Plankton

Extreme novice
« on: June 27, 2016, 06:26:20 pm »
New extreme brushes delivered last week and I don't want to use them... Yet!
I've bought the 35cm med mix and the smaller hybrid med mix and both with fan jets. Below is a pic of the second clean, first used the 35cm and had the same result.

SB Cleaning

Re: Extreme novice
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 06:43:00 pm »
Typical wfp cleaning ;D

Rob clarke

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »
Clean top frame  ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 07:52:35 pm »
I had a customer for several months with relatively new windows before she told me that every time I cleaned her windows the main bedroom window dried with a single drip line down it just like the ones in the picture. I had seen the mark each time I returned but thought it was a leaking gutter. It turned out I was jetting water behind an ill fitting rubber seal which then leaked out after I left. All I needed to do was adjust the angle of the brush. Never been a problem since.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Jonny 87

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 07:59:51 pm »
Either top frame isn't being cleaned properly, or as said above the seal is problematic. The run line does look pretty "thick" though, so I suspect after a few more cleans it will disappear or atleast become more faint.

It's all down to technique and experience, I now only use 3 mill jets (more flow and less pressure) so I'm not forcing water up into the seal, and keep the top frame clean.

The whole window is 99% perfect though, this one drip line I doubt most customers would even notice. Some may, but majority won't, and if they do notice it, they wont really be bothered.

When I was trad I'm sure there was always a soap line on one edge of the glass, or the odd turn mark or lint smudge.

Custies just want a "good" clean. Not necessarily a perfect one.  ;)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 08:18:06 pm »
That's why many wfp in the rain you know as then they can blame the dirty rainwater running down the wall  ;D ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 08:55:26 pm »
Its like most posts have said, experience will soon teach you.
I did 14 yrs trad and when started on wfp it felt like being a complete novice again, as new learning curve was needed.  The huge amount of ny work has been same customers for many many yrs and so i knew their windows well, but i had to relearn them when switched to wfp and to perfect my technique.
One that works for me, after cleaning top frame i run brush along length of top edge just below seal (so glass gets cleaned not so much the seal), i do this about 2 brush widths and then i do the up down strokes but not above where i went along side.
I found the up down motion was pushing water back up the glass into seal for the inevitable to happen. This method stops that and i dont get any problems.
(I hope that was understandable.)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 09:20:32 pm »
The middle drip/run is actually from top to bottom and on my own windows. I was slightly shocked with the first clean using the 35cm with 4 fan jets, now the pump has been run without a controller for a good while and the only problems I have had over the last couple of years have nothing to do with the standard of the clean. So running the pump this way would suggest to much flow but the 4 fan jets wont produce more flow than two pencil jets and they don't actually "fan" it's only the smaller brush fitted with two fan jets that actually produces the full fan jet.
I assume this rules out the fan jet causing the problem and points to the flow of water pushing through the single run of bristles as apposed to my Super-Lite brushes with a larger stock?

the king

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 09:25:59 pm »
i find most windows do this if u just  brush fraim and glass then rince i nearly allways turn water off shake the brush then swipe the drips off the top fraim and top rubber with the brush then rerince the glass only making shore the water dont tuch the top rubber u can tell if a window will dry fine or not buy the way the water brakes away from the top rubber some can be sneeky and drip after u have gone but  most will dry fine with this methard also hot water makes a huge difference it allmost ellimantes  runs

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 08:01:34 am »
The middle drip/run is actually from top to bottom and on my own windows. I was slightly shocked with the first clean using the 35cm with 4 fan jets, now the pump has been run without a controller for a good while and the only problems I have had over the last couple of years have nothing to do with the standard of the clean. So running the pump this way would suggest to much flow but the 4 fan jets wont produce more flow than two pencil jets and they don't actually "fan" it's only the smaller brush fitted with two fan jets that actually produces the full fan jet.
I assume this rules out the fan jet causing the problem and points to the flow of water pushing through the single run of bristles as apposed to my Super-Lite brushes with a larger stock?

the drip lines look like their coming from the top rubber seal.avoid the top rubber seal when rinsing which is easier with pencil jets(more accurate)and flick any droplets off the rubber seal beforehand (if you ve cleaned the frame above.)problem solved.
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 08:05:21 am »

the drip lines look like their coming from the top rubber seal.avoid the top rubber seal when rinsing which is easier with pencil jets(more accurate)and flick any droplets off the rubber seal beforehand (if you ve cleaned the frame above.)problem solved.

Totally agree with this, and it might be worth turning your flow down a little to avoid splashing against the frame.

ray mck

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 02:44:45 pm »
Yep prefer pencil jets .can get on with fan

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 07:50:37 am »
i find most windows do this if u just  brush fraim and glass then rince i nearly allways turn water off shake the brush then swipe the drips off the top fraim and top rubber with the brush then rerince the glass only making shore the water dont tuch the top rubber u can tell if a window will dry fine or not buy the way the water brakes away from the top rubber some can be sneeky and drip after u have gone but  most will dry fine with this methard also hot water makes a huge difference it allmost ellimantes  runs

This /\ (tho' I have no experience of hot water)
It's a game of three halves!

Tom White

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 08:16:41 pm »
Looks fine to me.

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 09:48:09 pm »
Looks fine to me.
LoL. The view might be fine but the glass isn't.
I'll try and fit a speed control to the shurflow  tomorrow or use my backup pump box (cheap china diy effort) as it's got the flow control on it.