philhart

First Day As a Window Cleaner
« on: June 05, 2006, 05:43:33 pm »
Hello everyone this is a great forum and has really helped me in the past few months set-up my business, so a big thanks to everyone. :)

It was my first day as a window cleaner today and it took me 3 hours to do 4 houses using WFPs. This was because I made sure each window was thoroughly rinsed with pure water. I hope I will get quicker. :-[

The 18ft fibre glass pole  that I use is very flexible and hard to control, I was wondering if there is any better poles that are a lot more rigid and easier to handle? :-\

I was using a Vikan brush wiliest I was testing my system on friends houses and have now changed over to the swivel brush from Gaz, I found that  it overcame a lot of the problems that I could of had during the day with hard to access windows. ;D

Thanks everyone
Phil 8)

jeff1

Re: First Day As a Window Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:59:13 pm »
Welcome to the forum Phil

marc al

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:49:07 pm »
   Hello Phil

I have just a fortnight ago bought myself a pole that is 4 sections x 4ft long, I really wish I had bought it 18 months ago, very light, reaches upstairs windows easily and does not flex much at all, also very easy to do bottoms with too as it is nice and short.
   I got it made by gardiner Poles if you are interested.

Marc

philhart

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:58:16 pm »
Thanks Marc

Will have a look at Gardiner

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 08:02:05 pm »
Hi phil and welcome to the forum

The 18ft fibre glass pole  that I use is very flexible and hard to control, I was wondering if there is any better poles that are a lot more rigid and easier to handle?

The powerpole by omnipole are a lot more rigid than the fibre glass one's there made from aircraft alloy
http://www.omnipole.com/

By logo you have there did you do it yourself.

Paul

philhart

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 08:16:33 pm »
Thanks Paul

The logo was designed by the logo company. www.thelogocompany.net it only cost $149.

Phil

H h20

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 08:22:38 pm »
Hi Phil,
welcome to the wonderful world of window cleaning  ;D ,
you did the right thing taking your time to get it right,you should never rush it at first and you will get quicker everytime and make sure you keep on top of it,
i`m glad you found the swivel brush has helped i use mine all day and it makes alot of jobs so much easier,stick at it Phil and you`ll fly through your jobs,Gaz  ;)

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 08:51:19 pm »
Hiya Phil  :)

Love the logo.

I know what pole you have. It's the same as we use. Stick with it.. it's a good pole. Like everything else in window cleaning you will soon get the knack of it mate. 

Cheers

Andrew

macc

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 08:51:38 pm »
Hi Phil. Welcome mate. I switched to wfp 7 months ago. the first couple of months were a bit of a night mare. Not just how to use it but the best way to set up.

Trust me, with in 6 months it will be a diferent story, you will pull up set up, have a ruteen & be flying. i look back now & wonder what i was thinking of. Stick in there, im glad i did.  ;D

macc

JM123

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 09:18:45 pm »
Hi Philhart, glad to hear you've got up and running (well walking but anyway), 3 houses in 4 hours?  You probably still made a tenner an hour - not bad for 1st day on the job, keep at it and welcome to the forum.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I