Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Best time, effort & money saving tips
« Last post by robbo333 on April 28, 2024, 05:46:53 pm »
Bin off your crap jobs!
I think we've probably all got a job (or 10) that we just hate doing, for whatever reason!
Usually we keep them because the customers are really nice (but the job is an absolute nightmare) or it's in the middle of a row that we do...etc, etc, etc.
Put the price up to match the job or bin it off.
It may not speed up your day, or make you quicker, but mental health plays a big part in our game and if you're happy, you work better and more efficiently.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Nano trolley controller
« Last post by Billy clarke on April 28, 2024, 05:08:58 pm »
Let you know tomorrow. 👍
« Last post by Spruce on April 28, 2024, 03:42:38 pm »
Thanks for the advice . I could mess about with the pressure switch . And probably get working in the morning.i think I will just get yo my local shop for 9 in the morning. Get him to change it as well . 2 hours down time . If spruce thinks it’s the controller . Then controller it is . 👍

No pressure then.  ;D

If it's not the battery or the pump, it has to be the controller.  Over the years, we have had a few issues with female stop hose connectors. Even with a male connector push fully inside, the stop valve was fully releasing. I won't use them now. But if you have bypassed the controller and water is following freely through to hose and out the brush head, then it has to be the only thing left; the controller.
If you remember connecting the battery up incorrectly, even if just for a split second, then the old Spring V11 controllers will be damaged. It may not fail immediately but will shortly down the line.
« Last post by Billy clarke on April 28, 2024, 02:08:46 pm »
Thanks for the advice . I could mess about with the pressure switch . And probably get working in the morning.i think I will just get yo my local shop for 9 in the morning. Get him to change it as well . 2 hours down time . If spruce thinks it’s the controller . Then controller it is . 👍
« Last post by M & C Window Cleaning on April 28, 2024, 01:40:35 pm »
If the pressure switch was only disconnected so the pump could be used with a digital controller you could always reconnect it temporarily until you get your new controller.
Just disconnect the positive wire from the motor and connect it to one side of the Pressure switch and connect the other side of the pressure switch to the now free terminal on the motor with another piece of wire of the same size. If you have an old piece of 13amp cable spare you can pull out a 12" length and use that. You will need a couple of female spade terminals to fix to the cable.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Pressure vessel gasket idea
« Last post by Simon Trapani on April 28, 2024, 12:11:14 pm »
Lube is always good!😁
« Last post by ֍Winp®oClean֍ on April 28, 2024, 11:47:29 am »
A tip for everyone, for any or all rubber O rings. Lube them with 'silicone' grease, this particular grease does not affect the rubber compound but lubrucates it, aiding it's efficiency and increasing it's longevity. 👍
https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/regin-silicone-grease-50g/

This is the stuff also used to lubricate Univalves.
« Last post by tonyoliver on April 28, 2024, 11:10:17 am »
Rubber o ring  even
Window Cleaning Forum / Pressure vessel gasket idea
« Last post by tonyoliver on April 28, 2024, 11:09:02 am »
My di pressure vessel has sprung a leak no idea why the o ring seems to compress and go out of shape allowing water to escape
Was thinking that could I use a gasket  rather than the o ring  have loads of motorcycle gaskets to try  they hold water fuel and  hot exhaust gasses why not our systems or am I over thinking it and pay £5 for a new irony plus postage ?
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Go on a water meter
« Last post by Splash and dash on April 28, 2024, 11:08:09 am »
Hi,

For those of you with a water meter.

Would you be kind enough to give me a rough idea on what sort of price I can expect to pay annually for my 300,000 litres (pure/waste) of window cleaning water?

I'm in the south east, and I've tried to work it out, but I don't trust my calculations.

Nick

300,000 litres is 300 cubic metres. Roughly £3.50 or so per cubic metre depending on where you are so about £1,000

But...

Pop a meter of you own on there, let the water company know you've done it and give them your reading every time they send you a bill and they'll not charge you the sewerage part of the bill, typically about 2/3 of the bill, dropping you down to closer to £350 or so.

You may need to hassle them to recognise what you're doing, so do it all in writing and keep copies. You'll get there if you persist.

Vin

So, am I right in assuming that as I am on a septic tank I won't be paying the for the water going into the drainage system?

Nick

I would assume you are paying for the water only , have a look on your water bill it will tell you on there what the charges are mine shows a water charge and a sewage charge
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10