MAX Carpets

Re: One off Cleans - Set price or hourly rate
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 04:40:08 pm »
It would be interesting to see  price list for general cleaing. My interest in this is that we are Carpet & Upholstery cleaners, but have been offered a few cleaning contracts. Not sure I need or want the hassle, but if there is money in it, why not. A price list would be very helpful. Please sent to maxcarpets@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

J

Tony ye

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 12:11:32 pm »
Clean master,

If you are paying them £6.50 then your true actual cost will be closer to £8.50.

You need to allow for your NI contribution and holiday pay.  There are other overheads including vehicles, fuel, uniform, advertising, equipment (vacuums, brushes, etc)

You're probably still making a reasonable profit, just not as much as you think you are!

As a general rule we will work on 40% profit on jobs like this, our minimum hourly rate is £20 + vat, however we have a created a spreadsheet where we load in number of rooms, bedrooms, stairs, windows, doors, kitchen, bathrooms, etc etc and it gives us a magical figure for what the price is.  It's not an exact science but it gives us a good feel, we use the same type of calculations for build cleans.

Hi, as im new here, but will be very helpful is someone could send me a spreadsheet as well, many thx. email address: ecowashuk@gmail.com

Seani B

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 08:41:19 pm »

deborah waters

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 12:44:04 pm »
Clean master,

If you are paying them £6.50 then your true actual cost will be closer to £8.50.

You need to allow for your NI contribution and holiday pay.  There are other overheads including vehicles, fuel, uniform, advertising, equipment (vacuums, brushes, etc)

You're probably still making a reasonable profit, just not as much as you think you are!
hi ian would we be able to get a version of your pricing spreadsheet please?
debbie.
As a general rule we will work on 40% profit on jobs like this, our minimum hourly rate is £20 + vat, however we have a created a spreadsheet where we load in number of rooms, bedrooms, stairs, windows, doors, kitchen, bathrooms, etc etc and it gives us a magical figure for what the price is.  It's not an exact science but it gives us a good feel, we use the same type of calculations for build cleans.
Debs:-)

Dave Graham

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 07:14:44 pm »
Does anyone really think someone is going to send this spreadsheet?  The guy must have worked hard and made mistakes to get to this point - why would he give away his prices to his potential competition???? ???  ;)

Phild

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 09:54:53 pm »
Mon Dieux!

This is not rocket science. You are selling time.

It's pointless getting someone else's spreadsheet with their figures / costs in when you perhaps live in ....... London and have congestion charges, higher parking fees, more difficulty placing skips - licenses, whatever whereas Ian R. lives in Gods country where mileages are probably more important to him.

Use a standard costing sheet so you list what you think the job is going to cost you. When you have done the job, do the 'actual' so you can see where you scored / lost in the various expenses you built in, then keep a track of the individual types of jobs. Within a few months you will have worked out a standard ball park hourly rate you must charge for a variety of different jobs of the type you regularly do, based on YOUR facts.

This way you can 'eye-ball' jobs and get a good idea of their worth immediately and are able to give accurate verbal quotes so you can either win the job immediately or gauge the customer reaction.

The mistake most smaller businesses make is to not cost their own time and effort. There is a programme on the TV each Tuesday at 20.00 where one of the Fortes - a family member from a hotel chain started by an Italian immigrant who built a mega business visits a small business in trouble - watch it. It's based on an earlier programme called the Troubleshooter from yonks ago and it is still so relevant for anyone running a small family or 'mom and pop' family business.

If anyone wants a one-off job costing sheet e-mail shaun.causer@newlifecleaning.com Give me a day or so and I will add notes for each line of the spreadsheet so YOU can add your own costs but more importantly know why.

If anyone can walk the talk and come back to me in 6 months with a pile of costing sheets PLUS their actuals and tell me they have learned something (for free Graham from Pest-Pro 'cos that's what the forum is about!) I will donate one hundred quid to the eye savers charity.

I would also remind everyone in this thread that there is probably already stuff like this in the previous questions / forms bit of the forum.

When you really get into costing properly and have a labour force you have to keep employed thats when it gets interesting as its like being a market trader. Again you are selling hours not bananas but you don't want to be left with stock you are paying for at the end of the day, so your prices need to go up and down accordingly. Better to have your costs covered and no profit than paying for staff to sit on their ar*se* and not be doing paid work but that's for another thread ;-)

Call my bluff?

Phil D

J.Will

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 12:34:47 am »
I recently got asked to do a one off clean (this was before I was setup properly, by someone who knew I was going to startup a domestic cleaning firm) anways, I didn't really want the job at that time as I was still working full time nights, but I also didn't want to appear disinterested, so I quoted £160 for the entire job, thinking there was no way I' get it.

I was taken aback when I was given that job, but the people around me thought it was fair price, the lesson I learnt there was that I need to value the job I do, and the care I take doing that job. Anyway a slight digression, on a one off clean surely its better to quote by the day as it is bound to be a job that could take a while.

Still learning all this business stuff, but must admit its fun & exciting working for myself.
J. Will

Splash 4 Cash

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2012, 02:01:41 pm »
I would be grateful to receive a spreadsheet as well.
jaggerrichard@rocketmail.com
 I will not pass it on.

Jon Hutchings

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:39 am »
Hi,
Would it be possible to send me your spreadsheet to help me with costings. I would be most great-full.
lukehutchings@computer4u.com

Thanks,
Jon

Clean master,