Mike Halliday

Re: Which machine?
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2015, 07:22:07 am »
Are we not the same as a customer washing his car in the drive and letting the dirty water run into the roadside drain? apart from we do it as a commercial enterprise.

I use an auto pump out on every job so as I clean the dirty water is expelled under the vehicle , if I'm on a drive it runs into the lawn or flowerbeds, if I'm parked on the rd then it runs into a drain. Never had a problem in 15yrs of doing it this way.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Lewis Newby

« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2015, 07:39:34 am »
Mike, thats how I see it too.
Coming from a mobile valeting background there were some water boards in the uk who enforced use of water reclamation mats etc but still not governed highly enough.
all chems were bio degradable and all the soiling came from the road, atmosphere or car itself and if it hadnt stuck to the car, would instead still be in the environment anyway.

SimonW

« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2015, 07:54:26 am »
If you fit a portable HWE into your van and make it into aTM i.e. fixed into van would that invalidate your van insurance.  With experience when I said that I had fitted my T/M into van they classified it as a modification to the vehicle. I'am possibly looking at joining the portable club in the future.
David
ps lots of good and free advise from John Martin and Radek Jablonski

how come it invalidates van insurance if portable is "fitted" by ratchet straps and you can take it out of the van in few minutes....?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2015, 08:55:20 am »
the thing with tm is that they run off the fuel and that is the risk on the insurance
Most of the vans are having something fitted to the sides or floor.

cleantech

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2015, 02:25:03 pm »
Steempro 2000. You can still get it up stairs if needs be. I do it all the time as I hate loosing power from long hose runs