paulchambers

Decided to keep trying
« on: July 09, 2004, 12:02:03 pm »
Decided to keep trying not going to let this marketing beat me, (i must try harder) as i teachers used to say any marketing tips would be appreciated samples of letters and flyers  cheers  paul

Dennis

Re: Decided to keep trying
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 01:00:32 pm »
I know it's Americanized but on one of the American boards this action plan has kick started some businesses, it can't do any harm!  ;)

ACTION PLAN

All right here is a plan of action for everyone, that needs new clients now.

1. Put out 1000 of your most productive flyers every week.
2. Mail 100 sales letters to commercial prospects per week. Restaurants, lawyers, doctors. Whatever, your choice, but do it once a week.
3. Follow up the mailing 7-10 days with a phone call.
4. Contact other business owners. Swap customer lists. Contact 100 new prospects from each list every week. Send a sales letter first. Then follow up with a phone call.
5. Offer these same business owners gift certificates to give away as premiums to their clients.
6. Give gift certificates away at every Real Estate Office in town for every realtor working in that office every week.
7. Contact 15 prior clients every day. Let them know you are still alive.
8. Contact 30 cold prospects every day, in the market area you want to work in.
9. When completing a job, go to the neighbor and knock on the door, introduce yourself. Give them a business card. Give them a flyer. Tell them you want to be their cleaner of choice as well and hope they will consider you when they need the work.
10. Offer a cash reward or cleaning credit to anyone that gives you a referral now.
11. Offer a strong incentive to use your services now. It will be too late in April. A discount, a contest, whatever, be creative.
12. Join a service club or your local chamber of commerce. Attend the meetings, do the service and volunteer work. Great networking opportunity.
13. Whatever other great idea that might come to your head.

Now here is the biggest key. Don't do one at a time. Don't just do the ones you like and ignore the rest. Do them all right now. Not tomorrow, not next week, NOW. This is the success law of taking massive action. It doesn't matter which success guru you subscribe to, they all tell you to take action. Massive action yields massive results. Don't think about it, DO IT NOW!

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 01:09:04 pm »
Thanks for that Dennis

Dennis

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 01:28:05 pm »
When the work and the ££££££'s come pouring in remember my commission.  ;D ;)

paulchambers

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 01:34:59 pm »
ok i wont forget ;D

paulchambers

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 01:36:06 pm »
dont suppose you have a sample letter to hotels resturants etc i can get a few pointers off

Dennis

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 03:46:58 pm »
I don't actively go for that kind of work personally anymore, I prefer domestic, but the gist of it is to target your letter to the kind of place you want

eg nursing homes - pee and odour control, speed of drying, rooms back in use fast, hotels - again speed of drying, areas in use fast, work hours to suit them and offer to clean a small area as a demo (not half the property!). Offer the old features and benefits,
our cleaning solutions are safe and non-toxic which means that they are safe for you and your customers or residents or whatever
carpets restored to like new appearance which means that you save thousands.

Usual stuff!

Search these forums and Cleantalk for loads of marketing tips from people 10 times more qualified than me!

The Great One

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 08:27:35 pm »
Hi

Sounds like Network Marketing Advice?

I have never advertised and i have been mobbed for months.

I use two mediums only.

Direct mail

My face

Regards

Martin 8)

* No offence was meant during this post*

Dennis

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 12:06:45 am »
Hi

Sounds like Network Marketing Advice?

Wash your mouth out with soapy water!  ;D ;) ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 08:34:32 am »
Dennis,

How do you get domestic work?

Most of what you listed could apply to domestic.

I sure I read that in a Sales Book but got so many I cant remember which one.

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 10:50:40 am »
If all else fails just keep delivering the leaflets and eventually it will come togeather.
It takes a whole day to deliver 1000 leaflets and that should be your target. Not once but week after week.

Don't expect to get results straight away. I have had replies years afterwards. People will keep the leaflets if they are interested.

PeterH

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 03:14:46 pm »
Paul,

Most, if not all, the carpet cleaners I've met have been in your position.  Some find something else and others keep going.  If you keep going fine, if you don't, then at least you had a go, and there's nothing wrong in that.

To be practical, here's something I did to get some work.  Print a few hundred leaflets on your computer aimed at pet owners.  Your area has quite a few retired people which means dog owners.

Find out where they exercise the doggies because they'll live nearby.  Then bosh out the leaflets.  You'll get replies from pet owners of course, but also from other people simply because it's a cc leaflet.

Hope this helps,

Peter

mark_roberts

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2004, 05:35:15 pm »
One job in two months???  Something wrongs big time.

Marketing is telling not selling.  If you want work you have got to go tell people what you do and why they need you.  In other words knock doors.  Works extremely well for commercial work.

If something doesn't work and is not making money then stop using it or change it.

Mark

The Great One

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2004, 12:16:35 pm »
Hi

The problem with advertising is, it is not guarenteed.

Some guys i see on this board pay £5000 + for yellow pages and thompson, and then wait for the phone to ring.

I am not saying is doesn't work but it's a lot of cash for maybe getting a result.

Regards

Martin