Re: mytee speedster
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 09:51:45 pm »

Must admit the way you frame it, sounds like a no brainer. £400 a month is still quite a commitment to me at the moment though.

Also I can't reverse vans for toffee. ;D

mark_roberts

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 09:52:37 pm »
I wasted thousands trying to get achieve an  electirc/portable van based set-up.  Take my advice and dont do it because it cant be done.

Not enough power, too many leads and plugs, all the gear takes up too much space and of course the cost v a small TM.

Heed my advice.

Mark

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 09:58:51 pm »

Mark,

Yes, read your previous posts. ;D

There was a guy with a Ninja in a funny van. Didn't he emmigrate in the end?

I will be sumo deadlifting the ninja up stairs for some while yet unfortunately. :(

the red carpet

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 11:01:15 pm »
£400 a month is a commitment,
But at your prices its a days work, 2 suites and a lounge and its done.

You will spend more than a day over the month, lifting your machine in and out of van and filling and emptying.

So you will have more time to sell and market (wich is the important bit)

And even if you make the same profit for more work, it will be easier work ;)
And you will build your buisness quicker as more customers cleaned = more repeat and referall work next year ;)

So more commitment yes.

But
Less work.

Same or more profit.

Faster buisness building.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 11:08:46 pm »
red,
is that for a new van & t/m on lease or have you bought them separatley???
regards
steve

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 11:18:30 pm »

Red,

Where do I sign?

Chris R

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 11:25:26 pm »
£400 a month is a commitment,

£400 a month to buy it.
£30 to £40 per week to run it.
Equals £520 to £560 per month.

Its still £400 a month in January, when nobody wants any carpets cleaning.

I dont find a T/M that much faster than a portable.

But its a lot dryer, and a lot deeper clean, so I will stick with my T/M.

But dont fall for all of the B/S that you read.

If you cant afford to SAVE £500 a month, dont buy a T/M yet.

Chris
Staffordshire

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 06:23:20 am »
There have been two gentlemen I'm  told, who very sucessfully operated a pair of 400/500 psi portables from smaller vans.

One was a Diahatsu, similar to our Suzuki in size, which can be driven through and parked in the tiniest of places.

The guy who operated the above had it well sussed and appeared to be operating very successfully, BUT because he was happy to charge moderate prices and be BUSY he got his ears chewed on here and stopped posting.

The ' funny ' van, is a superb vehicle for this work and costs a great deal less to buy and run than the massive vehicles used for T/Ms

Success in business is the bottom lime and there is more than one way of achieving it.

Chris's post is refreshing in it's honesty

Angie

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 06:29:29 am »
If we were starting up, or not backing, out of this business, the machine that appeals to us most , has to be the Prowler

This is close to the concept my husband has always dreamed of, but a bit overpriced, unfortunately.

Angie

carpetclean

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 07:31:24 am »
angela
 what ever happens please do not stop posting on this forum. i find your comments refreshing and to the point but more importantly down to earth
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

mark_roberts

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 05:21:39 pm »
A tm I find is a good bit quicker on larger jobs.  On single carpet jobs theres only a small 5-10min saving.  On some jobs it will take longer ie. when you have to run 150ft to the front door.

Email Davy Morton.  He was out with me on Wednesday.  He'll tell you how we did.

Mark

cleaning co

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 05:59:52 pm »
hi ive been running prtys out of my "funny vans " for about 8 years  i think !     first was a speedtser machine second is a ninja  and just for the record i only paid £3000 for my top range ninja , but the ninja is by far the better machine vacs seem better pump is better and heat is brill, and hav used truckmounts before and like the portys better  the way i use them  and find them faster on jobs but thats just my thinking , my setup is superb for domestics and cant justfie a truckmount, and rember i use custys electric , and can hav much smaller van so my costs are lot less , and can do as much work in a day as a truckmount no prob with very good results as the ninja pumps out steam even at 100ft so cutting through the dirt , and i hav found when using truckmounts that my ninja holds the heat better  anyone thinking of buying a truckmount for doing mainly domestics should come c my setup in action ,not knocking truckmounts as they hav there place, just as high powered portys do but i dont agree with some truckmounters veiws about doing jobs qicker and earning more money etc etc  over the way i di it ,its just not true  i hav used both methods !!
gary

fibresafe

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 06:09:08 pm »
When did you have your Speedster, aren't they new in this country?

I've owned a Ninja for about 6 years and recently tried out a Speedster - the Speedster is definitely much more powerful on vac, the pump is more powerful at 450psi, and it's a lot cheaper. I have to say I'd now go for the SPeedster out of the two.

cleaning co

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 06:58:35 pm »
hi the speedster has bin sold for years all under diffrent names but same machine, what ninja model do u hav? my two speedsters were called seahawks with 400psi pumps 2 x 3stage vacs and a 2000 watt inline internal heater s   my ninja is 400psi 3000 watt inline internal heater 2x3stage vacs auto fill auto dump and a built in tank heater    and side by side the ninja has better suck pump holds it pressure better at long hoses  and fantastic heat,  imo  the speedtsers are a great top end porty but it cant beat the ninja for performace and build

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 07:45:01 pm »
Hi c/co, I remember you taling of a business in Spain. If you got something started, I hope you're luckier than we were with our daughter.

Set her up with a small Bar, but she let us down.

Best wishes

Angie

craigp

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 08:44:06 pm »
hi Gary, good to see you back ;)

i have not long switched from porty of 4 years to TM

the TM in the early years i could simply not have afforded, yes TMs are on the whole quicker but they are not cheap to run, you have to be busy to justifie TM. i think i got it just the right time, my advice get busy then buy one.

looking back on the years running my porty it was just so damn cheap!!!!!!!!!

the red carpet

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2006, 10:54:36 am »
Garys set up, i have allways thought makes sense and is very well thought out.

I very nearly went down this route myself.

The problem is it does have limitations, as im sure Garry will admit. So i thought i may as well go the whole hog, at least this way i will be able to deal with anything i come across.

Not looking forward to the fuel bills though. Just hope it speeds me up enough to be worth it.

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2006, 06:14:53 am »
We will be doing a new machine that will be retailed at a very low price. We have put a 500 psi pump in 2 X 3 Stage vacuums and internal heat exchanger

I  cannot give you a retail price but it will be lower than the prices here
Vernon

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2006, 01:02:14 am »

I this right?

Got a Ninja so you'd think it would be the cheapest route with add ons for truckmount porty.

Steamate £600
Vacbooster £500+vat
Autofill£?
Autodump£?

Got to be talking £1300 at least. How much is the speedster or Mitee?

Then of course add in all those extra extension leads and RCDs ;) 

I think Derek is the most effective type of salesman, you don't realise you have been sold at all, you just think he's giving you friendly advice. ;D 

carpetclean

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2006, 06:52:19 am »
time i paid you another visit vernon need to see these wands and hand tools
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed