SarahJC

Per hour or per Job? Thoughts?
« on: November 27, 2013, 03:01:12 pm »
Hi I just wondered, those of you who offer Domestic cleaning which works best for you? A price per hour or per job, one of my customers wants her whole house cleaned for a fixed fee which is fine, as the time it takes me to do everything is round about my hourly rate, (though every clean something else gets added to the list.. so I need to keep my eye on that!)
Does anyone fix a price then give a list of exactly what will be done to avoid any ambiguity? At the moment its just me and my friend who invoices me for hours worked, however I will need to take someone on in the New Year and (as I recently asked advice on) I will be paying them ( a living wage not minimum) for all the hours we are out including travel time so I need to claw back some costs somewhere.
I do not want to cut back on service not give anyone the feeling that they are being short changed timewise if we are going like the clappers to get a quality clean.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Also I do a lot of End of Tenancy work, do most of you work on a fixed fee basis for estate agent properties and do you have a clause if something is in particularly bad shape?
S

SarahJC

Re: Per hour or per Job? Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 03:02:37 pm »
Apologies I have just noticed a similar post below!