UK General Cleaning Forum > General Cleaning Forum

Pressure washing van setup

<< < (3/7) > >>

Splash & dash:

--- Quote from: Mike Halliday on May 29, 2019, 06:23:06 am ---You need to buy a van mount drain jetter, not be making your own set up. Some nice units appear on EBay.

Put it in a big van,  I use a LWB high roof sprinter  but it’s big and has the turning circle of a cruise ship. I think it will carry 2.5tonnes.

--- End quote ---

If you have a sprinter van with 2.5 ton payload it must be a 4 or 5 ton van , I was looking at sprinters and on a 3500 kg van the maximum payload is around 1200 kg most models it’s around 900 kg this is why I bought master vans as the payload on the ones we have is 1620 kg , I hate the renaults with a passion but it was the only decent sized van with a payload that would do what we need

Mike Halliday:
Splash, you’re right I was thinking about the towing  capacity

Here’s my van, it’s messy as I just snapped a couple of shots on the job just now. I like the length as I can fit a full set of ladders inside 

Tom-01:
Thanks Mike, looks good 👍

I was wondering about access through the side door or not.

What did you think of the systems I linked to earlier! ☝🏼

Thanks
Tom

Mike Halliday:
The brain Nixon jetter is a good unit but a bit too powerful for general domestic  power-washing

Rutland pumps is ok but do you want to spend so much money.

This looks a good buy, can’t see the engine but it looks like a water cooled diesel, low hours and hot

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INDUSTRIAL-STEAM-PRESSURE-WASHER-HOT-WATER-CLEANER/113644957592?hash=item1a75c46f98:g:lcIAAOSwTIlcZ7pZ

Have you thought about using a trailer?

Tom-01:

--- Quote from: Mike Halliday on May 30, 2019, 07:27:08 am ---The brain Nixon jetter is a good unit but a bit too powerful for general domestic  power-washing

Rutland pumps is ok but do you want to spend so much money.

This looks a good buy, can’t see the engine but it looks like a water cooled diesel, low hours and hot

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INDUSTRIAL-STEAM-PRESSURE-WASHER-HOT-WATER-CLEANER/113644957592?hash=item1a75c46f98:g:lcIAAOSwTIlcZ7pZ

Have you thought about using a trailer?

--- End quote ---

Thanks Mike, perhaps it is a bit too powerful. It would be ideal with a GX390 I reckon.

I have thought about a trailer, so I could have a window cleaning van, and the PW setup separately. However, I think I would get annoyed quite quickly with a trailer and would end up having to change it all.

We have a lot of window cleaning customers, and we also do quite a few big jobs throughout the year: gutter clearing, pressure washing,  soft washing - so the van would be for these jobs and more of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version