Suffolkcleaners

Re: Best heater?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 09:43:37 pm »
My hose reel is fixed so no option to bring in. Silly question (shows how utterly clueless I am Lol) does my system have van ports? Got a reelmaster fixed(electric) and a 500 upright tank. Pure freedom fitted everything for me. All wired in etc

Van ports = fitted ports either under the rear bumper or fixed into the side of your van. Means you usually have to manually lift your reel from your van to plug in. Generally a pain in the arse.

Thanks for that deeege. I had no idea. Looks as though I don’t have fitted van ports then. So happy days. Only issue could ever be is if the hose reel freezes which from what another fellow member said doesn’t seem that likely unless we hit a winter ridiculously colder than 2010/11.

I’m still learning with all this hose reel stuff 😀

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 10:48:35 pm »
What do you have fixed reel then fed through roller bars in floor?
If it’s arctic weather I bring the reel indoors for the night . Even then your van ports could be frozen . Then it’s a 10oclock start waiting for the temp to go above 0!!

I dont understand why window cleaners have van ports.....this means you have to take the hose reel out of the van for every job in between your other jobs......what a waste of time and effort IMO....

The days of humping my gear in and out all the time during freezing nights are over too......👍🙂.......

No....i Ieave a van door open....no need to mess about with rollers through your van floor.....
price higher/work harder!

richard connett

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2020, 06:20:02 am »
I can’t do that , I’ve had my van ransacked a couple of times . Always lock it now
I would like to stop lugging the reels out though so I might seek another solution

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2020, 07:51:52 am »
I can’t do that , I’ve had my van ransacked a couple of times . Always lock it now
I would like to stop lugging the reels out though so I might seek another solution

What have they nicked?cant you lock the cab up with the rear van door open?
price higher/work harder!