adl

Prevac
« on: April 30, 2004, 01:37:38 pm »
Could you give your opinions to the best vacuum to use for pre-vac`ing whether it be on domestics or  commercial, pros and cons of machines etc

Regards Dave

DaveR

Re: Prevac
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 02:49:01 pm »
we tend to use either the sebo bs36 or 46 or the Karcher equivalent the CW50.There are not any cons other than initial cost(shop around) and the weight compared with most domestic machines.Pros very well built, the sebo having the edge here in my opinion,longevity, we have one which is 15 years old and has only had bags and the fact that you are using something which is obviously different to that which most householders have.Both machines have seperate motors for vacuum and brush roller.

Hope this helps

Dave

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 09:54:13 pm »
Dave555,

As DaveR has written, the Sebo vacs are amazingly durable. They also do a reasonable job.

For even better results, the Victor D9 tub vac, in association with its' electric brush head, will out-perform the Sebo on carpets and used vac-only the higher airflow an vacuum power, together with its' 5ft hose puts it into diferent class.

On the down-side can be a pain to use - the brush is powered from the tub and after swapping from room to room the two power cables and hose can become tangled. It also takes up more van-space and costs twice as much as a Sebo.

I often swop between the D9 & Sebo to gain van-space but can produce the same result on a carpet in half the time with the D9.

John.

Stu

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 02:48:54 pm »
I used to have the same problem using a Henry with an electric head. the hose and cables got tangled everywhere.
I've just bought a Henry Turbocare for using at home and i'm quite impressed. You get the electric head but the cables are integrated in the hose.

I've not matched it against my sebo as yet

Stu

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 08:12:47 pm »
Stu,

When using the D9 in a fixed location, the head wire can be clipped to the hose, but for mobile use, this means the hose remains on the brush/tube/hose assembly, which makes for akward van-loading.

John.

Ralph

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 09:50:49 pm »
Hi Dave,

have you considered buying the vac attachment to attach to your HWE machine, as you aren't going to get much more powerful than that and it cost around £200 from Ashbys', on the extreme edge you could invest the tidy sum of around £1600 in a Rainbow E-Series, this is based on water filtration / Airflow principal much the same as HWE machines and comes with a variety of tools, however you would need to invest an additional £50 odd for the rainbow mate to make doing the stairs and upholstery more comfortable, the obvious con of the rainbow is price, but none-the-less has dug me out of a hole or 2 when the HWE has gone bang, more so with the upholstery as it comes with a plastic upholstery tool.

Happy hunting

Regards

Ralph
Injecting new life into carpets and soft furnishings

paul@ctcs

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 12:23:58 am »
Good evening chaps,

I know no one will agree with me on this but i quite like my commercial dyson vaccum cleaner. I have in the past used my kirby which done a decent job, but whilst browsing on e-bay i came across a dyson DC04 constantmax commercial spec vaccum and my curiosity got the better of me so i bought it for only £70. The dyson would have been ideal for use at home had it not cut it at work but as i'm sure you have guessed i think its quite good.It is plastic looking as normal dysons are but it is well designed, no bags and you can see all the muck your vaccuming up which i like, good suction and brush bar and its not broken yet despite bashing about in the van so i cant complain.well worth a punt if you can find one for a good price :)

Paul @ CTCS

Dynafoam

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 01:14:15 am »
Paul,

These vacs are quite popular with CCs 'Down Under'

John.

Dennis

Re: Prevac New
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 02:51:35 pm »
For your info, 1 year old Sebo BS46 on ebay.
£350 new? Currently £21

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11702&item=4313138368&rd=1