philhart

Conservatory cleaning
« on: June 07, 2006, 04:23:33 pm »
I am getting a lot of interest in conservatory cleaning and wondering how easy it is, I have not had the chance to try it out with WFP yet. Will I need special cleaning products and do I need a conservatory ladder?

Thanks Phil :)

Re: Conservatory cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:26:34 pm »
Phil,

I assume you're talking about cleaning conservatory roofs.

They're hard work, even with a WFP, and each job is different depending on the shape, height, size or pitch of the conservatory roof and the geographical features surrounding it (walls/fences that get in the way etc).

Most of mine I do by standing on a ladder that I've leant against the conservatory.  I always use a Rojak ladder stopper too, as it never feels that safe leaning a ladder against a gutter.  This is probably not 'best practise' though, and maybe someone could suggest a safer method.

After scrubbing and rinsing with the WFP, I always try to squeegie as much of the water off the roof, using a squeegie on the end of my pole.  The pitch of conservatory roofs isn't conducive to letting the pure water run off; it seems to sit there and will deposit any dirt it's absorbed when it dries out.

I hope this helps some!

Oh, don't forget to charge well for it; they're hard work and time consuming to do a good job.