jinky230

backpack batteries
« on: June 05, 2006, 12:31:24 am »
back pack batteries can easily be obtained from any model shop or electrical factor prices range from £12 to £17 pounds how does this compare with shurflo
spare batteries

jinky

Mick (UHPS)

Re: backpack batteries
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 09:28:59 am »
Dunno but I reckon Tosh once posted that he got a couple from a local motor factors for...If I remember correctly £7.00. ;) Just had to modify the spade connections slightly.

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:26:35 pm »
£5.00 from Motorworld in Cymbran!  The battery is exactly the same spec as the Shurflo, although it was originally designed for kiddies electric scooters.

I only got it so cheap as it was left over stock.

Any shurflo backpack battery under £20 must be a bargin!

jinky230

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:12:14 pm »
Tosh I think if you go for a spare it will come with the casing eyc and connector for the charger and this will allow them to charge £40 probably

jinky

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 10:23:51 pm »
When my battery went 'pear shaped', I'd've been quite happy to pay £40 for a replacement, but Williamson Pumps didn't have any in stock and I had to wait for a reply to find out when they could get one for me.  Then I'd have to wait for the post!

So I took a day off work and went on a 'Safari' to search one out.

When I found one, I just pulled the old battery from its casing and 'black-nastied' (gaffer taped) the new battery to the casing and changed the spade heads to a larger size.

It works a treat.