Neil Mc Anulty

Insurance
« on: July 01, 2004, 10:59:33 pm »
Well Folks
Last year I joined the National federation of Master window & general cleaners.
I was very happy to recieve a quote for £165 for public liability insurance from Willis insurance, so I signed up.This period of cover ended in mid June and received a letter from them to say they will no longer cover Northern Ireland.
I have been getting quotes locally for approx £1000. >:(

Can anyone advise further on companies that deal with cleaning and are prepared to cover Northern Ireland?

Mainland insurance in general is over 50% cheaper.
Why? ???  

Neil Mc Anulty

Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 11:01:14 pm »
Forgot to mention that this included Carpet, Upholstery and window cleaning.

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 12:31:06 am »
Nr-Nell

You don’t what cover you have £1mil or more sadly some Brit insurance co don’t like covering N Ireland

You could try

http://www.insuranceservices.co.uk/index.jsp?referrerID=ross@filescape.com

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

CATMAN

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 10:07:13 am »

You will find it very difficult to get insurance in NI. There is a lot of people/bussinesses in N/I not having any after the first of July. There are only two or three insurers prepared to write business, thus brokers are struggling to find places for small firms. The apparent reason is Court awards are six to eight times higher  than on the mainland.

You could try FJ Funston Insurance Brokers-based in N/I, but I don't have any contact details

mgcleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 07:35:12 pm »
nr-neil
the best quote i could get was from Spotswood Purdy Ltd, in Dungannnon 02887727201,
I only got quote for carpet & upholstery,so i dont know what they would be like for a full cleaning service.Anyway happy hunting.

Mal Gibson
Life can only be understood backwards; but most be lived forwards.  
Soren Kirkegaard