jinky230

are we missing out on work
« on: June 05, 2006, 06:46:50 am »
guys we do a lot of houses now with conservatories, and basically charge extra for doing  the surroundings of the conservatories, it just came to me why not get the price up and do the roof of the conservatory on a regular clean, surely would not take that long if done regular.

anybody doing this at the moment

jinky

Trevor Knight

Re: are we missing out on work
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 06:52:20 am »
Hi Jinky,

I have a customer that we do this for.

Originally the house would cost £20 but we charge her £25 and clean her conservatory roof each visit. We call monthly and the roof only takes about 3-5 minutes to clean now.

I charged her an initial payment of £80 to get the roof up to standard and now we just maintain it all year round.

regards,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 06:58:57 am »
I always tell my customers of the option for the roof,to be cleaned, and a lot of them take this up, I have one customer who looks forward to my arrival, as her roof is always covered in House Martin's, lazer guided dung,

I tell my customers that even birds have new technology, and that they are useing lazer guided dung. It gets a laugh if nothing else ;D

awl

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 02:45:46 pm »
hi jinky winky

me and my window cleaning partner angie , oh and by the way im mandy,still use the old method of cleaning windows and  looking to invest in the poles systems,any advice as to where to buy the system from, we get loads of work , cos we are two female window cleaners, we been in the newspapers, BUT NOT ON PAGE THREE,We looking to do some commercial window cleaning,and no we are not two fat hairy d**es ,(SLIM AND FIT!!)and take no prisoners.
We go by the name of THE ALL WEATHER LEATHERS.

Justin Ruggles

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:56:53 pm »
Awl,
     I would try to find someone local that will show you what WFP is all about, this will give you a better insight to it.

Good to see a few woman window cleaners, well done.

Justin

awl

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 03:16:59 pm »
Awl,
     I would try to find someone local that will show you what WFP is all about, this will give you a better insight to it.

Good to see a few woman window cleaners, well done.

Justin
thanks for the advice justin, will do that.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 03:26:50 pm »
hi jinky winky

me and my window cleaning partner angie , oh and by the way im mandy,still use the old method of cleaning windows and  looking to invest in the poles systems,any advice as to where to buy the system from, we get loads of work , cos we are two female window cleaners, we been in the newspapers, BUT NOT ON PAGE THREE,We looking to do some commercial window cleaning,and no we are not two fat hairy d**es ,(SLIM AND FIT!!)and take no prisoners.

My wife was working with me one day last week, and she was approached by one of our lady customers,who is a sand blaster, she  asked my wife if it would be ok to pass her name onto her friend, who will take my wifes photo, as somewere on the internet she has a web site, on women in unusual Jobs.

I must admit we get more work, than we can handle when she's at work with me. she was out with me today, and she picked up two more shops today, £30 for twenty minutes work.

jinky230

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 06:44:07 pm »
Hi Mandy nice to hear from you

the only advice I can give is research hard,you can spend a lot of money going the wrong directions, if you have questions just ask- the lads on here are great
and will help you in everyway

keep firing at them until you get the answers
work out the work you are going to do and ask for the best system for that type of work.
build your system for expansion

and final lesson never spend money until you have confirmed with the lads on the forum, build up a list of what you need then shop around

It is not easy crossing over and you will be pulling at your hair saying is it all worth it, but it does open up new avenues

we tend to target present customers

sat we are jetwashing a customer driveway and cleaning her upvc eaves
have already cleaned her gutters and probably will get the exterior painting of the house as well and nearly forgot -also got the job of putting up her christmas lights, we are not cheap and probably charge as much as most tradesmen, but  people have this fear of not being able to get trusted tradesmen and when you get their confidence in you ---then they always approach you first go on state it on your windows to-day cards that you do other services and list them you would be surprised what comes out of it

it very easy to dive in take your time and start at the shallow end and move up gradually, introduce it to small areas first to get your confidence

lady window cleaner- geewiz wish I was 20 years younger

hope this helps

jinky

abacus

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 08:52:28 pm »
Hi jinky do you have the pressure pole and gutter cleaner from northern tool as I was thinking of getting one as I really hate getting up the ladders and raking out the gutters  -  must be going soft inmy old age
I just wanted to know how good they are.

I have several customers who have the conservatory roof cleaned regulaly I dont  usualy offer as I to busey but I get asked for fascia gutter and soffit cleans

Started in a close a few week back cleaing clapperboard  houses 3 story have done four with another to next month as I cant fit it in this month looks like some might go on the round for monthly windows as well

regards grant

A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

jinky230

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 09:40:49 pm »
grant I have the lance from northern tools but have waited for ages on the nossle coming from america. it does not come with a nossle that is extra

I liked the idea of the gutter cleaning from omnipole, only thing that got me was blocked up swan necks, but omnipole have differnt tools for different situations
only thing they dont put enough energy into letting people see the stuff on their website, maybe afraid of the competition checking them out = not good for the customer buying.You can always get help to do jetwashing etc as there is no great skill involved, why not offer to the heighbours boys to help you out

jinky

abacus

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 11:40:12 pm »
Hi jinky
thanks for the reply do you mean that you are waiting for the jet or the nossle for the gutter cleanning?

sorrey I did not understand "heighbours boys" i'm a bit slow on the uptake at times!
could you explain?
many thanks grant
SAFEcontractor approved

jinky230

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 12:30:43 am »
grant waiting on the nossle for the lance

I was talking about jetwashing when I said use the boys in the street

I have 2 great wee petrol jetwasher from b and q cost £200 each with 3 year warranty, I put the young lads on the job jetwashing and sit back and take the cash, a driveway usually takes about 1 full day 1 man
but with the 2 jetwashes the lads do them in 5 hours, you are not overloading them with hours, so they go away quite happy,

jetwashing driveway plus sanding range from £160 to £250, good wee earner

remember to kit them out with  wellies and waterproofs

hope this explains better

mark dew

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 01:04:28 am »
guys we do a lot of houses now with conservatories, and basically charge extra for doing  the surroundings of the conservatories, it just came to me why not get the price up and do the roof of the conservatory on a regular clean, surely would not take that long if done regular.
jinky

That's a good point. I'm not at the moment but i wil now offer this service with new quotes.
nice 1.

hi jinky winky

me and my window cleaning partner angie , oh and by the way im mandy,still use the old method of cleaning windows and looking to invest in the poles systems,any advice as to where to buy the system from, we get loads of work , cos we are two female window cleaners, we been in the newspapers, BUT NOT ON PAGE THREE,We looking to do some commercial window cleaning,and no we are not two fat hairy d**es ,(SLIM AND FIT!!)and take no prisoners.

hiya mandy, i saw a photo of you 2 in the journal the other week. Fair play to you.
Its true. They weren't on page 3. ???
I started wc with my ex and i think there is alot of work around for women wc.
I live beccles way and 2 months ago bought wfp from http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/
and also a freedom trolley.
http://www.freedomwfp.co.uk/

I don't do any commercial work but i know of a cleaning company from your way who
called offering me work in lowestoft last winter. I didn't want the work but i'm sure they're always looking for someone trustworthy and reliable.
I've sent you an email.

Good luck

mark

awl

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 03:37:07 pm »
jinky
thanks ever so much for that imfo, and the site which im now guna look at, might see you around or better still up high somewhere,

That's a good point. I'm not at the moment but i wil now offer this service with new quotes.
nice 1.

hi jinky winky

me and my window cleaning partner angie , oh and by the way im mandy,still use the old method of cleaning windows and looking to invest in the poles systems,any advice as to where to buy the system from, we get loads of work , cos we are two female window cleaners, we been in the newspapers, BUT NOT ON PAGE THREE,We looking to do some commercial window cleaning,and no we are not two fat hairy d**es ,(SLIM AND FIT!!)and take no prisoners.

hiya mandy, i saw a photo of you 2 in the journal the other week. Fair play to you.
Its true. They weren't on page 3. ???
I started wc with my ex and i think there is alot of work around for women wc.
I live beccles way and 2 months ago bought wfp from http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/
and also a freedom trolley.
http://www.freedomwfp.co.uk/

I don't do any commercial work but i know of a cleaning company from your way who
called offering me work in lowestoft last winter. I didn't want the work but i'm sure they're always looking for someone trustworthy and reliable.
I've sent you an email.

Good luck

mark

abacus

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 07:51:45 pm »
Hi jinky
jes thanks I think its just some expressions I never heard good point about the drive just got a jet was comtract with a local uni thought I give it the lad but Im the only one with a tobar but if it fits in his van .......hes the one getting wet!

I was going to buy a honda based petrol one from nothern tool found it on e-baty £100 dearer  -- whats that all about
some awesome models around for £1100 to £5000 bit out of range at the moment but thought I could make better use of it than once every three months looked in B&Q could not find petrol the site has no water or electric good job I have the 1000 lt tank.thanks for you help mate

best regards
SAFEcontractor approved

jinky230

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 09:13:15 pm »
abacus they have them in store they are 2000 psi with 3 year warranty

for a £400 investment  for 2 machines , I dont care what they look like after 3 years

the b and q warranty cant be beaten just take your receipt back to the store and get a new one

now you deal with northern tools etc and something goes wrong you need to pack it up send it back and wait until they are ready to send it back to you

basically why make life hard for yourself keep it simple best policy

jinky

jinky230

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 09:49:22 pm »
my wee workaholics

just change the oil every fourth clean takes a pint of oil 2 sec job

work for ever

abacus

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 08:08:48 pm »
Thanks jinky
not in my store I'll go on thier web site and look The one I was going to get was a higher psi also had numatic tyres  but was £400 Or £500 so will look at theses closely thanks again for your help

regards grant
SAFEcontractor approved

jinky230

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 08:43:18 pm »
their cheap grant, gets you up and running and when you have made some cash then you buy the better ones, I would like to move up to the 4000psi jetwashers and whirl away atachments, but it will be from the cash of these wee machines that will pay for it

jinky