sunshine windies

Bad customer
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:53:59 am »
Quoted a guy last week for a con roof and windows £50 , more than fair in my opinion particularly as he called me relentlessly for 10 minutes when I was in the pub last Friday night and haggled over the price for a further 10 minutes. Just been to do it and the lady marches out first thing says I take it you're emptying the gutters etc for that price as well ! No chance I said and started packing the van away "oh go on them she says just do your £50 worth. Thank you I say I'm very grateful even though I'm chock a block with work and come out of my way on a sat morning to help you as your son is a good regular customer.
Finished the job knocked on the door cue her losing it by the sound of it a barrage of f words etc he's a massive rip off etc while I waited at the door. She opens the door "thank you we won't call you back" and pays me. Ok I say and drive off , I just know it won't be the last I hear of it

PoleKing

Re: Bad customer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 12:59:36 pm »
I did one yesterday. Quite expensive.
Quite well off people, I had no problem with thinking they wouldn't pay upon completion.
But I make a point of being paid in full cleared funds before I even get the kit out.
Lady-ok with it-I had prewarned her.
He was not impressed at all. But paid in cash.
Not a good start.
Anyway, they ended up happy with the job.
He didn't come out to check but I made a point of saying to her that I wanted to apologise if I caused any offense and hoped I could be of service in the future.

Stay professional! If all else fails, you can still feel like you were professional, no matter the fall out.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

J.D

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 01:22:28 pm »
I would not have done that job in the first place! As soon as get attitude I politely tell the customer to try someone else! Life's to short

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »
Quoted a guy last week for a con roof and windows £50 , more than fair in my opinion particularly as he called me relentlessly for 10 minutes when I was in the pub last Friday night and haggled over the price for a further 10 minutes. Just been to do it and the lady marches out first thing says I take it you're emptying the gutters etc for that price as well ! No chance I said and started packing the van away "oh go on them she says just do your £50 worth. Thank you I say I'm very grateful even though I'm chock a block with work and come out of my way on a sat morning to help you as your son is a good regular customer.
Finished the job knocked on the door cue her losing it by the sound of it a barrage of f words etc he's a massive rip off etc while I waited at the door. She opens the door "thank you we won't call you back" and pays me. Ok I say and drive off , I just know it won't be the last I hear of it

They shouldn't have booked you if they weren't happy with the price! How much would she have wanted if she was asked to do the job? Just because you have the tools for the job, it doesn't mean you have to do it cheap. When I get a problem with a price, I say this; if you wanted your drive dug up, I could spend all day with a spade or I could turn up in a JCB and do it in minutes, I've spent money on my tools to make me more efficient. Simples!
We look at them, they look through them.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:33:26 pm »
Any form of attitude and wouldn't even explain why I am leaving. I would have spun on one foot and walked off.

You are put on this planet once. Don't work for people who don't appreciate you.

I have had to work through the poop to get to the good customers. Yeah I have done my £50 jobs that take 3 hours. But no more.

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 02:36:20 pm »
Any form of attitude and wouldn't even explain why I am leaving. I would have spun on one foot and walked off.

You are put on this planet once. Don't work for people who don't appreciate you.

I have had to work through the poop to get to the good customers. Yeah I have done my £50 jobs that take 3 hours. But no more.

Well said!
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 02:36:29 pm »

The word you are looking for is "flounce".  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

sunshine windies

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 03:10:21 pm »
Yeah I should have just said no thanks and left , been going 6 years now and it's the first time I've been called a rip off. Ironically I did it at less than my normal hourly rate. Really frustrated me it has, in future I'm going to say no at the first sign of them being awkward

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 03:16:43 pm »
Yeah I should have just said no thanks and left , been going 6 years now and it's the first time I've been called a rip off. Ironically I did it at less than my normal hourly rate. Really frustrated me it has, in future I'm going to say no at the first sign of them being awkward

Try asking for payment first rather than write them off straight away.
Once a potential messer has paid, you'd be surprised how polite they may be.
You're holding all the cards.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

C o z y

Re: Bad customer New
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 03:52:54 pm »

The word you are looking for is "flounce".  ;D

You tell 'em !! Always, always FLOUNCE. Mr Gold does seminars on this very subject. Reasonable rates for group bookings.  ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 06:05:46 pm »
Instructress: "Right, class! How to do THE FLOUNCE. No chewing at the back and put that away right now!"

Squeaky: "Please Miss! May I have a go? Please? Please?"

Instructress: "Oh very well, up you come Roger. You be the customer."

Roger: (Hamming it up like Tom Baker) "I hope that price includes the gutters you worthless pikey."

Instructress: (Tosh in drag actually) "Oh! How very dare you! I'll not stand here and be insulted ... I'm off!" (He flounces like some skinny supermodel on a catwalk and minces off like Moses Beacon on "Come fly with me.")

Tosh: "Your turn Roger."

Squeaky: Spinning and crashing to the floor in a heap, crying and sobbing ... "I hate you army types; nicking all the fit burds, you just don't understand how cold it is my side of the river!"

True story that.

It's a game of three halves!

C o z y

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 07:00:26 pm »
Gold.

We walk in the garden of his turbulence !!

8)

sunshine windies

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 08:56:07 pm »
Haha I'll give that a try next time

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:59:35 pm »
Gold.

8)

Better than his garden of flatulence I guess.

C o z y

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 11:53:46 pm »
Gold.

8)

Better than his garden of flatulence I guess.

But you do recognise the quote?  ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 10:58:28 am »
Some people are just baffling had custy who's windows I have cleaned twice first time he was in and paid cash second time not so put a payment card which clearly states pay within 3 days and online payments only .

No money no second clean manage to catch up with him on Friday and he starts complaining about how I have never called for the money and his windows are filthy right strop on tells me he is loaded and paying would never be a problem took 8 weeks to get my money and he obviously can't read