Len Gribble

Chenille
« on: July 02, 2004, 10:55:24 pm »
I’ve been ask to quote (Monday) to clean a Chenille rug it sounds to be quite large as cannot be moved it’s in the board room in a manor home and it was specially made for the customer also it a few years old, don’t worry on my visit I will be asking a lot of questions.

As I have never come across Chenille before, has anyone cleaned this type before what are plus, negatives.  My intention is to use HWE ???

All advice welcomed.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dave_Lee

Re: Chenille
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 01:08:06 am »
Len,
Just seen your post, so sorry for the delay.
I cleaned a Chenile rug, late last year. The one I did was only 6ft x 4ft. If its the same type, its more like a thick fabric than a carpet. I used a microsplitter rinsed off with water and it came up well, though it was a pain at first as the tools suction kept grabbing the thing. Ended up pinning it to the decking outside, that made it easier. As expected it did warp slightly through differential shrinkage and I think this is the biggest concern (If its the same type).
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 02:57:19 am »
Len.
Have cleaned Chenille before but treated like upholstery.  Used Prochem uph tool so as not to overwet .........maybe a CFR tool would be the most up to date equivalent.
Less is more ::)

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 03:17:49 am »
Len,

Chris may well be right about the CFR tool, I've not cleaned one of these rugs since I got my CFR. But the last one I cleaned I used a 6" curtain tool - the type with perforated head.

I did not have a suitable larger jet with me so made two or more slow cleaning passes, but the tool just glided over the rug effortlessly.

John.

cwfservices

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 12:19:16 am »
Hi Len,

I believe the above rug is French  hand woven rug,with a face fiber of [wool].It is not the sort of rug you see every day [quite exspensive].

Just treat it as any other rug in the normal way.

Ps.  Next time you speak to Kevin Geary send him my best regards.

Colin Fitch.

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 01:28:26 am »
Hi Colin

You are quite right very expensive and to there design, I wish they never told me how much it cost my normal rate is 10% of the value but priced it at 5%.

So you know that retroabait my condolences he only lives about 1.5 miles from me only one of two whom I trust when passing work too locally. Hope he got the rugs sorted before the weather broke, will pass on your regards.

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 01:56:22 am »
Perhaps pre spray with Micro splitters and then mix up dry foam shampoo and apply with hand mit gently 'scrubbing' in circular motion then a gentle spray extract, turbo dry and then advise them to leave flat while dried and vacuum.

Shaun