Poll

are they any other females window cleaners out there, that work together or are angie and i the only ones

window cleners
28.6%
2 (28.6%)
female
71.4%
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 6

awl

females
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:55:26 pm »
can anyone answer our question,would love to here from other female window cleaners that work together :o ;D :) :) :) :)
We go by the name of THE ALL WEATHER LEATHERS.

jeff1

Re: females
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:59:55 pm »
I work part time, with my other half, Used to be full time.

When he changes over to wfp, I hope to go back full time.
and are three daughters worked for us.

Lynne

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 03:00:10 pm »
My daughter has been window cleaning with me for 3yrs now also my wife used to as well.

Roy

awl

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 03:07:43 pm »
I work part time, with my other half, Used to be full time.

When he changes over to wfp, I hope to go back full time.
and are three daughters worked for us.

Lynne
thats really great lynne. we will be changing over wfp  hopefully this year.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 03:29:25 pm »
I help the hubby with our commercial contracts and have been doing so since 1998 when we started . I also do all the admin and as I have extensive experience in Sales also canvass for new business as well.   :D

Now totally wfp which means hubby is faster (and of course, safer) which allows me to work part-time as well !!!!

Since wfp has becomemore common locally there seems to be an influx of husband/wife teams in SE Wales. 

And why not, customers warm to us ladies and its more than possible physically than it ever was. :-*

Nice to hear that more of us are getting involved with the family business too.

Sarah
Sarah

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 03:47:05 pm »
hi girls

i work with my husband and son and after changeing over to wfp dont need to work every day.

our son has had a bad motor bike accident and have had to go back to being nurse maid for the time being but hopfully soon back out cleaning windows,
hubby is fed up with hearing wheres the wife then.

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

awl

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 04:03:01 pm »
hi girls

i work with my husband and son and after changeing over to wfp dont need to work every day.

our son has had a bad motor bike accident and have had to go back to being nurse maid for the time being but hopfully soon back out cleaning windows,
hubby is fed up with hearing wheres the wife then.

Belinda

hi belinda
looks like they is quite a few females doing it with they husbands,we want to change over to wfp this year, can you tell me roughly how much it cost to set it up, the hole rig out, thanks a bunch,

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 05:15:27 pm »
There are a few couples working togeather in this area but I have never noticed an all girl team. No reason why not, even more so with WFP.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 05:35:26 pm »
our son has had a bad motor bike accident and have had to go back to being nurse maid for the time being Belinda

Hiya Belinda,

Sorry to hear about your son.  Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Sarah
Sarah

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 06:02:28 pm »
our son has had a bad motor bike accident and have had to go back to being nurse maid for the time being Belinda

Hiya Belinda,

Sorry to hear about your son.  Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Sarah

Me Too

Get well soon

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 06:37:55 pm »
Wor Lass (that's my missis) works with me for five days of the week, from 9.15 am till 2 to 2.30 pm.  I then normally drop her off and go out and work by myself.

If I worked Wor Lass past 2.30 pm her nose would start bleeding, and she'd make me do more housework; which would make my nose begin bleeding.

She gets all the school holidays off (not because she's 12 years old mind) apart from a month during the Summer Holidays when the local leisure centre runs a play-scheme which has timings similar to school.

She doesn't find the work pleasant, but she realises it has its advantages.  In a month or two she'll be training for the Snodonia Marathon and she's decided she's not going to work Mondays, so that she can recover from her long 'Sunday run' (at present she runs 18 miles every Sunday morning) and probably gets close to running 40 miles per week; she trains five or six days a week.

No other 'employer' would agree to this!

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 07:07:03 pm »
I only take my wife with me, so I don't have to kiss her good bye in the morning.  ;D ;D

Archy136

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 07:13:06 pm »
Only on weekends :)

LSB

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 07:27:48 pm »
My wife worked with me for a couple of years before we had kids

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 07:43:38 pm »
hi awl

the wfp has cost approx £3,000 plus van but that was for two vans each run two hoses and poles of different sizes for a woman to use wfp you need a variety of pole sizes or you will be pulling muscles you didnt know you had (unless you look like arnol swatz a thingy).

and thanks to everyone for wishing brad well hopfully he will be back to work in 12-18 months but never up a ladder again even for access.

regards Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

gibbouk

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 07:54:38 pm »
can anyone answer our question,would love to here from other female window cleaners that work together :o ;D :) :) :) :)
hello
i saw you in the EDP nice little mention and a bit of free advertising.
i am just down the road from you in Norwich.
Good luck to you both
s

macc

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 09:10:03 pm »
hi, i worked with my partner a few years ago for about 9 months. She gave me nothing but grief.

She is 33 now, blond & fit for her age, she looks great on my arm, especially as im 40 soon. Any one prepred to train her up for me, also get rid of her attitude.  ???

macc

Ian Rochester

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 09:46:33 pm »
I know of one all girl team up here and a couple of husband/wife teams.

I would willingly take on a female to work with us.

dougster

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 11:23:14 pm »
Hi could never take my missis to work with me as she would start telling me how to go about doing things, and i like to choose how things are going to be done at work.

MNWC

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 02:44:34 pm »
Hi Girls  :) it didnt take you long did it  ;D

Marcus