dazmond

investing in new equipment
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:56:40 pm »
ive spent a fair bit this year on new stuff and ill be spending even more next year as im buying a new van. :D

these things have made window cleaning so much easier this year

25 and 47 extremes and a 22 slx

various brushes(mainly extremes)

gas heater and new reel

new PDA for george.

2 aqua-daptor XLs

the best thing ive done this year is sold my 25 ft slx and 40 ft supermax and bought the extremes.

if your a one man band buying poles for yourself then(i know they are expensive!) but trust me lads if you ve not tried one get the money together and buy one or two.

they make wfp and solar panels so easy compared to using other poles.

so what have you guys spent your hard earned on this year(equipment wise)

regards

price higher/work harder!

robertphil

Re: investing in new equipment
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:18:13 pm »

SYR 14" blue/white sleeves - i keep buying em ,must have got  at least 20 on top of my wardrobe now just in case they ever stop making them  ,the unsung hero of sleeves

this sleeve is the one used in all the speed competitions

trippyboy

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 09:28:23 pm »

SYR 14" blue/white sleeves - i keep buying em ,must have got  at least 20 on top of my wardrobe now just in case they ever stop making them  ,the unsung hero of sleeves

Oh the joys of trad  ;D

Laugher

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 09:33:53 pm »
I started turning over to wfp this year, so i spent my hard earned money from last year on a:
wcw backpack with facelift pole

300gpd ro from purefreedom

1000ibc tank

8 25ltr plastic drums

A slx25 and a few other bits to get me started.

Hopefully next year either put a van mount in my com or sell it and buy a better payloaded van and put a van mount in it and maybe go hot as well.

kempy

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:33:56 pm »
Where u buy them , always used the green and white unger one

robertphil

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »
Where u buy them , always used the green and white unger one
windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk

at first you think theyre pants and at that stage they really are nothing special ---- but after a couple of washes the fibre strands suddenly turn into summat akin to scrim and are then excellent  for lifting off dirt

koopmaster

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 08:08:28 am »
I said hello to a window cleaner that crosses my round by a street (london)  he had a home made metal pole and 25L drums. 

I have a 22" phoenix pole with a extreme brush on which makes it so light I almost throw it across the glass,  it makes life so much easier when you loose even half a kilo of weight.

I plan to replace my spare poles with carbon fiber next year and get a 2 man setup.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 08:19:59 am »

Ettore Porcupine is the best sleeve I've EVER used. Light, slim & because of the nylon spikes, lifts dirt like nothing else!!  In-face, I've just bought a new one & cut it up to make into a wagtail pad. ;)

gary999

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 08:26:13 am »
10x 25 litre barrels from car wash cost me £5

i reckon they over charged me  >:(

£60 on 4 harris poles...should keep me going for the
next four or five years ;D

robertphil

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 08:30:42 am »

Ettore Porcupine is the best sleeve I've EVER used. Light, slim & because of the nylon spikes, lifts dirt like nothing else!!  In-face, I've just bought a new one & cut it up to make into a wagtail pad. ;)
cut it up,,,,     mmmm,,,,, thats give me an  idea- a weekend project ....might run up a pair of slippers  from 2 sleeves

dannymack

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 10:23:16 am »
The new transit custom, well lease it but still gotta pay for it  well Company does. New clamps from Gardiners couldn't believe how cheap they were !!! To system early in the year wish is gone for the 4040 prob get one next year. And bits & Bobs 😜

SPE

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 10:54:12 am »
A new bucket on a belt and an unger tool belt and pouch,
I wouldn't say its made my work any easier or faster but I do look like a professional window cleaner now.

johnny bravo

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 11:16:06 am »
Roll on CHRISTMAS,       so many things to put on chrismas present list.       bugger aftershave,    ill have a new sleeve or new slx pole.      imagine your partner got you one without knowing.     :D :D ;D l o l