Suffolkcleaners

Re: Run out of water
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 09:32:02 pm »
Is that you on your own going through 500ltrs?

Yes

To be honest ive been close quite a few times and had to use the emergency barrel... i used to have a 650 tank and ive nearly run out of that before, when ive worked 2 man in the past we once ran out of 900l lol although that was a long day and we made it just by tipping the tank sideways out of the side door to get the dregs.

I’m a little confused. How is 500 litres not enough for one man? I have  never run out on a full day. Do you have it on a really powerful flow? Pure freedom put in the controller etc which goes from  0-99 and I normally have it only on 30 for maintenance cleans. Occasionally for the fun of it I will Wack it to 99 last job of the day Lol

I can use 500L in 6 hours easily some days....do you wash doors down and sills with wfp too?

Yep I wash front and back doors plus all frames and sills. Probably had about 3 complaints in 6 years WFP (20 years before that trad-started in 1995)

I’m not sure exactly what PF have put into in my van but a flow Of 30 easily gets me through  a 6 hour day with at least a quarter of a tank left. Like I said though I am an extremely quick (albeit efficient) worker.

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 09:32:46 pm »

Yes

To be honest ive been close quite a few times and had to use the emergency barrel... i used to have a 650 tank and ive nearly run out of that before, when ive worked 2 man in the past we once ran out of 900l lol although that was a long day and we made it just by tipping the tank sideways out of the side door to get the dregs.

I’m a little confused. How is 500 litres not enough for one man? I have  never run out on a full day. Do you have it on a really powerful flow? Pure freedom put in the controller etc which goes from  0-99 and I normally have it only on 30 for maintenance cleans. Occasionally for the fun of it I will Wack it to 99 last job of the day Lol

I regularly use 650 litres a day.

Two of us use about 1200 I reckon. (We fill up again at lunch time.)

Flow set to 80, no messing around with little squirts of water. Why scrimp on something that’s basically free. 😁
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2020, 09:38:42 pm »

Yes

Flow set to 80, no messing around with little squirts of water. Why scrimp on something that’s basically free. 😁

No scrimping at all mate as per last message. I thought I used too much by using 3/4 of a tank lol. Good job I didn’t get a 350 litre tank.

It must just be me as it appears most easily use the 500 litres. The only thing I can honestly put it down to is my speed that I work. Pure water to glass on a maintenance clean really doesn’t take much rinsing and scrubbing in my opinion. I don’t get complaints so I can only go on my own experiences 😊

Simon Trapani

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2020, 09:46:01 pm »
Hard to compare flow rates by the number on the controller. Too many variables such as battery condition, how worn your pump(s) are, single or twin setup, hose bore & hose length etc. You'd have to measure by litres per minute.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2020, 09:52:22 pm »
Fair comment Simon. Perhaps as my system is almost brand new the flow is at its optimum even on a lower number? No idea genuinely.

Also another point I thought of is let’s all be honest.... how many 4 weekly maintenance cleans  do you do and you turn up and the windows are actually clean as clean? It might vary in different areas don’t get me wrong. If you have jobs near the sea or by main roads etc etc then it can make the windows much dirtier but a lot of my work I turn up to clean windows. I almost feel bad for cleaning them. However someone’s interpretation of what is clean may differ. That customer may notice the slightest bit of dust.

I am sometimes too honest for my own good  though as if I pick up a new job I quite often tell them 8 weekly is more than fine but a lot still opt for 4 weekly.

In my case thank god so many do as my income relies so much on it and if they are happy then I am happy 😃

zesty

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2020, 07:35:59 am »

Yes

Cor mate, you wanna live down here with a water tds of around 500.

Pure water is like gold here. Filters take a battering!

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2020, 07:47:36 am »
My tds is 021 at the moment straight out of my tap!

on topic i could take another 100L with me in 4 barrels giving me a total of 600L for the day but I very rarely do.....I'm much more likely to break out my squeegee for some ground floor work than take extra water if I'm working the odd long day....
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2020, 08:14:21 am »

Yes

Cor mate, you wanna live down here with a water tds of around 500.

Pure water is like gold here. Filters take a battering!

That is true actually. I’m a northerner and tds is great. 😁
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Simon Trapani

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2020, 08:24:13 am »
My tds is 021 at the moment straight out of my tap!

on topic i could take another 100L with me in 4 barrels giving me a total of 600L for the day but I very rarely do.....I'm much more likely to break out my squeegee for some ground floor work than take extra water if I'm working the odd long day....

Think I’d just go home if I emptied my 650. Not to refill though. I’d just stay there. ;D

jk999

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2020, 05:29:13 pm »
How comes you get 021 out of the tap in my area its over 300

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2020, 05:54:05 pm »
How comes you get 021 out of the tap in my area its over 300

its always been low....it varies and sometimes its as high as  032.....its been like that for over 10 years since i switched to WFP.....once it went up to 122 one summer but that was only for a few weeks.....its never got to them heady heights since......

jk999

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2020, 07:11:05 pm »
So do you still filter your water

swanson

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2020, 08:08:28 am »
I’ve got a double Di set up in my van.
I can fill up when I want .

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2020, 09:13:27 am »
So do you still filter your water

Of course....why wouldnt I?

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2020, 09:14:56 am »
I’ve got a double Di set up in my van.
I can fill up when I want .

I could do that but where I work the tap tds is 270-300!no thanks!

Dry Clean

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2020, 10:25:03 am »

Yes

No scrimping at all mate as per last message. I thought I used too much by using 3/4 of a tank lol. Good job I didn’t get a 350 litre tank.

It must just be me as it appears most easily use the 500 litres. The only thing I can honestly put it down to is my speed that I work. Pure water to glass on a maintenance clean really doesn’t take much rinsing and scrubbing in my opinion. I don’t get complaints so I can only go on my own experiences 😊

Exactly, even with a good Shurflo pump and a new battery you would be lucky to get two litres a minute at the brush head, that would mean these guys are spending at least 300 minutes/5 hours a day scrubbing and rinsing glass, they are either wasting water between windows or are way too slow.