If the business is playing games then the person leaving the negative feed back would have to prove it is a true. Maybe sending a fax copy of the invoice to a moderator to confirm it was a genuine complaint.

Like I said Alex it is not perfect and a lot more thought as to be put into it.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 07:50:22 pm »

Comment box: Only the supplier can reply to the comment and if it was not a genuine customer it would be up to him to state no record of sale and the negative feed back is false.

As if suppliers dont have enough work to do allready :-\ ???

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 08:02:08 pm »
A complete nonsense idea and I have voted NO, the suggestion is utter complete nonsense

Forums have not been set up to rate , score or comment on the merits or not of suppliers and should never be called upon to do so.

If you wish to do this I would suggest you set up your own forum elsewhere and call it the ''Suppliers Knocking Shop'' because that is what it will become!

This is not a knock at you KF but forums are for interaction and not for the function you advocate.

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 08:25:22 pm »
I think this is not a good idea.

I can't really give a reason though and I know it may seem a bit naff to have no reason.

When I read the post I just thought that it doesn't somehow fit in or seem a good idea.

Cheers

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 08:52:10 pm »
I would not like a rating system for suppliers and manufactures.
All the companies i have dealt with have given me excellent service but all companies have bad days just like we get bad days in window cleaning.

I think if the service is not upto expectations you should phone the company and you can usually get things sorted out.
Its just name and shame which i don't agree with also manufacturer or suppliers get slated on public forums i also don't agree with they are other ways to resolve problems.

Paul

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 10:43:25 pm »
Lets not forget one thing, without these suppliers, pure freedom gardiner poles omnipole, gaz h2o's brushes and many more at affordable prices we would not all have advanced in our business as we have done.  So they are getting something right

keep up the good work suppliers

Brett

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 08:58:11 am »
As a supplier ourselves I would have no hesitation in having a representative indication of how we perform from a customers point of view. However, I just don't think it would be representative. Everyone makes mistakes but people are quicker to complain about something than they are to commend it. Even though proportionally one supplier may make the same number of mistakes than another if they deal with 10 times the number of customers they would appear to be considerably worse.

A good idea in principal but not one that would work effectively I'm afraid.

Regards

Mike

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 09:48:47 am »
As a supplier ourselves I would have no hesitation in having a representative indication of how we perform from a customers point of view. However, I just don't think it would be representative. Everyone makes mistakes but people are quicker to complain about something than they are to commend it. Even though proportionally one supplier may make the same number of mistakes than another if they deal with 10 times the number of customers they would appear to be considerably worse.

A good idea in principal but not one that would work effectively I'm afraid.

Regards

Mike

Mike.
Another potential problem could be caused by other suppliers signing up under a pseudonym and dissing the opposition.  It could easily be made to look like a genuine complaint.