Ian Hare

Re: How to Stop telephone sales pests!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 07:01:19 pm »
You could empty your dirty water over their carpets!
;D
Regards Ian.

Chris R

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2004, 10:21:19 pm »
Hello again,
Its a few months since I first posted this information. I was just wondering if anyone found it to be of use? Did it help to reduce the number of telephone sales calls that you get?
Chris
Staffordshire

Michel Roberts

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2004, 10:24:20 am »
I regesterd a few months ago and it does'nt seem to have made any difference at all. Still getting an average 2/3 calls a day.  Like a previous poster I divert my calls into my mobile. I also use a freephone no.

Michel

Londoner

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2004, 12:02:29 pm »
Interesting thought, - my friend in America tells me that the worst phone pests over there are carpet cleaning franchises.
They are the eqivilent of double glazing salesmen over here.

Now that you can get phone accounts like "talk talk" that give you free calls in the evening, has anyone tried telemarketing?

If you can't beat them, maybe we should consider joining them?

Derek

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2004, 12:14:32 pm »
Heaven forbid!....  :-/

There is nothing more infuriating than being pestered on the telephone by salespeople in the evenings (or daytime even) ESPECIALLY when they are obviously reading from a pre-prepared script.

You have to ask yourself the question would 'YOU' like a call of this nature?

Sorry if I have put a dampener on your enthusiasm... it's a purely personal viewpoint

Cheers
Derek

Chris R

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2004, 06:39:55 pm »
Hi,
If you have registered on the TPS site you should have got a letter to confirm the details. If you didnt then something went wrong with the registration process.
If you are registered and you get a call from a telesales person just say "If I could just mention that this number is  registered on the TPS register and that you are breaking the law by calling this number. Please remove my details fom your database or I will have to report your company if you call again!! If they do call back, take the companys name, telephone number,and time of call and put the info into the TPS website complaints section.
Eventually the sales calls will stop.
Chris
Staffordshire

Neil Gott

, b unwantedRe: How to Stop telephone sales pests!
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2004, 11:21:20 pm »
I registered with TPS a long time ago, and I get very few calls from the uk.

I have recently, though, had a spate of International calls trying to sell me a telephone service. One of them was Blue something or other. One of the callers said she was in New York. If they knew that I only make about four calls a day they would soon lose interest.

It puzzles me how some companies do so little research before blanket targetting. I get brochures through the post inviting me to use their services for my fleet of heavy goods vehicles, and a few days ago a company introduced their mailing facilities as a must have service. I used to be on the Mailing Preference Service. I must check to see if it has lapsed
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk

Dynafoam

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2004, 11:39:37 pm »
Niel,

I ahve registered under the Mail Preferance Service but it seems to have little effect.

What I do now is to stuff all the reply-paid envelopes with someone else's adverts, then post them  ;D

John.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2004, 08:53:05 pm »

Definately worked for me. ;D

Since registering,  junk mail by fax is almost nil.

Phil

ps I did get a telephone call the other day company selling me somthing.
When I said to her I am not interested she said:-

"What do you mean you are not interested"

Nuff said!!!!

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2004, 02:40:51 am »
As you know I do Tele Marketing and find it successful.

But do not like way TPS charge you to find out if a number has registered.

Personally I think telephone carriers shoud pay a percentage of turnover to cover cost of service.

However I am thinking of registering as I am getting fed up with these competion calls \which are automatically dialed.

I like ive sales calls as I learn technique.

Also if they are from abroad are they coverd by Telephone Prefrence Service