Craig Argyle

Advice PLEASE!!!
« on: June 05, 2006, 11:43:44 pm »
Hi guys just wondering.  I have a big job to do and the guy needs his conservatory roof cleaning too!  I havent had to do this before whats the best tool to use?  I was thinking a jet wash with a brush attachment.  I'll have to be carefull though as it may blast water through the gaps!  Not sure any advice will do!!!  Cheers  ;)

Craig

craig jwc

Re: Advice PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:41:53 am »
Hi Craig

I take it your not wfp??

This would be the easiest method.

Before i used wfp i used to use a soft broom, detergent and a hose pipe aslong as the customer had and didn't mind you using the outside tap.

I then used a squeegie on an extending pole.

I find that pure water cleans the con roof just fine, but you could always use TFR (Traffic Film Remover) if your not wfp.

Craig

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:26:03 am »
you need to hire conservatory ladder from HSS and clean by hand we do all our houses with wfp but i find on conservatories the best results come with hard working hands.

The cost of the ladder hire is past on to the client tell them the cost of hire is £30 per day and if you can get two jobs you can split the cost between them, if you can get three or four in one day dont let them know just make more proffit, and always clean con roofs on saturday as this generates more work as every one in the street see what a great job you have done and befor you know it your back again next week for more.

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 09:04:53 pm »
Before i used wfp i used to use a soft broom, detergent and a hose pipe aslong as the customer had and didn't mind you using the outside tap.
Craig

Same as Craig although I never bladed off the glass, just rinsed with the hose. Never got any complaints either  :-\

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Craig Argyle

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 09:19:28 am »
CHEERS GUYS!!!!! ;D  so you think jet wash is out of the question then?  So i know not to bother buying one!

Thanks a bunch!!!

Craig ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 02:31:25 pm »
Same as Craig although I never bladed off the glass, just rinsed with the hose. Never got any complaints either  :-\

Best wishes,

Trev
Same here Trev.
A good rinse off with the hose, hopefully with a spray nozzel and they come up fine.

I've never had a complaint either, and I've done loads of them. :)

dai

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 10:07:09 pm »
Same here Trev.
A good rinse off with the hose, hopefully with a spray nozzel and they come up fine.

I've never had a complaint either, and I've done loads of them. Smiley
What's this then?. Squeaks using a hose and rinsing. Never thought I'd see the day.
Dai