TonyMarti

Advice on using M/S
« on: January 17, 2007, 05:26:30 pm »
I have a small bedroom carpet to clean on Sat-this is the last one to do after the owner has had to re-decorate after leasing the house out-the place & carpets were in a bit of a mess, to be honest the carpet needs a restorative clean but the owners not too bothered once, he's got all the furniture in you'll not be able to see much of the carpet. So I thought it might be a good time to try out M/S- a friend of mine has given me 2 bottles of solution No3 & 4 so what pre-spray to use & whats the best solution ratio to use on extraction-on the label it says to use as a pre-spray then extract using water.
Appreciate any advice. Cheers tony :)
Servicing the Kingdom of Fife

will01

Re: Advice on using M/S
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:54:34 pm »
Hi Tony:

Didn't quite understand the last part of your question but anyway here goes.

If the carpet is natural then I would used no4 as it's woolsafe approved. Dilution ratio is between 1:8 and 1:40 .

Cant say Ive heard of no3 but if you meant no2 then you can also us it again on natural AND or man made fibres although it's not officially woolsafe approved. Dilution ration is as above and both should only be used as a prespray.

TRY MPOWER you wont look back. Trust me  ;)

all the best

TonyMarti

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:58:59 pm »
Thanks for that, sorry about been vague-the labels on the bottles are quite scuffed! Is it ok to use heavy duty soil lifter as a pre-spray?
I'll give mMatt a ring and order some M-Power it seems to be geting godd reviews

Cheers tony ;)

will01

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:17:03 pm »
By heavy duty soil lifter do you mean solution no9. If so then yes but only on synthetic fibres

will

TonyMarti

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:34:17 pm »
No its Chemspec HDSl I normally use it with Formula 90.

Cheers Tony ;)

Ian Puckett

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 10:47:32 pm »
Tony, you wont need the soil lifter just the mpower & rinse with water. And the mans name is Nick not Mat

gwrightson

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 06:28:27 am »
Ian.
you say you only use m/p on heavily soiled carpets!!!!!!!!!
Not used it yet, but the feedback I ve had isnt that good, but to be fair I have read good reports :)
obviously from , the guys who hyped it up and  ;D.
So Ian, you are saying that m/p is the only extraction sol. you carry on your van?

Geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Derek_Walker

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 08:29:17 am »
Hi Tonymarti,

Solution No 3 is a spotting solution not to be diluted for carpet cleaning.

If you have No 2 or 4 then dilute accordingly and prespray the carpet, aggitate with a brush or envirodry etc, this is the most important part of the operation.
Finally rinse with plain water.

You don't need to use any additives ie HDSL.

TonyMarti

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 10:16:08 am »
Thanks for the info guys, I'll take everything on board-& give it a go on Sat.

Regards Tony :D