Chris R

Bane Clean truck Mount - any good?
« on: July 12, 2004, 11:34:18 pm »
Hello,
I am thinking of buying a bane clean truck mount and I would be very grateful for any feedback from owners.
I like the idea of a very cheap and reliable to run system                                                (more profit in my pocket  ;D ) and I believe that they last a very long time.
So can you tell me;
Do they provide good vac over a long hose run ?
If the vac motor is so good why do no other machine manufacturer use it?
Does the built in water heating system that takes heat from the van engine work Ok ?
What type of van would I need to carry one around in (plus dry fusion and other bits)?
How do you get on with the cleaning solution being mixed in the main water tank, this means that you have to use the same chemical mix for all occasions, and can not , for example, do an Acid rinse.
Do you ever detach the main machine from the tanks and use it portable?
Anybody regret buying one ?
Thanks for your help,
Chris
Staffordshire

Fintan_Coll

Re: Bane Clean truck Mount - any good?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 12:48:50 am »
Would like to know these answers too, Chris. Not being great at mechanical work it has always put me off buying a petrol driven truck mount. I wonder which is best , Bane Clene or Cross- American?.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 01:12:11 am »
I had 1 for 5 years and that was 2nd hand, it costs nothing to run, next to nothing breaks on it and if it does is cheap to repair, has rubbish heat but I would highly recommend this unit if you want a cheap running TM. I was delighted with mine but have moved to a petrol TM as I wanted more power Igor :o

Shaun

clive

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 04:48:49 am »
Hi Chris.
Ihave had a bane for 5 years and can highly reccommend it. Plenty of vac, more than portrables, water pressure i run at over 200 psi. I heat my bane overnight and the water is very hot the next day. Around 190 degrees and stays hot all day. It is the quietest most reliable machine you will ever buy.
I normally use up to 200 ft of hose with no problem.

Clive.

p.s. I am thinking of buying a new toy so may be selling mine. Call me on 07710 459936.