lst class cleaning

How to stop black floor tiles dryin g white
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »
Does anybody no how to stop black floor tiles from drying white, is their anything which can be rubbed into the tile to darken it down.

thanks

Jim

terrazzoman

Re: How to stop black floor tiles dryin g white
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:42:15 pm »
what type of tiles are you trying to clean ?

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 11:28:01 pm »
Boot polish  ;D

MJMR

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:27:45 pm »
And what chemical are you using to clean them? a lot of solutions dry white if not rinsed / neutralised propperly.
Matt

lst class cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 02:15:16 pm »
Hi matt, these tiles are a non slip 3 ft by 3 ft slatey type, it's a builders clean so the tiles are new but alot of dust in the building, i used a pine gel which i no usually darkens vinyl flooring but still drying white.

cheers

Jim
1st Class Cleaning

terrazzoman

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:10:26 pm »
have the tiles been sealed when they were laid

MJMR

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 08:56:33 am »
Have you just mopped them? or scrubbed them? And like terrazzoman asks were they sealed when laid? Most floor manufacturers have their own preference of solutions to be used on their floors and you can get their care kits (Amtico) etc. So if you can find out the manufacturer that would help. If the customer doesnt want a seal then have you may have to try a spray burnish with floor maintainer after a light scrub. If you need any further info email me at matt@mjmr.co.uk  Im only too happy to help

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 11:42:30 pm »
Hi matt, these tiles are a non slip 3 ft by 3 ft slatey type, it's a builders clean so the tiles are new but alot of dust in the building, i used a pine gel which i no usually darkens vinyl flooring but still drying white.

cheers

Jim
1st Class Cleaning
  Hi Jim i reckon if its a builders clean then possibly the white residue thats not coming off after your cleaning is grout residue, we can provide you with a safe to use cement and mortar residue remover, dilute it 5-1 and spray on to slate tile then use a damp microcleaning mop pad to deep clean the tiles guaranteed this will remove all the residue, finish off with slightly damp waffle microfiber floor cloths to achieve a perfect streak free finish. if i can be of any further assistance Jim email   info@jskcleaning.ie

Kind regards

Tadgh

Laura Grundy

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 09:57:25 pm »
Spray Mr Muscle/Windolene /vinegar on tiles and buff with a microfibre cloth. Time consuming but looks fab.

B Bailey

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 02:53:34 pm »
If its a builders clean, it will be dust. you should have vacuumed the floors before washing.
But what you need to do now is keep rinsing and use a brushhead on your rotary, then wetvac it up.
you may need to do this a couple of times.

John Kelly

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 09:50:36 pm »
Pine gel is one of the worst products to clean hard floors with. Leaves too much of a residue.