Kenny83

IBC Baffling/ instalation??? And hello...
« on: February 21, 2011, 08:40:23 pm »
Hi, 1 st of all I'd just like to introduce myself as I'm relatively new here, I'm Lee, I started doing pressure washing part time mainly in the Wigan area last year, after being pleasantly suprised at how well I did last year after running a 5.5 hp honda kew out the back of a renault kangoo in my spare time I have decided to step it up a gear...
I have invested in a 13hp honda gerni, and a honda gd411 deisel with interpump/gearbox/ all the bells and whistles... lol.
Anyway, last year using my 5.5hp honda I discovered that some taps didn't have the pressure/flow to power my machine, so basically I've no chance with these two new washers as 1 of them runs at 20 ltrs per minute! Hence the need for an IBC / tank, I have got rid of my kangoo and bought myself a transit, although it is a transit 80 and there fore only carries 800kg? so iI would be correct in getting a 600 ltr IBC as opposed to a 650 baffled tank for the extra 50kg?
I have bought the tanks but was wondering if anyone has ever used 1 and if so did it need to be baffled? If so how was this done? Also any pointers on installing it into a van would be much appreciated... I am on a tight budget so lookibng for more the DIY alternative guys if possible, Thanks

Also anyone selling any cheap van racking??? Thanks
PS, I have posted this in the window cleaning section too as I guess these guys deal with this kind of thing all the time

Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: IBC Baffling/ instalation??? And hello...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:20:54 pm »
stuff it full of drain pipe
that will baffel it  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Kenny83

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 07:26:36 pm »
what you mean by drain pipes mate? how do I position them? and how many? thanks
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Steve peel

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:32:27 pm »
People in the general cleaning industry are probably not aware of payloads and fitting of tanks other than
water fed pole systems.
You  can physically fit a 1000lt Ibc to a transit 80 but can only put in 600 litres of water + the weight of your machine max.
strapping is of no use for ibc tanks it should be fitted in a crash tested frame (for your own safety) baffled tank using plastic drain pipes honeycomed tightly in a vertical position, contact Ionic systems and ask for an IBC 1000lt or 600lt tank in a stainless steel frame. there is a fitting centre in Bolton who will fit it out for you fully crash tested with certificate should cost you around £1200.00 + vat, may sound a lot but its a piece of mind be safe not sorry always put safety before profit you will live longer.
If you have a trailer then thats different rules, as long as its baffled.
check out Ionic systems crash test video on their website its interesting to view.
it will make you think twice before you decide to fit your own.

Steve
British Power Cleaners
25 years in the Cleaning Industry
10 years in the WFP Industry.
for further advice call me on 07771523669

christopher b

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:51:56 am »
ill go with steve!