Darran Pryce

Anyone used SPM for bonnet cleaning?
« on: November 08, 2013, 10:34:58 pm »
Hey Guys,

Any of you use/used SPM for commercial bonnet cleaning and if so how did you find the results?

Kinver_Clean

Re: Anyone used SPM for bonnet cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:30:14 pm »
SPM is a prespray for extraction cleaning. It has no lubricants for bonneting.
Use Fusion Clean, it has the required lubricants and a soil retardant built in.
It works, I have used it on gruesome engineering works carpet with ace results.
Especially with rinse bonnets, 4 are ideal.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 12:35:02 am »
I have and it works great... Especially on those nasty traffic lanes... Spray it on very lightly brush in and bonnet off using the most absorbent pad you have...

Scott Taylor

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:56:20 am »
Strangely enough I asked a similar question on another carpet cleaning forum. Fusion clean was also mentioned but a few said spm ok to bonnet with. So fusion clean seems the best? I've been using dynamall with good results. Out of all the chemicals what is the best product for bonnet cleaning? So many choices. Cheers.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 07:05:00 am »
i use pure clean with oxibrite booster which is about the same thing on most jobs i bonnet.

i did a massive office over 2 weekends in october i did the first weekend using this mix and the results were very impressive  although when i went back the following weekend a lot of the drink stains were still there, it was a though the pureclean mix had  removed all the general dirt but left any actual stains.

i did the second weekend with dynamall which did an equally good job but also took out the stains.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Derek_Walker

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 09:04:26 am »
You would be better off using an encapsulation product such as fusion clean, dynamall, releasit, surround etc. If needed you can add a booster to these products. Also they help to prevent any wickback problems by encapsulating the soil and stains.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 09:25:20 am »
Encapsulation products will also help reduce the number of pads you need and eliminate the need for the on job rinsing. Simply spray and scrub with the odd dry bonnet kept in reserve in case you need to suck a little soil out of really heavy areas to make them pop.

Boosters can be added, if required, often they aren't with modern encapsulation products.

Boosters shouldnt be added to HOS Environ, Chemspec Rotobrite 2, Dynamall or Releasit HydrOx as they already contain them and additional boosters may effect polymerisation of the soil emulsion.

tim handley

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 09:27:32 am »

dynamall is working a treat for me... did a free demo with it yesterday and it amazed the client.......... (and won me a nice job)!!!!!!!!!!!

Darran Pryce

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 10:23:30 am »
Dynamall is working for me too really well.  Not to be knocked. The only downside is the smell, very strong.  Simple solution, don't put the recommended dilution rate in, sorts it out.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 11:59:24 am »
A micro splitter is perfect for "first stage" soil removal...
I cleaned some office carpet tiles a while back and they were knackered... lots of soil build up around and under the desks, used dynamal first and the results were unimpressive, the lightly soiled areas did respond well though.
I then lightly sprayed hot SPM on the high soil areas and bonneted using a thick MF pad... the results were much better and the pad was loaded with soil!
I then went back over using dynamal and i have to say the improvement was staggering.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 12:34:38 pm »
This is most likely because peroxide boosted products like Dynamall and Hydrox are on the acid side of the pH scale so need longer dwell time to achieve results over alkaline encap products.

The SPM according to the MSDS is ph10.4. ON that particular occassion one of the non boosted encaps such as Releasit DS2, Surround Ultra, Prochem Procaps may have performed better in one step.

Additional padding with an absorbent pad will always help.  On first visits we like to hit the whole area with a scrub pad first then when dry (maybe the following day on large restorative cleans)  and vac the bad areas then run over with bonnet pads for a second highlight clean. This gives us the same appearance levels that prespraying, scrubbing, extracting, padding then LM cleaning when dry used to give us.

A sodium percarbonate booster (Chemspec Energizer, Prochem Oxibrite, Craftex Energybrite) with these products will help  if organic staining is present.

tim handley

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 12:42:24 pm »
still finding the comments re smell a bit odd re dynamall!   im getting nowt but very positive comments about it.......
have they changed it? i only ask as i bought mine very recently and read somewhere they are working on it......

Scott Taylor

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 02:20:44 pm »
Some great advice there guys. I have only used dynamall for bonnet cleaning on commercial and EOTs be good to get advice from experienced bonneters, So what other encaps would people say are better or better in certain situations? Just want a comparison. I've had no problem with dynamall I think it smells nice. I've been using the oreck activa bonnet and the black agitation brush. Just ideally want an all in one product.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 02:29:33 pm »
This from a previous post may give the info you are looking for

Other observations made is that the results achieved with releasit hydrox have been far superior to surround or dynamall. Was I doing something wrong?

All 3 are great products. Did you do anything different when you used the Hydrox?
Were they different installations?

Dynamall and Hydrox will need a longer dwell than Surround as they are on the acid side of the pH scale.

Looking at the main encap products I have used the difference between them is in their make up.

Dynamall contains detergent, deodoriser, copolymer protector, oxi booster (5%) and the encapsulation polymer

Surround contains detergent, encap polymer and perfume depending on version

Prochem Procaps - as Surround, Woolsafe approved.

Chemspec Rotobrite 2 - Detergent, encap polymer, hydrogen peroxide (5-10%)

HOS Environ - High Surfactancy for zero dwell and greasy soil, hydrogen peroxide (?%) encap polymer. CRI approved.

Releasit Hydrox contains Encap polymer, Hydrogen Peroxide (10%) & Detergent. It is also further on the acid side of the pH scale (3.5) making the additional booster more stable in the bottle and effective on problem acid side soils, its Crystalon HP polymer is different from the regular Crystalon 3 in the rest of the range to make it more compatible with the oxidiser for improved cleaning.

If protector is required it can be applied afterwards.

Why one worked better than the other will be down to the above factors/features of the product and obviously the carpet & soil type.
Obviously there is only so much "space" in concentration for each ingredient so choosing what you actually need for the job will determine what to use.

Dynamall gives you a bit of everything thrown into the mix making it a great all rounder.

The Releasit range lets you tailor what you actually require to get the maximum performance.

Basic - Straight cleaning and encapsulation (no perfume or protector) 1:16 or 1:32 dilution
DS1 & 2 - Double Strength with Flurochemical Protector, Tea Tree Extract 1:32 dilution
Bio - As DS1 & 2 but no protectoe and EDFA approved
Punch - Surfactant loaded for greasier areas and zero dwell time, Protector, Tea Tree Extract variable dilutions as a pre-spray (before DS2 or Basic), Extraction Rinse, Spotter, Bonnet Cleaner (doesn't foam like the others so better for spray application), Upholstery Cleaner (synthetics) CRI approved.
HydrOx - Cleaning & Encapsulation (acid side) with peroxide booster. The favourite for wool carpet, organic soils & spills and upholstery cleaning.

Surround, Procaps, Releasit Basic, Punch & DS2 could all be boosted with Sodium Percarbonate (Chemspec Energizer, Prochem Oxibrite, Craftex Energybryte) if desired. Not something I have found the need for with the Releasit range.

Scott Taylor

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 02:53:08 pm »
Thank you.

davep

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 08:33:30 pm »
Impressive. Get similar results with SPM. Do you put anything in it, oxidiser, shampoo?
Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 08:53:20 pm »
Confirms my thoughts on it as I've tried all of the supposed wonder Chems and every time SPM seems to do at least as good if not a better job of it at a fraction the cost.
Impressive pictures Dave.
What kind of bonnet / pad do you use?

Simon

davep

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 09:31:59 pm »
I use the zebra pads on cimex. You can get larger ones for rotatys too.

Get them off Restormate.