Tony Stewart

Re: My Poor Results
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 09:47:24 am »
Rob
Sorry it's 12 inches I got confused with another piece of equipment!
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

tony bish

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 11:28:58 am »
Tony I have fitted a lot of second hand carpets refitts,especially now people are tightening their belts , and what people dont realise which we always tell them before hand is carpets will always take the shape of the room they were in ie lumps bumps ,and they will have crushed pile were perhaps units beds etc were and this will not come out ,also you would be surprised how the sun bleaches carpets so consequently when you refitt them they look awfull with patches everywhere .A carpet will wear by a door or in a heavy walk area  so if you then fit it in a bedroom off a wall for instance it will look as if it is dirty which is in fact carpet wear.I could go on and on but wont bore the pants of you,but will reitterate that a second hand carpet will never go down or clean up like one that has been specifically laid from new for that house,unless of course it has only been down for a very short period and even then it would have problems imo .So dont beat yourself up about it ,and the cant polish a turd is very apt ,which I nearly fell of my chair laughing about ,need to remember that one. 

The Great One

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:58 pm »
Hi

Tony as stated it's wear and tear, where they have constantly walked around the bed wearing out a traffic lane as they went, see a lot of it.

The only way to get rid of it is to change your name to jesus and invoke a miracle.

Martin 8)

Helen

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 12:31:33 pm »
If the customer was happy then fine...... I am sure they did not expect miracles with a 20 year old carpet :)

Jim_77

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 03:43:15 pm »
Hi Tony, it must just be a trick of the light or the camera angle or something, it looks like a really wide wand track, much wider than 12 inches!!!

The sebo is a doddle to keep clean, you just have to turn upside down, switch it on and suck the crud off with the cuff of your vac hose. Takes about a minute at the end of a job

I have an iPhone4 too and I'll agree, the camera is bloody awful.  I still keep my old Sony Ericsson C905 in the van, its cybershot camera is as good as any small dedicated digital camera!  They're improving the camera on the iPhone5 apparently, still got 11 months of contract left so maybe treat myself next year to that!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 04:06:33 pm »
Hi Tony,
It sure looks like a synthetic to me. Having done everything that you have, I think you can say it is clean.
The part where the bed has been is obviously more like the original colour and the rest has 20 years of UV fading, which not only lghtens the original clour but can drastically alter. Our deep pile emerald green carpet is a prime example, at the patio door area it has changed to a blue like appearance.
Being synthetic also those darker areas around the bed area could contain lots of 'Sock Dust', minute sock fibres that become trapped in the pile, which the extraction cleaning will not remove. This is common with synthetics and although the carpet will be clean after working on it, darker shaded looking areas, especially in front of the sofa or around the bed will remain.
Upon close inspection you can see the darker sock fibres and using your finger nails should be able to scrape a few loose to confirm this condition.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 06:50:52 pm »
Tony

Training is good but hands on  ;)

If it’s any consolation I done the same type carpet (polyprop) last Friday with the porty (black Max) customer was so surprised I got the stain (her word or was it) out which another cc last year couldn’t. Understand he had pipes coming from the van methinks it’s one of the wannabe TM brigade ;D well I hope he was. ;) No tip  :'(

Before any one ask why didn’t I, the van was used by wife for the hay pickup

darker sock fibres also apply to wool carpets TV feet syndrome.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 05:27:49 pm »
Tony

You are a carpet cleaner, not a carpet magician.  You can make them clean but you can't remove the wear.  Yes, you might improve your technique/solutions but the customer was so happy he gave you a tip - you can't have done that bad a job.

Keep trying your best, keep trying to improve and you won't go far wrong.

Chris