mark shannon

Good deal on vac motors?
« on: November 03, 2013, 04:12:56 pm »
Is this a good deal for portly motors says there top of range?

"The vacuum motors were Lamb Ametek 5.7” 3 stage with aluminium flanges and horn (not plastic) made in the USA/Mexico and they are 1500 watt
I have a good stock as Scotts buy a pallet load at a time and air freight them in from the States   We sell at £140.00 + vat but will reduce if 2 or more are discounted call graham 01923 682856"

john martin

Re: Good deal on vac motors?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 04:58:16 pm »
Is this a good deal for portly motors says there top of range?

"The vacuum motors were Lamb Ametek 5.7” 3 stage with aluminium flanges and horn (not plastic) made in the USA/Mexico and they are 1500 watt
I have a good stock as Scotts buy a pallet load at a time and air freight them in from the States   We sell at £140.00 + vat but will reduce if 2 or more are discounted call graham 01923 682856"

all made in Mexico  ..   
considering iv seen one site sell them for 250 !  its not too bad  ..
but this is the best net deal .

http://www.carpetcleanersstore.co.uk/category/motors

stuart_clark

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:48:41 pm »
I can buy them for less than £100 each plus the vat and carrige

mark shannon

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 04:55:43 pm »
Thanks chaps :)

dan paton

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 04:59:04 pm »
I can buy them for less than £100 each plus the vat and carrige
where from stuart?

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 11:29:16 pm »
Stuart - spill the beans on your vac motor source   ::)roll

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 04:28:20 pm »
I need a vac motor - but without the flange

Carpet Cleaners Store havent got any flangeless ones for a few weeks, i have found one but the serial ends in 00 - thats the same as what was in my Scorpion but from what i have discovered the 00 motors dont have the airseal.

I had great life out of the ones in the Scorpion so does that really make a difference?

john martin

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 06:00:38 pm »
I need a vac motor - but without the flange

Carpet Cleaners Store havent got any flangeless ones for a few weeks, i have found one but the serial ends in 00 - thats the same as what was in my Scorpion but from what i have discovered the 00 motors dont have the airseal.

I had great life out of the ones in the Scorpion so does that really make a difference?

See , if you 'd just bypassed that thermal switch  ...   ;D

13 and i think 28 is the airseal version , who knows why they didnt fit them ... probably cheaper for 00

Im sure you could adapt the flanged version to fit ?  you can get a small 4inch long rubber tube in plumbings stores that have an jubilee clip on each end ... various diameters are available .  That should tighten onto the motor flange and your hose .
Or you could just cut off the flange .?

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 06:23:18 pm »
Hi John

The other motor is fine in the Scorpy, i need one without the flange now for another machine which has the motor flat to it so the only option would be to cut the flange off which i am not sure about!!

The deal carpetcleanersstore do on the vac motors is great and makes you not want to pay the £170 charged by the main suppliers but like i say no stock  :(

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 07:04:34 pm »
what are the electro motors?

i have just spoken to Martin from http://www.carpetcleaningmachinerepairs.co.uk/index.html - he can do a 1300 watt high lift electro for £155

they are US motors and the same as Alltec are selling i think

john martin

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 07:34:24 pm »
what are the electro motors?

i have just spoken to Martin from http://www.carpetcleaningmachinerepairs.co.uk/index.html - he can do a 1300 watt high lift electro for £155

they are US motors and the same as Alltec are selling i think

The 1300w version would not really be the high powered one , but it may suit you fine .
Is it a single vac machine or  twin ... is it series or parallel .
Alltec have the two main electros for sale in their spares section online ....   the High lift one is 1600w .. the lower lift one is about 1200w .
I wouldn't trust anyone calling themHigh lift without knowing what model you getting  , there is also a 1450w version so any of them could be called high lift but the 1600w would be the real HD version.
Cutting off the flange should work fine also as long as you cut close to the base .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 07:44:23 pm »
its for an Airflex triple vac

Martin said he prefers to fit 1200 watt motors in them but they have 1400 watt motors as standard i think

Could i have a hi lift one in the Airflex triple? the one he sells on the website states 1500w hi lift - http://www.carpetcleaningmachinerepairs.co.uk/Vacuum_Motors.html

there was no price difference between 1300 & 1500

john martin

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »
its for an Airflex triple vac

Martin said he prefers to fit 1200 watt motors in them but they have 1400 watt motors as standard i think

Could i have a hi lift one in the Airflex triple? the one he sells on the website states 1500w hi lift - http://www.carpetcleaningmachinerepairs.co.uk/Vacuum_Motors.html

there was no price difference between 1300 & 1500

I still wouldn't  be sure which model it is he has  ... it could be the medium power version . 
The 1200w is about 5 amps , the 1400w is about 6 amps the 1650w is around 7amps .

I think i would avoid the 1200w as it may slightly lower your overall lift ... but then again you may never notice .
Chopping that flange off is still the cheapest option ..   

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 08:03:07 pm »
Are the electro motors better performance than the Lambs? If I had the hi lift from Alltec could I run the 1650 in the Airflex?

Worries me trying to chop off the flange in case I crush the case or get crap in the fins

john martin

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 08:15:10 pm »
Are the electro motors better performance than the Lambs? If I had the hi lift from Alltec could I run the 1650 in the Airflex?

Worries me trying to chop off the flange in case I crush the case or get crap in the fins

Its up to you , if you had a dremel it would go through the flange quick ... or just the long blade of a hacksaw and a bit of patience .
The 1650 electro would be a better performer ...  the others are a bit more efficient than their Ametec equivalent but not much .
Im not sure about the 1650 in your airflex ...  i will be playing around with two HD electros in a few weeks so il know more then .  You may not see much benefit with just one combined with two lamb in parallel .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »
OK, thanks John - a vacuum oracle as always!!

dan paton

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 10:24:16 pm »
I bought a motor with a flange ages ago by mistake. A vice a wallpaper scraper and a few light taps with a hammer and it came clean off. Might be an idea to make a small gap with a dremel first though

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 10:57:23 pm »
thanks mate, cracked it now though, amazing what Googling can do!!

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 09:26:38 am »
Sorry to hijack the thread. John , in my airflex are 1200w Lamb motors, in parallel. I am guessing that fitting one hd, or more powerful vac will not make a huge difference so is best to match them on a parallel set up? And, if so, would I benefit more from two higher powered lamb motors to two higher powered electro motors?
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 09:42:54 am »
Don't worry about hijacking matey - its good for us all to get the info on these motors - the electro ones look a good bet in some machines

john martin

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 10:23:03 am »
Sorry to hijack the thread. John , in my airflex are 1200w Lamb motors, in parallel. I am guessing that fitting one hd, or more powerful vac will not make a huge difference so is best to match them on a parallel set up? And, if so, would I benefit more from two higher powered lamb motors to two higher powered electro motors?

You would definitely benefit from two 1600w  in parallel  , you would then have the same performance setup of the American Mytee LTD5 .
However .. they are just under 7amps each so two on the one cord may or may not be a bit much , i would imagine it causes no problems but the UK manufacturers dont seem willing to fit two on one cord with a pump ... like i said i am going to try that myself shortly and measure overall ampdraw etc .
You could also easily enough modify the machine with a second cord if that was an issue , i think it would be worth it .  I wouldn't run one 1600w and one 1200w in parallel as id imagine lift would drop to near the lower powered  vac rating .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 12:30:19 pm »
John, i have found US Lamb Ametek's for just over 100.00 - model 117123-13. Cleansmart sell 1400 watt ones - these i have found are 1500 watts - would that be an issue putting in the Airflex triple vac? I dont really get the amp draw thing!!

john martin

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 01:11:12 pm »
John, i have found US Lamb Ametek's for just over 100.00 - model 117123-13. Cleansmart sell 1400 watt ones - these i have found are 1500 watts - would that be an issue putting in the Airflex triple vac? I dont really get the amp draw thing!!

Same motor , cleansmart are calling it a 1400w .

http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Ametek_Lamb_Vacuum_Motors.html

The watt rating of the motor indicates the amount of power it can produce ...  but the more watts the more current (amps ) it has to draw from your house socket .

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 08:34:16 pm »
So would you have to run two cords from two separate ring mains/sockets? And then I'm guessing if I wanted an inline heater that would mean another outlet?
Andrew

john martin

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2014, 09:17:42 pm »
So would you have to run two cords from two separate ring mains/sockets? And then I'm guessing if I wanted an inline heater that would mean another outlet?

If you made it a two cord ..  then just plug into a double socket like any two cord machine ... same as a Storm , you will likely have to plug the inline in elsewhere anyway .

But on one cord , provided you dont have a huge pump , it should just just push the current draw about an amp and a half past 13 ... (max that is )  likely nothing to cause issues but i dont want to say that for sure without trying it myself .

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 10:29:50 pm »
I have a 600 pumptec so two cords would prob be the way forward on that one. Just another if I may, what would be the difference in the two 1600 5.7 to 2x6.6 as in the storm?
Andrew

john martin

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2014, 11:34:13 pm »
I have a 600 pumptec so two cords would prob be the way forward on that one. Just another if I may, what would be the difference in the two 1600 5.7 to 2x6.6 as in the storm?

Just from reading user and test reviews ...  
Nearly everyone  that has compared two 6.6 and two HD 5.7 in parallel have said that they are about equal in performance  ...  the sort of people im quoting are donald from steem brite  ,  some users that have gone from a 6.6 machine to Mytee LTD5 have said the same.

The 6.6 is a great motor and has more airwatts on paper ... but those additional airwatts are made up from airflow  ,The HD 5.7 on the other hand had more suction (lift )  .
Iv read that at the Mytee stand at the last ice expo , Mytee had a HD 5.7 , a 6.6 and an 8.4 pair rigged up for people to compare , with a prize for anyone who could tell the difference ,  no one could .   Mytees John la barbera  has said he will not use the 6.6 unless Ametek make a three stage version of it , so he rates the additional lift of the three stage Electro .
Some foreign chap was messaging me and said that Alltec are fitting the HD 5.7 in the Evolution now instead of the 6.6  ...  perhaps he got it wrong , but could be .

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 12:25:30 am »
Thank you for the info John. Much appreciated.
Andrew

john martin

Re: Good deal on vac motors? New
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 10:05:20 pm »
  I might just add  ...

I am a bit clearer on the different higher power versions of the Electro 5.7 available to the UK now .

Ashbys high power motor is a flat bottom 1600w - model 6600-49 .  
It produces 560 airwatts  (  148" lift and 110cfm )   7.1 amps max

The next version is also around 1600w but it had a conical bottom . It is model 6600-47-A-MP
It produces 585 airwatts  ( 154" lift and 110 cfm )  7 amps max .
It kind of needs a special gasket which electro supplies into which it sits  .
They also supply a flange tube adapter if you want to connect straight to a hose
It would have to be explained to me why Ashbys and others dont use this version insted of the flat bottom version . ( i would say its because the flat motor likely costs a bit less )
I picked up a 6600-47  , this is what it looks like .

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2le2a7p.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/14jycr8.jpg

There is an even more powerfull version  ....  6600-83
It is a conical bottom like above ... but the motor is about 1800w   640 airwatts
Lift is 152  cfm is 117  -    8.6 amps max

Not suitable for two vacs on one cord but this is the one i would put into the Airflex pro with a two cord conversion  .

Im told you can order any of the above from    j.brown@maltonplastics.com  
a supplier of sort in the UK for Electro i think ,  state the model number you want or you will both get confused .

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 10:28:37 pm »
Many thanks again John. Are the brushes on these changeable like the lambs?
Andrew

john martin

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 10:46:19 pm »
Many thanks again John. Are the brushes on these changeable like the lambs?

Yes indeed , same for brush changes .

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 10:53:40 pm »
Brilliant. Will email them tomorrow and get some prices and plan the project. Thanks again John, appreciate all the info.
Andrew