paulchambers

SecondHand Prices
« on: July 07, 2004, 01:08:04 am »
Has anyone any idea of the price i should ask for a aqua 40 carpet cleaning machine from alltec its only about 6 months old decided carpet cleaning isnt for me going to put it on ebay for sale.

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: SecondHand Prices
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 01:47:43 am »
good rule to thumb is if its not very old is 40% off from new, or try selling back to Alltec.

Shaun

paulchambers

paulchambers

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 01:48:53 am »
thanks shaun

neil 47

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 09:47:14 pm »
Sorry to hear your giving up paul.
I thought you would have done well in st Ives after a while.
If you get the chance give us a call and we,ll arrange a night out

Neil
godolphin cross
       cornwall  :'( :'( :'(

IICRC

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 07:12:06 am »
Paul,

Sorry to here you are giving up.

A little while ago, I asked were new entrants to the inustry mislead about how easy it is to get customers buy suppliers or is it the nature of the work.

I would welcome your views in private or as part of the General discussion

Regards

IAN

paulchambers

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 11:33:14 am »
Ian

Its basically getting customers i moved to St Ives about 2 months ago and in that time i have had one job people are asset rich here but wages are low and unemployment is high its a lovelly part of the world to live in but work wise crap.  Loads of hotel and b & b i've sent letters to them all i've done leaflet drops newspaper ad's on the internet but saying that on average in the uk 1 in 10 homes have a pc in cornwall its 1 in 20 i moved from Dorset where i did have work but not enough and its was a struggle. I am doing something wrong in my advertising but saying that another member lives about 15 miles away has only had 8 jobs since oct.

paulchambers

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 12:03:26 pm »
not selling machine now

Dave Parry

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 12:57:07 am »
Paul, glad your not giving up. Just remember its a numbers game. When I started out I leafleted myself. Managed about 500 to 700 a day. It got me started, but was nowhere near enough. Takeup is about 0.25%. Thats 2 or 3 calls per thousand leaflets. and thats an average. Sometimes I would do a whole estate and get 0 calls. So you just have to keep at it. Have you tried local letting/estate agents? I have 3 or 4 who give me work. Not great amounts but it all helps.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 08:27:30 am »
Paul,

Glad to here you are not giving up.

May I suggest two things to you.

Get a part time sales agencey in Direct Selling to peoples home that provides the leads and you do not have to travel far. Not Network Marketing. You then sell your Carpet cleaning service once through the door. (Secret of the door)

If interested pm me I get no %  recruitment bonus etc just trying to help.

Two try telephone canvas We achieve one or two jobs for every hour that we do.

I live in a assett rich low wage area. However pennsioners are usually cash rich due to selling properties in Chelsea, Wimbeldon , Sevenoaks, , Romford, Watford, etc and moving to this area.