Neil_A

Buying a round
« on: June 26, 2007, 03:46:13 pm »
In a month or so i am buying a round...  And i have never done this b4, i have allways got my own customers.

The guy im buying it off is old... ha, when i say old his in his late 60's...  so i cant see him being the type to try and parming me off!

Once we have gone through his books and everything im going to hand the cash to him, then we will drive down every road of that round that he is selling me... he said i can nock on any doors i wish to and he will speak to the customer with me and let them know im taking over his round!

Is there anything else any of you guys can think of i should do b4 i buy the round?

thanks

Neil
GRADE 'A'

pylofm

Re: Buying a round
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:09:51 pm »
Neil_A...the guy sounds nice and all that...check everything..too late after the fact...knock on every door, speak to every customer...Then YOU are sure and then hand him the cash.

Business is business....leave friendship/chummyness for your social life...

Good luck with the new work.

Cheers
Dave (been had in the past!)

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:15:15 pm »
Try a few days working with him, then you can get to know how the work is priced . If he is old then the prices could not have been put up for a few years and you could end up with lots of low priced work.

matt

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:19:24 pm »
Try a few days working with him, then you can get to know how the work is priced . If he is old then the prices could not have been put up for a few years and you could end up with lots of low priced work.

good advice, i allways work the round once with the guy im buying off

AND

its allways a good way to meet the customers, he will tell you the little tricks he knows

AND

you will have earnt half the money from the round and he can take that off the bill ;)

i

Pureandclean

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 05:26:16 pm »
Ask him to train you for a month, as you need some tips from an experienced window cleaner.
 That way you will be introduced to every customer, and he can point out any problem areas or customers.

Blessings,

Graeme

Neil_A

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:33:18 pm »
Thanks guys.. some usefull tips there i will keep them in mind. 8)

I do allready know he has bits and bobs here and there that are low priced... he said he has only put the work up like 20p a year :o

But the plus side is that the work is in a area that i have no customers...  so i think its a great way to get known around there!

GRADE 'A'

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 05:40:57 pm »

good advice, i allways work the round once with the guy im buying off

AND

its allways a good way to meet the customers, he will tell you the little tricks he knows

AND

you will have earnt half the money from the round and he can take that off the bill ;)

i

Or maybe he can add it to the bill as he's helped you get started on the round   ;D