♠Winp®oClean♠

MOST CHALLENGING WFP JOB TO DATE- Pics
« on: April 12, 2010, 11:22:17 pm »
Did this job last week, some very challenging windows. It was built in 1880, has had some extensions since with a mix of original & replacement windows with the larger, main windows set straight into the stone mullions with no frame! Some steel frame sash, alloy sash, wood stained & painted. Max reach 55ft. The main, bottom windows required a 25ft slx at full streach!

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: MOST CHALLENGING WFP JOB TO DATE
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:23:49 pm »
more

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:27:08 pm »
another

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:30:12 pm »
nice job mate did u price it well??????
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:35:40 pm »
Not so much the height which was a challenge but to get a good result from such a WFP unfriendly situation. The last company to do it failed to get a result which was satisfactory to the owner. I face similar situations, although usually on a smaller scale regular & it took all my experience to achieve a superb job much to the owners satisfaction. ;)

richywilts

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 11:37:26 pm »
is it a house or office buildings
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 11:39:43 pm »
nice job mate did u price it well??????

Yes, after seeing it I knew what I faced & knew I could better the previous contractor's effort.

It's private education with boarding.

Ken

Re: MOST CHALLENGING WFP JOB TO DATE- Pics
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:43:44 am »
Quick query: is that a Gardiners SL56? And do you not connect it to a water supply ;)

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 07:48:45 am »
Quick query: is that a Gardiners SL56? And do you not connect it to a water supply ;)

Just going to say the same thing  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 07:56:46 am »
How did you do the upper ones over the 'battlements'  were you allowed access to get to these or did you have to reach over?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:20 am »

Yes, sl56 & yes but I'm just getting the right length & brush angle before actually starting that phase!! ;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 08:17:40 am »
How did you do the upper ones over the 'battlements'  were you allowed access to get to these or did you have to reach over?

Darran

Could reach top panes & had access out to the ones below.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 05:13:36 pm »
Jobs of this nature, the top pane in a lot of the windows is above a stone ledge with a glass pane below.

What do you do with those ? Top panes all the way round letting them dry off, then back to the first to do the one beneath?

I ask as surely the stone 'lintel' between the two panes would dirty the bottom one with run-off from the top.

Yes mate, that's exactly what you have to do & for the reason you state. ;)

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 06:21:09 pm »
Nice Job WOC  ;) Sandstone buildings are generally pretty good to work with, the trick is to avoid spraying water right at the very top of each window, some windows you can get away with but others you get a wash of mortar and sand run down and can often leave a heap of sandy stuff on the windows, this can happen no matter how many times you wash them, I tend to brush the top and rinse about an inch from the top to avoid it.

One problem to watch out for is the water cleaning the stone below the windows with the run off water.

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 06:28:51 pm »
Looks like my house  ???

What are you wearing Tony? I'm in shorts and a t shirt again today I thought it was forecast to be mega warm up north.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 06:46:38 pm »
Jobs of this nature, the top pane in a lot of the windows is above a stone ledge with a glass pane below.

What do you do with those ? Top panes all the way round letting them dry off, then back to the first to do the one beneath?

I ask as surely the stone 'lintel' between the two panes would dirty the bottom one with run-off from the top.

Would I be right in thinking that you must be very accurate with the brush too when doing the top parts of the windows - to avoid water trickling down from the stone.  POossibly even leaving a tiny gap untouched at top of glass?

EDITED:  I note that Jeff has brought up the same issue now that I've read further.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »
Looks like my house  ???

What are you wearing Tony? I'm in shorts and a t shirt again today I thought it was forecast to be mega warm up north.

That was taken last week or the week before Dave. We've had some lovely days since, yesterday was really nice but a bit chillier today. ;)

No shorts mind, got bitten on the ankle by a wild haggis last year!! ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 07:18:04 pm »

Would I be right in thinking that you must be very accurate with the brush too when doing the top parts of the windows - to avoid water trickling down from the stone.  POossibly even leaving a tiny gap untouched at top of glass?

EDITED:  I note that Jeff has brought up the same issue now that I've read further.

To be honest, especially at 55ft you don't have much choice but to clean all the glass right upto the top. You have to scrub side to side a fair bit right at the top to remove as much sand/grit as you can. Clean the rest of the pane (this will remove most of the sand from the brush) then push the brush just to the top of the glass then from left to right move it slowly over to give a good rinse.

IMO the super-lite mono' single trim was a must for this job.

The pictures show about half of the total windows on the building.

Oh, and forget fan jets!! Pencils all the way here.

tony braid

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 08:40:47 pm »
Hi Tony its Tony fom sunderland who got your facelift pole your new pole looks the buisness nice job cheers mate

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 10:04:00 pm »
Hi Tony its Tony fom sunderland who got your facelift pole your new pole looks the buisness nice job cheers mate

Hiya Tony, how's the facelift going mate? What do you think of it?

tom2009

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 04:50:32 pm »

To be honest, especially at 55ft you don't have much choice but to clean all the glass right upto the top. You have to scrub side to side a fair bit right at the top to remove as much sand/grit as you can. Clean the rest of the pane (this will remove most of the sand from the brush) then push the brush just to the top of the glass then from left to right move it slowly over to give a good rinse.

you have to leave the brush on the window to rinse when you are working at that hieght then Winpro? ???

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 05:18:35 pm »

you have to leave the brush on the window to rinse when you are working at that hieght then Winpro? ???

Yeah really. Just before the final rinse I flush the brush out up & down in the middle of the glass first.

tom2009

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 05:27:12 pm »
how many litres of water did you use?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 05:49:19 pm »

Approx 2000 but there were some other buildings on the grounds too that were done also.

tony braid

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 07:08:31 pm »
Hi Tony that facelift pole is spot on a bit bendy when fully extent but it is light so can not grumble being up your neck of the woods this morning doing some work
cheers mate

tom2009

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 07:16:13 pm »

Approx 2000 but there were some other buildings on the grounds too that were done also.
I take it that you plug in on site and produce your own water on demand Winpro? sorry for all the questions but i'm interested

Cheers

Tom

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 07:19:48 pm »

I take it that you plug in on site and produce your own water on demand Winpro? sorry for all the questions but i'm interested

Cheers

Tom

I fill up at home with 400ltrs, when that's gone I fill tank back up on-site. Twin 11ltr DI's on demand. ;)