jinky230

suppliers should get their act together
« on: June 03, 2006, 09:37:48 pm »
guys I use the autobrush to switch the water on and off

I cant believe that suppliers can charge a fortune for poles, and no one has come up with an idea of a permanent switch built into the poles I have a deck brush from b and q about £20 quid and part of the pole has a built in  twist and turn  on off switch built into the pole, I tell you guys check them out , the pole has 2 jets for washing desks and connects onto a hose.

so manufacturers when you harp on about your super duper state of the art system, come back down to earth and supply the simple things in life like switching  the water on and off

jinky

jinky230

Re: suppliers should get their act together
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 09:50:09 pm »
would like to load am image of the connector could someone advise how to go about it

jinky

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 10:04:58 pm »
upload the image to i then post a link on this forum or go into additional options underneath the text box where you type your posts

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 10:07:40 pm »
I have got yhe very brush for my car and a simple twist and it is off.

The technology in the pole and brush for £20 is unbelievable, You get a 2 piece extending alluminium pole with a twist action on and off and a huge great dense brush complete with hose attatchment on the end of the pole.

welmac

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 10:16:51 pm »
these poles are good for ground floor windows etc. and as the pole itself holds the water (not a pipe running up the middle) you are able to have an on/off valve.

but if you imagine having a "normal" carbon or glass fibre pole at say 50ft working on the same principle, it would weigh ALOT with the weight of all that water inside each section!

many people fit a remote control on/off switch which imo seems a good idea.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 10:19:36 pm »
 you will only need that same on off action on one section of pole, the rest could run into a hose.

Dave

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »
I have a 8' extendable  pole with very soft brush, I bought  for conservatorie roof's, it has a built in on/off switch, £20 from the market,
great value, and I have been useing it for the past three years,

were do these manufactures get there prices from? hundreds of pounds for an extendable pole, without brush and without an on/off switch.  its about time these manufacturers got there act together, and stop ripping of window cleaners.

Sorry guy's I have just measured it and it is a10' pole

jinky230

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 10:30:52 pm »
david could you explain a little bit better on how do load up an image

thank you

jinky

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 10:36:49 pm »
Hi Jinky

I think when you press reply, to type up your message, there is a button bottom row, second from left, that says insert image, try that. (never used it myself so not a hundred % sure.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 10:37:39 pm »
ok hit the reply button ,this opens the message box to post your reply,

just underneath you will see an additional options button press it, then you will see a box where it says attach

, from there press browse ,then you will have to search your computer for the image.

usually in c:documents and settings\ ,,,\my documents \my pictures

JohnL

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 10:44:41 pm »
yes, but please make sure the image is at a size fit for screen. some people have posted large files and you have to scroll across the page to see the whole pic

the same goes for web addresses

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

jinky230

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 11:01:04 pm »
john downloading paintshop pro right now to convert the size to 800 x 600

thanks dave found it ok

jinky

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 11:04:13 pm »
alternatively you can upload the image to i and just paste the link in from there

Dave

jinky230

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 11:11:39 pm »
imagesshack whats that dave

jinky

Helen

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 11:18:50 pm »

jinky230

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 11:23:43 pm »
the connector for pole from b and q

jinky230

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 11:24:42 pm »
the blue section you just twist for on or off

Helen

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 11:25:09 pm »

jinky230

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 11:30:47 pm »
thanks for the link helen will need to check it out

jinky

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 11:35:43 pm »
johnL

you got mail

Dave

JohnL

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 11:52:55 pm »
thanks Dave, so have you   ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

jouk45

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 02:01:28 am »
jinky i understand what you are saying, but those poles you buy with switches on them are for mains hose connections only, water through poles they are called,   most wfp users  have to fit their own hose connection to the pump then up through the pole to the brush head and then use an aternative way of making  the pump funtion, for instance , trigger ,manual switch, remote control, but as you said at the begining, the autobrush makes more sense,  and no fault to the suppliers, they can only sell what technology is available to them,

jinky230

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 05:38:31 am »
jouk you are perfectly correct and the heading should have said manufacturers

I know this iswitch s aimed at the domestic market, but I read that the tucker poles had been going since 1954 in america, surely after 60 years some bright spark would have made a decent connection to a pole, some of the poles like unger are as much as £1500, maybe you are what the market has been waiting for
a bright kid that can invent stuff to make life easier, but then you do the job as well and understand the problems, the manufacturers are mostly sales people telling you this works, apart from maybe omnipole who has come up with some great ideas and has workers experiencing problems and feeding back

this is not a dig at manufacturers but just an area which has not been given much consideration, and basically is one of the most important item of the whole setup, or else guys would not put so much effort into developing some kind of switch system for their poles to save water

so when I look at a nice colour brochure telling me how light the pole is, colour coded bands to show you when the extentions are fully extended, fancy duper brush heads to glide over the glass, super reinforced release connectors and state of the art materials used to make the poles, I cant believe that they cant make a nice all singing all dancing on off switch
jinky

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 07:03:29 am »
We have as an option on our poles a flow control valve fitted to the pole hose, this allows total control at all times and still allows the pole to be telescopic and relatively light (all of which would be lost if you implemented the principles you want on a larger scale).

Alex Gardiner

jinky230

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 09:14:01 am »
yes I saw them on your site alex and it does look a good idea as it helps

I am sure on commercial its not too much of a problem as you have a constant flow of windows but for guys on domestic where they need to control the water capacity, I thought maybe a pole could be made for this side of the business

where on the outside of the pole, was a slight moulded casing with maybe a rocker switch, surely this would not put too much weight onto the pole

maybe the poles have come as far as you can take them, and I am asking for a little bit more, peter fogwill idea is great in principal , but no offence to peter
I feel it needs taken one step further.

I am presently fitting couplings to my brush heads as I am constantly fighting
with the brush connectors when I try to release it from the poles, when I am doing short busts of work or changing brush heads. I feel a bit more research could be made with the brains out there to make life easier.

thats why I started this topic just to bring attention

jinky

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006, 10:47:33 am »
Also why can't they design something to hold the hose to the outside of the pole, guy's are useing velcro,cable ties, and shower rings,

The eye's of a fishing rod springs to mind for me, although they would have to be flexible enough to stop them breaking off, when putting them away?

jouk45

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2006, 11:43:06 am »
jinky the wf poles are still in their infancy,and there is still a lot of scope for improvments. I already have the next generation wf pole, once  i  have enough cash i will develop it, after i finish the rotary  brush,  jeffs idea about the fishing eyelet makes sense, it could be fitted at the top section,

welmac

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2006, 12:44:18 pm »
Also why can't they design something to hold the hose to the outside of the pole, guy's are useing velcro,cable ties, and shower rings,

The eye's of a fishing rod springs to mind for me, although they would have to be flexible enough to stop them breaking off, when putting them away?

just interested as to what you think are the benefits of having the hose on the outside rather than on the inside where it is protected and free from snagging etc?

jeff1

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2006, 02:12:37 pm »
Welmac,

I to am looking for most of the answers, before I change over,
but a lot of the guy's on the forum, use there hose on the outside, and have problems with snagging and such like. and a lot of the guy's use it internally.

But if the Manufacturers allowed for both uses, then everyone would be happy, if one Manufacturer was to take this on board, then the rest would surly follow.

jinky230

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2006, 03:03:50 pm »
Jeff if you put the hose on the outside then you only need to buy one pole

and reduce the sections when needed or increase the sections when needed

the idea of the cable in the inside is so people will buy an 18 foot pole a 24 ft pole 30 ft pole 44 ft pole

as they will not go to the hassle of changing connectors on site, with the hose outside you just add the additional sections when required

think of the loss in sales to the suppliers if every window cleaner bought just one pole/

its the same with the autobrush, great invention but it is attached to the brush

so when you want to change brush heads to different types or sizes then to get the facility of the on off water supply  then you need to buy additional brush heads to fit

I think I will need to stop typing I think I am starting to get suppliers and manufacturers backs up

jinky

jeff1

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 03:10:41 pm »
Well Jinky,

thanks for that, and it will be one pole only for me,and I will be useing a Trigger to operate my on/off control, thinking of it that way, I have just saved myself hundreds of pounds. ;D

Thanks for the info.

jouk45

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 03:13:12 pm »
jinky, am sure the suppliers wellcome critisim and feedback, or how else can they know what w/c want. so keep typing jinky ;D

jeff1

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 03:19:59 pm »
jinky, am sure the suppliers wellcome critisim and feedback, or how else can they know what w/c want. so keep typing jinky ;D

Your right Joe

It also keeps the competition hot, Can't wait for Tesco's to start selling them ;D ;D

welmac

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 03:32:16 pm »
Jeff if you put the hose on the outside then you only need to buy one pole

and reduce the sections when needed or increase the sections when needed

the idea of the cable in the inside is so people will buy an 18 foot pole a 24 ft pole 30 ft pole 44 ft pole

as they will not go to the hassle of changing connectors on site, with the hose outside you just add the additional sections when required

think of the loss in sales to the suppliers if every window cleaner bought just one pole/

its the same with the autobrush, great invention but it is attached to the brush

so when you want to change brush heads to different types or sizes then to get the facility of the on off water supply  then you need to buy additional brush heads to fit

I think I will need to stop typing I think I am starting to get suppliers and manufacturers backs up

jinky

hi jinky

as well as selling these, i also am a cleaner so work with them. i only have the one pole and only ever recommend people buy one pole from me. all the sections can be taken off or added on as needed. so a 5 x 8ft section pole (40ft) can be used as a 40ft pole or have 4 of the sections removed and used as an 8ft pole.

so.......hose is on the inside and you only need one pole!

and i totally agree with your comment about certain companies wanting you to buy more than one pole, when clearly you dont need to!

and keep typing, i like to know what people want/need!  ;)

Gary

jinky230

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 03:38:57 pm »
gary nice to hear from you, it seams the chaps who have moved from cleaner to manufacturer or supplier, and have used the system know the downfalls

great to hear your pole can be connected and disconnected with the hoses inside, and you have the integrity to mention this small detail to customers

I highly complement you sir

jeff glad I could help you save money and maybe you should look at garys poles

jouk thanks for the support and keep up the inventions, your talents are wasted

yours jinky

jeff1

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 04:01:48 pm »
Hi Gary

Can you post or email me details of your pole's

Thanks

jeff

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2006, 08:30:07 pm »
Gary (Welmac),

8ft sections sound far too long for practical use. I soon grew fed-up with the industry standard 6ft sections as for me an average height man they were just too awkward to adjust so we now use 5ft section poles.

How do you adjust your 40ft pole at full reach when you want to slide it down a couple of ft, I would have to stand on a pair of steps!!

How do you manage?

Alex

jinky230

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2006, 09:24:47 pm »
how do you throw them in the car with 8ft length, everybody has to fit pole carriers this was an issue that bugged me as well and the only people who have adapted were gardiners-- my hat goes off to them and yourself

5 feet lengths can sit nicely in vechicles without pressing against the front window of the car or better still taking up part of the pasengers legroom

I now have pole carriers that cost me £142 plus vat then the cost of fitting them to the roof to carry poles, but again why should we have to accept what people throw at us, we are the buyers we keep people in jobs, we should dictate the industry standards

gary get your website details up here I am sure a few lads would be interested in your products- if you cant load up for administration reasons then pass it on to one of the lads to load up for you, cant see that being a problem, mike did it for concept

jinky

welmac

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2006, 10:47:41 pm »
Gary (Welmac),

8ft sections sound far too long for practical use. I soon grew fed-up with the industry standard 6ft sections as for me an average height man they were just too awkward to adjust so we now use 5ft section poles.

How do you adjust your 40ft pole at full reach when you want to slide it down a couple of ft, I would have to stand on a pair of steps!!

How do you manage?

Alex

well for me 8ft sections are good, and i dont have/need any steps  :D!

all i do is angle the pole against the building and then i can reach each section with ease. and as they dont weigh the earth (unlike others) its quite easy to adjust.

the other option is to have 4,5 or 6ft sections as you have got. or you could have just the bottom section shorter as this is the one that gets adjusted most.

what may work good for one doesnt always work good for another, thats why when it comes to poles and systems i try to be as specific as possible with people on all details. if they want a pole in 8ft or 4 ft sections then thats what i will look at doing.

for me though i didnt want more sections than necessary ie: a 40ft pole is 5 x 8ft sections, but to shorten the sections to say 5ft would mean having 8 sections thus increasing the diameter of the pole. for me i much rather a "slimline" pole over something that feels like your holding a lamp post!

Gary

welmac

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2006, 10:55:09 pm »
how do you throw them in the car with 8ft length, everybody has to fit pole carriers this was an issue that bugged me as well and the only people who have adapted were gardiners-- my hat goes off to them and yourself

5 feet lengths can sit nicely in vechicles without pressing against the front window of the car or better still taking up part of the pasengers legroom

I now have pole carriers that cost me £142 plus vat then the cost of fitting them to the roof to carry poles, but again why should we have to accept what people throw at us, we are the buyers we keep people in jobs, we should dictate the industry standards

gary get your website details up here I am sure a few lads would be interested in your products- if you cant load up for administration reasons then pass it on to one of the lads to load up for you, cant see that being a problem, mike did it for concept

jinky

i just bungee my pole on the roof rack when working, and then take it off on a night (when i remember  ::) )

heres a system that i had on ebay recently:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4464127667&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

gives you an idea of what the systems look like. theres also a link to the website www.welmac.co.uk although since the site was set up i have changed the systems and poles quite alot, so it does need up dating, which im hoping to get done asap!

any feedback on the systems or questions appreciated guys.......go easy on me please  ;D

Gary

jouk45

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2006, 11:49:56 pm »
welmac,   i realy do like your web site, its well constructed and nicely laid out, well done

jouk45

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2006, 11:57:54 am »
welmac, sorry to bring this subject back up again. on your website it says, (quote . We use clear, slimline, anti-kink, braided hosing. This is far more practical and durable.) although its of best quality should it not be coloured as a  safety precaution, preventing any of the public triping over the hose, its just that we had a thread about this the other day,  it would be interesting to hear your views on it as a supplier
heres the thread, http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=20596.0

welmac

Re: suppliers should get their act together New
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2006, 07:27:04 pm »
yep i agree with you!

as mentioned in earlier post, the site is in need of updating, and thus the photos/explanations on the site need changing.

but if you look at this system we had on ebay you will find that we have already made these changes with regards to the hosing. (did this a few months back)

(havent got the skills needed to change the site myself, so am waiting for my computer expert to do it for me!!!  ::) )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4464127667&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

we can do the hose in red/blue or yellow.

Gary