absolutecleaning

PC cleaning
« on: September 23, 2009, 03:35:33 pm »
I was just making a sales call regarding something else and the prospect mentioned this to me.

Does anyone do it and what does it entail?

Cheers

Simon

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

Re: PC cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:06:14 pm »
I was just making a sales call regarding something else and the prospect mentioned this to me.

Does anyone do it and what does it entail?

Cheers

Simon

Hi we do computer cleaning, this work entails cleaning between the keys of the keyboard in some cases taking them out and putting them back one key at a time to make sure they go back in right place, cleaning the wires, mouse and taking the ball out swab inside and clean the ball, clean the tower out side and vac all the dust from the air vent at the back, clean the monitor with correct cloth, this is a basic clean or a full clean is take the tower apart and clean all the dust from in side using soft brush and air vac

depending on how many they require cleaning then you give a quote. ie 1 we charge £25

200 we would charge about £2.66 per station

Because of swine flu and other germs we have seen an increase of business in this area

absolutecleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 09:21:39 pm »
Thanks Applemaid - so assuming you werent taking it to bits you'd use a combination of cloths and maybe brushes to get between the keys I take it?

Whats the best type of product to use.

Thanks again

Simon

darrenk

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:54:05 pm »
Hi Simon
we have tried to market this down in Ashford but did not get a good response but here is a link if you need to order cleaning stuff for this type of work but remeber to allways use an earth strap when working on a PC as if you just get stuck in you may cause some damedge :o !! if you contact them at pc valet they are  very helpfull .

Regards
darren
AOC

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:43 pm »
Hi

You would require and air duster, deatil soft brush, hoover with soft end or mini vac, swabs and wipes for the keys and mouse, monitor wipes or if it is lcd screen /plasma then you would require clean safe pad. you can find all at www.mrpcclean.co.uk  we get our stuff from here.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 09:59:37 pm »
Hi Simon
we have tried to market this down in Ashford but did not get a good response but here is a link if you need to order cleaning stuff for this type of work but remeber to allways use an earth strap when working on a PC as if you just get stuck in you may cause some damedge :o !! if you contact them at pc valet they are  very helpfull .

Regards
darren
AOC

Good way to market IT, if you agree is use things like SWINE FLU & EMPLOYEES BLAME COLDS ON COMPUTER SHARING, also what has worked for us is EMPLOYEES MAY SUE EMPLOYERS IF THEY CATCH SWINE FLU IN THE WORK PLACE  ;D ;D

darrenk

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:17:04 pm »
Hi
i think we will have another go at it as we are into general cleaning now , the swine flu is very good way as the winter is comming and trying to reduce time off sick would help !!! do you do anything with the comms room as i have heard this is a very good side to try to get into also??

regards
darren

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:43 pm »
Hi
i think we will have another go at it as we are into general cleaning now , the swine flu is very good way as the winter is comming and trying to reduce time off sick would help !!! do you do anything with the comms room as i have heard this is a very good side to try to get into also??

regards
darren

We have done a bit like server rooms, requires a good clean removal of debris cleaning of all the sub floor surface area moving floor panels etc, clean all glass fronts, must be contanminate free using anti static solution, its a good line of work.

Adam P

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 12:38:44 am »
wow sounds interesting to do pc cleaning and very cheap to start up so no real lose if it doesn't take off.

think i'll be going round friends cleaning out their's for a little practice :)

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 12:58:38 am »
wow sounds interesting to do pc cleaning and very cheap to start up so no real lose if it doesn't take off.

think i'll be going round friends cleaning out their's for a little practice :)

it is, do a quote then buy your stuff, simples  ;D ;D

did one last week 217 comps, quoted 2.66 per work station as we dont just clean the comp we clean around it and sanitise the air, and £500 for server room

Another good one to get into is tills and belts at super markets!!!

absolutecleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 05:45:41 am »
2.66 per work station

How long does it takes to do each one then roughly - to be anywhere near our rate for one off cleaning it would need to be around 10 an hour ???

Cheers

Simon

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 01:11:41 pm »
2.66 per work station

How long does it takes to do each one then roughly - to be anywhere near our rate for one off cleaning it would need to be around 10 an hour ???

Cheers

Simon

£2.66 is based on 200+, about 15 mins per station so 4 an hour per staff member. (to do a good job)

We work in 2's and taken us 2 days, but as we now work 24 hours we can do it over night.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 01:13:37 pm »
2.66 per work station

Cheers

Simon

This service should be every 6 months or every 3 if they want it, some require every 12, so it should not be a one off  ;D ;D

vacman

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 03:20:16 pm »
Applemaid, so are you saying this work brings you in a reward of just over £10 per hour ? sounds like not a lot for the amount of work involved?  I would have thought the usual domestic and commercial work would have paid more?

Adam P

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 03:34:30 pm »
yeah i'm a little confused too, at £25 per machine, then £2.66 per machine thats a hell of a lot difference in price and profit. i'd thought pc cleaning would bring in at leastr £25 per hour given that it is not that common???

Fox

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 08:54:46 am »
We charge 5.5 for each unit comprising of keyboard (don't take the keys off) mouse, wires (where accessible) monitor and base unit (outside only).

It takes 10-15 mins per unit depending on how long between cleans and where situated. we also offer keyboard only and telephone cleaning.

It is extremly important to know what you are doing, this is expensive equipment sometimes with thousands of pounds worth of software on and alot of work.  Use the correct chemicals and equipment and ensure you are fully insured for this type of work.

Fox

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 12:50:59 pm »
£25 is for 1 to 10, you are not going to charge £25 per unit if you have 200+ to clean

if we had say 30 to clean then it would be £15 per unit

this is one person taking on so many and if you have an employee trained to do it then he/she can take some on. Regular work you dont need to rip them off.

This is like FOX said, monitors, wires, mouse, we clean around the desk and sanities the air in our service.

Commercial, like server rooms, then you would be charging some money.

We have done this 14 years and moved on to work stations.

And for the record we have 3 chaps working at the same time so based on 200 £2.66 per work station this brings in £31.92 per hour  ;D   £9.92 profit per hour  ;D

vacman

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »
Sorry, i am still not getting where the figure £2.66 comes from or what it's for?  ???

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 01:04:34 pm »
Sorry, i am still not getting where the figure £2.66 comes from or what it's for?  ???

Basically a reduced offer, if you charge £25 for 200 £5,000 they aint going to pay that every 6 months

So you reduce the rate the more units get, our minimum is £2.66 was 3.66 but found a lot will not pay that rate around our areas. so for 200 we charge 2.66 per pc =£532  ;D

Might sound silly to reduce, but if you have a team to do it then it works out just right lol

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 01:22:02 pm »
also if they want phones / head sets included then it is £3.00 per unit for 200+

vacman

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 01:25:33 pm »
i guess you must be paying the cleaners about £6.50 per hour then?

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 01:30:46 pm »
i guess you must be paying the cleaners about £6.50 per hour then?

£7.00 vacman

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 02:12:17 pm »
£25 is for 1 to 10, you are not going to charge £25 per unit if you have 200+ to clean

if we had say 30 to clean then it would be £15 per unit

this is one person taking on so many and if you have an employee trained to do it then he/she can take some on. Regular work you dont need to rip them off.

This is like FOX said, monitors, wires, mouse, we clean around the desk and sanities the air in our service.

Commercial, like server rooms, then you would be charging some money.

We have done this 14 years and moved on to work stations.

And for the record we have 3 chaps working at the same time so based on 200 £2.66 per work station this brings in £31.92 per hour  ;D   £9.92 profit per hour  ;D

(this is £9.92 after products by the way),  wages £21ph based on 3 chaps, £10.92 left over and we buy and sell products so our product cost for comp valeting is £1ph  50 man hours to clean 200 comps so per clean turnover £532 profit per clean £132

we have 22 clients at the min so works out well