macc

carben fibre poles
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:09:17 pm »
Hi all. At the moment i use alluminiun Tucker poles. Today i was working at about 45 foot. There is not one bit of me thats not aching. The pole was a bit wippie & talk about heavy :o.

Was wondering are carben poles a lot more ridged, lighter & easier to use at 45 foot. Whats a good pole to buy & how much do you reckon.

Tucker only do alluminiun poles.

Any advice would be gratefull.  ;D

Macc

Jeff Brimble

Re: carben fibre poles
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:44:12 pm »
The higher you go the harder it gets, just because we have the ability to go higher doesnt mean that you should. Why not stick to your original customers, everyone, instead of eyeballing the commercial and somebody elses work.
An ergolight or a facelift seem to be method for most but you may want to consider the new extreme super light poles, which are the new kids on the block. 63ft and 3-4lbs.
Yes lightened carbon arestiffer/rigid and more expensive but you pay for what you get. How much £500-£1000 how high do you need to go. Dont spend money on going higher than you need. Just add on.

ronaldo

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:52:08 pm »
Good evening Jeff.

Would i be right in saying as regarding wfp the higher you go the less effective it becomes, i only ask this as my biggest job is only about 30 feet and at 60 feet i would have thought it would have been very difficult to apply pressure to the glass or just to see whats happening up there?  :-\
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

macc

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 12:03:07 am »
Hi Jeff. Its a converted convent that i got. A lot is 45 foot, i dont want to go any higher. Also i have quite a lot of work that goes to the 3rd floor. ive been targeting this type of work more as it away from the trad lads, less competition.

Im not realy after commercial, have some.

I dont mind parting with a £1000 if its the biz, light & rigid.  

What would you reccomend.

Macc

sair

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:27:28 pm »
hi mac
you can try  my 45 ergo light or my 60 face lift on a site building .if you want  to try before you buy . i would personally buy the face lift 45 if thats as high as you want to go. i can work with down to 18 with out braking it down its only 5 kg
 i will be supplying them but i have bought them in so peo0ple can try first
Essentially Pure Ltd

macc

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 05:01:28 pm »
Hi tony. will do. i will give you a call.  ;D

macc