TomCrowther

which portable machine?
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:11:57 am »
Hi Guys, what equipment would you recommend for me to look at? After a period of indecision I have decided to make a go of carpet cleaning next year. {I have around 250 window cleaning customers, have already added power washing of drives/paths/patios and want to extend the range of services to include carpet cleaning.}
I looked at buying a small cc business recently but felt the owner was the only real asset, not his previous customers or equipment. I worked with him on a few jobs to get a feel for it and it may sound corny but there is a lot of satisfaction in it.
Cheers for any advice and Merry Christmas, Tom.

rushe

Re: which portable machine?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:46:38 am »
 I ALWAYS USED PROCHEM MACHINES AND CHEMICAL DAY IN DAY OUT WAS BOOKED BY LARGE CUSTOMERS FOR WEEKSAT A TIME ENDED UP ON DAY RATE OF £220.00 PER DAY AT A FIXED PLACE OF WORK. ALSO STARTED AS A WINDOW CLEANER AND THE CARPET CLEANING IS A WINNER TO ADD TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR USED EQUIPEMENT I HAVE A GREAT SET UP FOR REASONABLE COST AS I HAVE HAD TO RETRAIN FOR OTHER EMPLOYMENT DUE TO ILL HEALTH, REGARDLESS OF THAT I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK AND WOULD RECOMEND PROCHEM FOR PROFFESHIONAL APPEARANCE DURABILTY AND VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICES SHOULD YOU NEED ADVICE ON CHEMICAL USE TRAINING COURSES ARE VERY GOOD IVE DONE TWO,RUSHE

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:30:58 pm »
Thanks Rushie, what equipment have you got?

james roffey

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:33:45 pm »
I have the Airflex Turbo from Cleansmart a great machine great service too, dont underestimate the importance of a good supplier

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 02:58:44 pm »
Hi James, yes, the Storm and Turbo machines look very good. I was also looking at the Jaguar machine but the Storm seems to have a couple of advantages.

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 03:10:38 pm »
Hi James, yes, the Storm and Turbo machines look very good. I was also looking at the Jaguar machine but the Storm seems to have a couple of advantages.

What are these advantages?

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:21:43 pm »
I swore I'd never let my Alltec triple vac go, but I took the plunge on the Jag after hearing how brilliant it was. I've never looked back.

The thing that I like most about the Jaguar are the fact that the waste/solution tanks are translucent, so I can see how full/empty the machine is. Add to that the the shear power of the thing, and you've got a great piece of kit that its operators shout from the roof tops about.

I'm not going to slag the Storm off, I've never even used one, so who am I to judge? I can only recommend the Jaguar on the grounds that I own one, and it's the mutts.... :)

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 03:22:52 pm »
You will not find better service than from Cornwall.
Good machines and SPM is brilliant.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »
Hi Tom go with Colins (jag) or James (storm) machines because they are the latest machines. I have a Prochem Steempro but will be changing it in the new year for a jaguar. Nothing wrong with the steempro but machines have moved on.

(Richard & Tara)

steven Banks

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 06:01:42 pm »
I ALWAYS USED PROCHEM MACHINES AND CHEMICAL DAY IN DAY OUT WAS BOOKED BY LARGE CUSTOMERS FOR WEEKSAT A TIME ENDED UP ON DAY RATE OF £220.00 PER DAY AT A FIXED PLACE OF WORK. ALSO STARTED AS A WINDOW CLEANER AND THE CARPET CLEANING IS A WINNER TO ADD TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR USED EQUIPEMENT I HAVE A GREAT SET UP FOR REASONABLE COST AS I HAVE HAD TO RETRAIN FOR OTHER EMPLOYMENT DUE TO ILL HEALTH, REGARDLESS OF THAT I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK AND WOULD RECOMEND PROCHEM FOR PROFFESHIONAL APPEARANCE DURABILTY AND VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICES SHOULD YOU NEED ADVICE ON CHEMICAL USE TRAINING COURSES ARE VERY GOOD IVE DONE TWO,RUSHE

Just one big request on behalf of all on the forum, Please turn your caps off! It's generally perceived as "shouting"

Thanks.

rushe

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 05:31:38 pm »
hi genuinely perceived as shouting thanks for the lesson in IT i have been a bit busy doing manual labour to worry to much of typeset to be unoffensive  , used computers 40 years never heard that one , you learn something every day now wheres me chamois, oh faux leather these days, bit like cleaning windows with a bow tie on.ha.ha.

rushe

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 05:42:12 pm »
tom if you want i can email details just some old equipment i no longer use,stevesortitout@hotmail.com mine,rushie

Colin Day

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 06:02:02 pm »
Now, I'm annoyed!

yOu donN't usE caPitals iN thE riGht plaCeS, In facT, yOu don'T uSe thEm At alL... ;D ;D ;D

rushe

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 09:34:11 am »
sorry i wikied it and i am rite it is only perceived as shouting if words are used from lower to upper and it then is also acually even hard to read but i do agree it does seem quetier somehow. liked your typing by the way tricky to read