dave washbrook

hard floor cleaning
« on: June 30, 2004, 02:07:53 am »
hi all
 i have been cleaning carpets for a few months now and doing quite well, thinking of doing hard floors been asked to do a couple, tiled and safety flooring. what tool should i use and what chemical.  i opperate a t/m so would a hard floor wand work or should i invest in a rx20.  Trying to get into cleaning swimming pool sourounds and leisure centre changing rooms etc. any help would be greatley recived.

cheers dave
cleaner carpets

Len Gribble

Re: hard floor cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 11:16:26 pm »
Dave

Cleaning agent depends on what type of floor you are cleaning, always look at the long term rx20 is the way to go

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

dave washbrook

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 05:39:58 pm »
thanks len
  would you reccommend a rx20 compered to a separt scrubbre/drier like i said i want to do saftey flooring and tiled flooring. do you know of any second hand rx20 for sale

cheers
dave

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 11:33:35 pm »
Dave

I was being facetious in my reply rx20 on hard floors and you being a tm in a few moths of being a cc and thinking of going into hard floors cleaning, need I say more. I will also add your credibility is a bit iffy profile zero if this offends tough. I can live with it.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

dave washbrook

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 12:05:59 am »
ok i might be a bit nieve or thick but there is no need to be sarcastic and it takes more than that to offend me but thanks for your input

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 01:27:58 am »
I don’t think I was being sarcastic more like true full.

Len

DG

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 01:59:05 am »
Just shrug it off!

I also opperate a TM/RX20 and clean/maintain hard floor as a side line to carpet, very profitable it is too.

The only floor surface I would use the TM/RX20 set up on is tile and resilient stone.

I mostly use a dual (200/400) speed Orbital machine on saftey floor as the RX20 is too light and the TM is too hot. I use a numatic 902 to extract the slurry.

Hope this is of some use to you.

David

dave washbrook

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 02:00:32 am »
if that's your honest opinion then thanks but i was only trying to get some helpfull advise cause i thought cc were supposed to help and advise each other anyway looks like i'm going for a scrubber/drier thanks to some kind genuine advise. sorry to trouble you len

dave washbrook

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 02:07:37 am »
david
 at last someone with consideration for us newbees thanks for your comments nice to now there are helpfull cc out there as said looks like i'll go for a scrubber/drier not sure which one though will have to shop around

thanks for your KIND and HELPFULL reply

cheers
dave

DG

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 02:08:18 am »
I've foun a scrubber/dryer in not as versitile as a scrubber and seperate vac. You'll know what I mean when you try to clean toilet floors with a large scrubber/dryer.

David

dave washbrook

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 02:36:26 am »
david
 thanks again for your help i have seen a couple of scrubber/driers which apear the same size as a orbital scrubber ,quite expencive though, thanks for the input on the rx20 i now there good on carpets but wern't quite sure about hard floors.

dave

Ralph

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 11:31:21 pm »
Hi there Dave,

I've been cleaning carpets and hard flooring for 15 years, i've just invested in a Numatic 1530 twin speed with solution tank and vac attachement, can also do wood floors with this machine, as far as cleaning vinyls and thermoplastics, regular ammonia free floor stripper is sufficient and as far as rinsing goes I just use a hard floor wand with my portable machine with some acid rinse in the tank to rinse the floor before allowing to dry and apply a couple or three coats of polish, I've never had a problem with this method. Obviously read up on the other types of flooring before doing the work as previously mentioned there are quite a few to get your head round even for us more experienced CC, as I've had to get a chemical set for Dalsouple rubber safety flooring, my first one ever in all my years, but none the less, same principals, just different chemicals, wherever possible, (if in doubt) check with manufacturer before quoting for the work, and if it's your first time at cleaning a particular type of flooring, try and get a sample to practice on and build your confidence, or take your time and don't rush the job.
don't be put off by others, some decent money to be had in the hard flooring circuit, particularly marbles and granites.

Regards

Ralph
Injecting new life into carpets and soft furnishings

dave washbrook

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 01:20:30 am »
hi ralph
thanks for your kind and helpfull advise i've just brought a numatic 1500 scrubber and have used it twice and it has worked well and earnt me decent money and not as heavy going on my back as carpet cleaning still a lot to learn on different floors  thanks once again for your help
 cheers
     dave