The soldiers married quarter area in Beachley, just under the Severn Bridge, is up for grabs.  Ian_Giles does the officers part; because I pass all officers onto him; (being an ex-soldier, I've always disliked officers).

It would ideally suit someone who can offer carpet cleaning too; because when soldiers move out of their married quarters, the whole house gets inspected.

Soldiers are generally married to fertile army wives, therefore Ribena is commonly spilt all over carpets; hence the demand for carpet cleaners.

Be warned though, they're not very good customers and you don't tend to keep them for long; since marraige break-ups and postings often mean they cancell their window cleaner.

They often have no money too.

I'm keeping around 20 of my 'old faithfulls', refuse any new customers and my bad ones can go and rot.

Just a tip, if anyone's desperate for a bit of extra work.

Re: If anyone is interested in some work in the Chepstow area...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:46:46 pm »
Oh, nearly forgot, there must be 200 to 300 houses there and as far as I know, we were the only window cleaners there.

It would be ideal for a new window cleaner whose not afraid of a bit of canvassing.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:02:50 pm »
Agree with Tosh,

I have one area that we clean for the MOD and we have to clean both Officers and Junior Ranks.

The officers are ok to be honest but the Junior Ranks/Privates have a habit of doing exactly what Tosh mentions.

Bad at paying.
Often posted without telling you.

Good luck

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 09:03:23 pm »
No thanks, as I'm sure you were expecting!

Present company and a couple of others excepted, I can't stand squaddies and their attitude.

I'll happily urinate on their windows if it helps. ;)

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 05:03:45 pm »
Present company and a couple of others excepted, I can't stand squaddies and their attitude.

Roger,

I didn't expect you to want this area.  As far as I know Ray used to do and he sold it onto John Hughes (who slipped off a pitched roof and broke his leg there on No 18 Gibralter Way); who then sold it onto Matthew, who then sold it onto someone else who dropped the lot after a few months. 

Then we came along and don't like them either.

But if anyone new, or someone with firm-customer-handling-skills wants it; it's there for the taking.  Lots of dirty windows everywhere.

We're always getting approached there, but we refuse new customers and offer a one-off for £25.  It puts most of them off.