Richelle

Help with recruitment
« on: August 26, 2013, 10:13:57 pm »
Hi everyone,

Although I have been a member for a few months, this is my first posting. 

I am a new start up residential cleaning business, everything has been going well, so well infact I am looking at employing a member of staff to help with all the hours.  I have been putting adverts for cleaners on websites like gumtree and at the job centre and while they have been live for months, there have been very, very little responses (only 3 - on gumtree and none from the job centre).  Does everyone struggle or is it the time of year or something?

I would like to know where other members have had the best results for recruiting staff.

shelie

Re: Help with recruitment
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:08:24 pm »
Hi I am also a newbie at this, and have just taken my first employee on to help with the hrs, i advertised on gum tree only and have been swamped with replies, its been really difficult to narrow applicants down. 

Im having problems with creating forms/contracts etc, iv about finished a 0hrs employment contract but am un sure about if i need to supply employee hand books etc as these are extremely complex and run into many pages, can i operate without one?

help on this issue is much appreciated.

shelie

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »
Hi I am also a newbie at this, and have just taken my first employee on to help with the hrs, i advertised on gum tree only and have been swamped with replies, its been really difficult to narrow applicants down. 

Im having problems with creating forms/contracts etc, iv about finished a 0hrs employment contract but am un sure about if i need to supply employee hand books etc as these are extremely complex and run into many pages, can i operate without one?

help on this issue is much appreciated.

shelie

NEVER employ staff without a staff handbook as if anything went wrong then the courts have a easy issue plus easy to remind staff on working

Lucky when I started I am part of a Network who helped me create all these booklet.   You will find stuff like these via FSB, Business Gateway or even HR websites will offer you them or speak to a HR expert.

I used JobCentre and got help from JobCentre in recruitment and interviews plus they offered free services on writiting contracts and HR related stuff.

pat timmins

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:21 pm »
Hi Richell ,we t
o have had similar problems trying to recruite staff and have used both the local daily papers and job centre posts as well as other advertising  means and have failed to attract  much attention .