suffolkclean

One off Cleans - Set price or hourly rate
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:45:27 pm »
We've been doing one off cleans / end of tenancy cleans for £12.50 per hour including materials, working really hard for little profit. If I see the property before hand I think ohh it dosn't need much doing to it and feel I could'nt charge for the size of property - although I want to!

What response do you get when you quote price for size of property against an hourly rate? PLEASE HELP

Steve Chapman

Re: One off Cleans - Set price or hourly rate
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 12:49:57 pm »
Hi there,

if you fill in your profiley ou may get more help, i.e. area, name etc

regards
steve

suffolkclean

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:28:58 pm »
We're in Suffolk and we offer various cleaning  - windows, carpets & upholstery, regular domestic and one off cleans.

Hope this helps

KLEEN-ZONE

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:49:25 pm »
Don't give the customer an hourly rate , charge for the job . £12.50 is far too low, remember your in business and need to make a profit, consider your costs , travel , materials , insurance etc. A bit of number crunching and you can work out what you should charge
We have some reoccurring cleans every two months and they work out around £30 + per hour.

suffolkclean

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 05:51:47 pm »
Thanks for that would you beable to share some of the prices you charge with me ?!

I've just quoted for a 2 bed terrace one off clean £150 general cleaning, £27.50 for oven, £20 internal & external windows & £130 for all carpets - What do you think??

Steve Chapman

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
Thats more or less what we would charge, to do one off cleans right there is alot of work involved so you have to charge for it!

we always charge for the whole job but give a break down of individual costs so the customer knows what they are getting for there money, also remember you have to add in cost of materials etc, its not just labour costs!

I think most would like to know what the cost is as a whole rather than per hour, and its not so easy to estimate how long a job can take, so cant give them a realist time length or estimated charge

steve

CLEAN-MASTER

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:10:42 pm »
That's alot more than we charge. I've just quoted for a 2 bed terrace this evening, complete clean including inside windows & carpets, £175 + VAT. I know that doesn't sound alot but I'm happy with the profit we make, I'll send 2 cleaners for 5 hours, it'll cost me £65 for labour & £10 for materials, that leaves £100. As a result of making less per clean we are always busy, taking on new customers & expanding.

suffolkclean

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 02:49:10 pm »
Clean-master - Hi, is it a total of 5 hrs cleaning or 5 hrs for each to make 10 hrs, do you get them to clean the carpets too?, can't see how where the carpet cleaning cost is worked into that.

CLEAN-MASTER

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 04:46:04 pm »
The cleaning will be done by 2 cleaners for 5 hours each ( = 10 hours total ), they are paid £6.50/hour = £65. The carpet cleaning is coming out of this time, otherwise they would clean for 4 hours each, hope that makes sense!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 10:04:56 pm »
Clean master,

If you are paying them £6.50 then your true actual cost will be closer to £8.50.

You need to allow for your NI contribution and holiday pay.  There are other overheads including vehicles, fuel, uniform, advertising, equipment (vacuums, brushes, etc)

You're probably still making a reasonable profit, just not as much as you think you are!

As a general rule we will work on 40% profit on jobs like this, our minimum hourly rate is £20 + vat, however we have a created a spreadsheet where we load in number of rooms, bedrooms, stairs, windows, doors, kitchen, bathrooms, etc etc and it gives us a magical figure for what the price is.  It's not an exact science but it gives us a good feel, we use the same type of calculations for build cleans.

myvanwi

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:10:06 pm »
Clean master,

If you are paying them £6.50 then your true actual cost will be closer to £8.50.

You need to allow for your NI contribution and holiday pay.  There are other overheads including vehicles, fuel, uniform, advertising, equipment (vacuums, brushes, etc)

You're probably still making a reasonable profit, just not as much as you think you are!

As a general rule we will work on 40% profit on jobs like this, our minimum hourly rate is £20 + vat, however we have a created a spreadsheet where we load in number of rooms, bedrooms, stairs, windows, doors, kitchen, bathrooms, etc etc and it gives us a magical figure for what the price is.  It's not an exact science but it gives us a good feel, we use the same type of calculations for build cleans.

Your hourly rate and profit margin sounds ideal. I know we charge too little resulting in too low profit margin. Would you mind sending me the spreadsheet so that we can copy your method. Thanks

suffolkclean

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 01:22:42 pm »
Hi Lionhart
Would you mind emailing me your spreadsheet sounds like a great idea

babsglitzybitz@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

myvanwi

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 09:42:13 pm »
email address for spreadsheet   houseproudcleaning@btinternet.com

rosasilveira

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 10:54:34 pm »
Hi. Can you send me your spreadsheet.? i still find difficulty to charge my customers.
my email is crystalclearcc@msn.com

jana08

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 12:44:28 pm »
HI
Please could you send me a copy of the spreadsheet also.

Thank you

brighterclean@live.com

Lets Clean

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 06:58:06 pm »
I have been advised to charge per job, not by the hour.  Except for domestic cleaning then it is an hourly rate.  Any templates, spreadsheets etc would be good for me to look at as new to all this, excpet being a slave housekkeper for a while and managress for Scubbers in London.  Does the franchise Scrubbers still exist?  I worked for them around 10 years ago.

Mogs
Clean property is a let property.

Pat_ricia

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 01:07:35 pm »
Hi I have just found out about Cleanitup. Could Lionheart please send me a copy of your spreadsheet.
pandaservices@blueyonder.co.uk. Thank you

Bizzie Lizzie

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 09:20:50 pm »
Hi I would be really grateful of receiving a copy please - I have requested copies on a few occasions but have never received any so if anyone else reads this and you have a copy I would be really grateful for one.  Many thanks
Bizzie Lizzie

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 10:22:15 am »
Hi
I would be interested in looking at your spreadsheet. Could you please email a copy to karl@cleantechcleaning.co.uk. I have a similar one for office cleaning if your interested.

Karl

tacky

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 09:55:49 pm »
n one for me thanks .retallir@aol.com  ( richards window clean ing service )