Re: Harris pole in action!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 09:52:43 pm »
Am i the only person who uses a valve on my hip? I regulate the flow when required, and shut the water off between windows and whilst extending or retracting the pole?

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 09:54:44 pm »
Peter I'll buy an auobrush to try. How much are they.

At the mo I use vikan rectangular  mono with fans. Will your brush fit straight on my pole.
Not cheap. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D only kidding Pete.
Cheap is not always good in anything, some times it can be but others no.

I could not work out the site hence why I have not tried it as yet, but I know it was being changed some that comment means nothing.

Ian

pjulk

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 09:55:21 pm »
I use gas valves but am changing all my poles over to triggers as i have been using one on one of my poles now for a couple of months and find it better.

Where in B&Q are these harris poles is it the decorating section or the cleaning section as our has poles in both sections.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 09:56:55 pm »
Decorating.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 09:57:14 pm »
I use gas valves but am changing all my poles over to triggers as i have been using one on one of my poles now for a couple of months and find it betterd.

Where in B&Q are these harris poles is it the decorating section or the cleaning section as our has poles in both sections.
decorating, harris as far as I am aware dont do cleaning

Ian

Art

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 09:58:17 pm »
Groundhog, what brush are you using in the clips?

Arthur

pjulk

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 09:58:27 pm »
Thanks jeff and ian i will grab one this weekend

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 10:00:14 pm »
Am i the only person who uses a valve on my hip? I regulate the flow when required, and shut the water off between windows and whilst extending or retracting the pole?
I've only just caught on to your earlier comment and rewatched the video. From what I could see groundhogs pump and water is going from the moment he walks away from the van. His idea of skimping on everything is really quite expensive.

Hip, no. There is a better solution, a harness that goes over the head. (nicked the idea from Ian giles). This also ties in with my using an electric reel.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 10:00:40 pm »

At the mo I use vikan rectangular  mono with fans. Will your brush fit straight on my pole.

Normally £69, but I do a reduction of £10 for my customers.  You can have one at the discounted price if your interested.  A bit dearer than a standard brush but there is a lot of work goes into making one up, not to mention all the extra parts involved which are engineered, as they can't be bought off the shelf.

I can set one up to fit any pole, but I take it yours will have the black plastic screw thread?  It would come with a black angle joint and fan sprays, and it would have a hose-tail end to fit any hose.

Peter

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 10:03:38 pm »

At the mo I use vikan rectangular  mono with fans. Will your brush fit straight on my pole.

Normally £69, but I do a reduction of £10 for my customers.  You can have one at the discounted price if your interested.  A bit dearer than a standard brush but there is a lot of work goes into making one up, not to mention all the extra parts involved which are engineered, as they can't be bought off the shelf.

I can set one up to fit any pole, but I take it yours will have the black plastic screw thread?  It would come with a black angle joint and fan sprays, and it would have a hose-tail end to fit any hose.

Peter
Peter, can you send me an invoice for one please to design@

I will take the discount aswell :)

my thoughts are if you dont try you dont know, and for that price I could well make that back in  a day so worth a try.

Ian

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 10:07:48 pm »
so what do I do order one off your site?

Yes i have black angle adjusters on the end of my poles.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 10:10:21 pm »

my thoughts are if you dont try you dont know, and for that price I could well make that back in  a day so worth a try.

Ian

Ian, would it be to the email address in your profile?  It may not pay for itself in a day though.

Peter

groundhog

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 10:11:36 pm »
I'm quite surprised about all the posts saying that I am cleaning the windows too quickly! I was not trying to clean quickly, in fact I normally clean these houses much quicker and I will post a clip next week on cleaning quickly if you like, I was simply trying to demonstrate that the harris pole is a very affective pole, and that it is not neccessary to spend a fortune on a pole!!

I would be interested to compare if an slx or facelift user could post a clip of their pole in action!!!

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 10:13:19 pm »

my thoughts are if you dont try you dont know, and for that price I could well make that back in  a day so worth a try.

Ian

Ian, would it be to the email address in your profile?  It may not pay for itself in a day though.

Peter
design@          windowwashers.co.uk

profile email is only for people to chat with me on msn, you are welcome to add wicks1976@hotmail.com to you messenger would be interesting speaking with you.

Ian

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 10:13:56 pm »
so what do I do order one off your site?

Yes i have black angle adjusters on the end of my poles.

No that's set up to charge £69, if you wanted I could send you one along with an invoice for payment.  I would need your address, you can email me it if you want at peter@window-tools.com

Peter

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 10:15:39 pm »
I'm quite surprised about all the posts saying that I am cleaning the windows too quickly! I was not trying to clean quickly, in fact I normally clean these houses much quicker and I will post a clip next week on cleaning quickly if you like, I was simply trying to demonstrate that the harris pole is a very affective pole, and that it is not neccessary to spend a fortune on a pole!!

I would be interested to compare if an slx or facelift user could post a clip of their pole in action!!!
Ghog, (dont know you name sry) surprised at speed to be honest I take alot longer, would love to see clip quicker and then a clip same windows cheacked after the quick clean.

Ian

paulscotney

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 10:17:32 pm »
I will send my email address as well if possible. I was waiting until end of June to buy with the new pole as well, but could do with the brush sooner.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 10:19:29 pm »

I know the feeling groundhog.  I was expecting you to be cleaning much faster.  But do you understand what I mean about rushing between windows, and wasting all that water??

Peter

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 10:19:57 pm »
Peter \I have just send email to you, reply to design@  ;)

Ian

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 10:21:04 pm »
me too