groundhog

Harris pole in action!!!
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:51:01 pm »
As I said on the slx thread I have now posted 3 clips of the Harris pole in action on youtube!! I don't know how to do a link so if you want to see them you will have to go onto youtube and type in 'harris pole' Have a look and make up your own mind about the harris pole!

Please don't post anything derogatory on youtube as my son uploaded the videos for me and he will see it (he's 9)!

So please feel free to comment on this thread.  :)

Cheers!!

Re: Harris pole in action!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:09:24 pm »
Here are the links direct:

Harris pole in action: www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76dQeCJPMg
Harris pole take two: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce80rar7qBw
Harris pole take three: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBaE16F7lFQ

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:18:43 pm »
Blimey, Mr Whippy?  :o

m.b.s.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:25:05 pm »
Blimey, Mr Whippy?  :o
just thinking this my self quick or what how long you been doing it for can i down load these on my pc if you can how do i do it
are those fan or pencil ?
do you get any probs doing them that quick ie runs spots ?

NWH

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 09:28:37 pm »
There fans and i`m quicker lol,that`s the sort of speed you want to be cleaning at.At the speed he was doing it you can get faultless results everytime providing you use enough water,and i still think it`s a C*** pole.If you got yourself an SLX or similar you would be even quicker,a shorter collapsed pole enables you to work in tighter spaces.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:30:34 pm »
Got to go that fast - he can't shut the water off at the pole. Even the lawn gets a wash, the brickwork and any byestanders in the line of fire.  ::)

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:30:57 pm »
I am thinking there, problems problems problems.

half the top are not ever touched corners???????

not touching frames  ::)

maybe why wfp has a bad name  :-X  ::)

what are you powering your water with sounds like a monster   :-\

NWH

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 09:32:35 pm »

Rubbish i clean like that daily and never get problems,the only problem you`ll get is you`ll earn more money.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »

maybe why wfp has a bad name  :-X  ::)
Rubbish i clean like that daily and never get problems,the only problem you`ll get is you`ll earn more money.
I need to come and watch you work m,8, from where I am sitting they cant be clean I maybe worng but I know when I have cleaned a house the frames and windows are dirt free. if you watch the film corners on glass are missed watch and you will see.

as I said could be well wrong, and would loove to come and see you doing it. what do you say I dont mind the drive

Ian

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 09:37:28 pm »
Hi mbs, no they come up perfect, although I wasn't really trying to be quick in those clips, I was just demonstrating that the Harris pole is an excellent pole. The houses in the clips are cleaned on a monthly basis and it dosn't take much to get them spotless! You are quite welcome to copy them if you like mate. They are fan jets, although I have only just started using them, I have always used pencil jets before and haven't made up my mind which I prefer. :)

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 09:38:55 pm »
Okay i think you proved your point. Well done to your son for putting it up.

The pole was whippy, the closed lenght was a bit long for downs, and you lost time with the clamps. The 17' xtel is better with four sections and better clamps if a little more expensive.

I thought your technique was okay and similar to how i do it in terms of time although I have the safety net of being hot.

Ps fan jets are a must for rinse on

NWH

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 09:39:41 pm »
Your welcome anytime Ian,if you clean like that you must do the initial clean properly ie frames and sills.What he`s doing there is a clean that is maintaining everything,if you watch he`s putting water over the sills and frames quickly which if you do everytime is enough.If the windows bead and you use enough water you don`t even need to rinse.

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 09:40:07 pm »

not touching frames  ::)

what are you powering your water with sounds like a monster   :-\

The house in the first clip is cleaned on a monthly basis inside and out, so I get to check that they are cleaned properly, and believe me they are spotless!  8)

m.b.s.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 09:40:40 pm »
Hi mbs, no they come up perfect, although I wasn't really trying to be quick in those clips, I was just demonstrating that the Harris pole is an excellent pole. The houses in the clips are cleaned on a monthly basis and it dosn't take much to get them spotless! You are quite welcome to copy them if you like mate. They are fan jets, although I have only just started using them, I have always used pencil jets before and haven't made up my mind which I prefer. :)
how do i copy these to my pc any help

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 09:40:52 pm »
Got to go that fast - he can't shut the water off at the pole. Even the lawn gets a wash.

On the last link it is a full 30 seconds before the window is even started being cleaned, with quite a lot of water wasted.  Groundhog, see how you are rushing between windows because your water is spraying from the brush all the time?  This is when accidents can happen, tripping over stuff etc.  If you had an Autobrush you would not have to rush between windows, and you would be able to clean lots more window in the day, with the same amount of water you use just now.

Peter

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 09:42:58 pm »
Your welcome anytime Ian,if you clean like that you must do the initial clean properly ie frames and sills.What he`s doing there is a clean that is maintaining everything,if you watch he`s putting water over the sills and frames quickly which if you do everytime is enough.If the windows bead and you use enough water you don`t even need to rinse.
soon as I get work back to normal, I would love to come and watch m8 if you dont mind.

Ian
p.s I am not saying this way of cleaning is wrong I just dont do it that way, and I am more than willing to learn and teach employee's ways to make me more money in the same time frame. there wages go up, all happy.

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 09:46:28 pm »
Don't think an employee is going to want to rush around like that all day somehow, unless you touch him with a cattle prod!  ;D

NWH

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 09:48:21 pm »
Don't think an employee is going to want to rush around like that all day somehow, unless you touch him with a cattle prod!  ;D
LOL,the only person you`ll get to work like that is yourself or blokes on a work completion bonus.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 09:48:56 pm »
Peter I'll buy an auobrush to try. How much are they.

At the mo I use vikan rectangular  mono with fans. Will your brush fit straight on my pole.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 09:51:32 pm »
Peter I'll buy an auobrush to try. How much are they.

At the mo I use vikan rectangular  mono with fans. Will your brush fit straight on my pole.
Not cheap. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D only kidding Pete.