cheryl new

Re: Finally kicked off and did some carpets for ga
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 02:11:35 pm »
Thanks guys, your comments are well noted.

I'm in 2 minds about the prochem course.  1) it will help me attain a better understanding of carpet and upholstery cleaning prior to the NCCA course. 2) The NCCA course would appear to be the most informative and I could spent the prochem money going to the Carpex exhibition.

I think I'll probably see you at Carpex.

Zach, many thanks yr guidance, it's very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Best regards
Cheryl

cheryl new

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2004, 02:17:38 pm »
I've just realised that I won't be able to attend the exhibition because I get married that weekend.

Oh well.

Thanks anyway.

Cheryl

Zach

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2004, 03:34:25 pm »
Best of luck with the wedding. I'm a firm believer in getting married once - in order to get it out the way. After that all subsequent marriages are additional and can be interesting propositions.

Only joking of course. I'm sure you will be as happily married as I am. My wife is happy and I'm married.  ;D

Jim_Lynch

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2004, 04:53:48 pm »
Don't do it, Cheryl... :'( :'(

Bin there...dun dat.. >:(

Jim
Jim Lynch
ChemDry Supreme
Brisbane,Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2004, 08:22:26 pm »
High Cheryl

Both the courses you mentioned are excellent, but they do cover virtually the same ground. My own opinion is that you would gain most by having a little hands on practice with a competent carpet cleaner before the formal training. At this stage, it would then only be necessary to attend one of the courses mentioned, but for carpets AND upholstery. Presuming you pass the end of course exam, you will then be eligible to join the NCCA if you wish. The other course can be taken about 12 months later. Although similar, the extra experience gained will make it so much easier to absorb the information that went straight over your head first time 'round.

Congratulations on your impending marriage. Make sure you wear your marigolds otherwise your hands and nails will look terrible on your big day ;)

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dennis

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2004, 09:52:08 pm »

My own opinion is that you would gain most by having a little hands on practice with a competent carpet cleaner

Is this before carpet cleaning or marriage!!!   :o ;D ;)

Derek

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2004, 10:02:17 pm »
Cheryl

Good luck on the forthcoming marriage..

A little tip from an old stager at this marriage lark.. Its' all about compromise.

Get married and spend the honeymoon at Carpex...

what's wrong with that?  ;)  ;D

Derek

Dynafoam

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2004, 10:34:12 pm »
Len....sorry to disappoint you mate...but 'our Ken' has already done the naked carpet cleaner bit... he's got the photo's  

Derek,

If you suddenly become computer literate, please don't post them - I'm about to have my evening meal  ;D

John.

cheryl new

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2004, 12:03:24 am »
Deary me Jim, what did she do to you?  Probably best saved for another post.  Poor Zach, I've hijacked his post! :o

Ken, sound advice.  I'm already trying to arrange some training with one of the guys from here but he hasn't replied to my last message and I don't want to pester him.  I can see I'm going to have to though, afterall, I can't let the fella miss out on a day with me and my marigolds. ;)

Have a pleasant evening guys.  I'm off for a glass of wine.

Cheryl

Zach

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2004, 06:38:29 pm »
I will second Ken regarding his post. There is absolutely nothing to beat 'being on the job for real' AND spending the time with an experienced person.

I found that it helped dispel many of the romantic myths that may have been growing in my mind as well as giving me a firm handle on the whole process of the actual job being done.

eg: The setting up of equipment and pre-vacuuming etc can take a bit more time that you would initially expect. It also helps you understand the importance of being organised - as in knowing exactly how you are going to do the job - where you are going to leave your equipment etc. Little things like hoses and cables tend to suddenly play a new role in a live situation. You can't just let them snake about all over he floor and then hope that the client is NOT going to step on or trip over them.

They say that the devil is in the detail and I tend to agree. The 'big picture' may seem fine, but without the little things being organised, an otherwise fine job can turn into a complicated issue.

Best of luck for the future and remember, the harder you plan and organise, the luckier you get.