֍Winp®oClean֍

Gardiners Ultra-flex pole hose
« on: January 05, 2024, 09:19:46 pm »
Having had no luck with any pole hose for seemingly a decade I thought I would try Gardiners new Ultra-flex. Well, I have to say, this is the best winter pole hose I have ever used! I can also confirm that, although their website states it's not recommended for use with a Univalve (due to it's 'flex') it does indeed work fine with a Univalve- Well- at least with a 25ft pole and cold water! Yes, the pull is slightly longer to activate the valve but not excessively. In fact, the extra flex has an unintended benefit in that it prevents the Univalve accidentally activating with every tiny tug/snag of the hose!  It still curls etc but as soon as you pull it, it just straightens back out! Far better than the all season stuff.
If you're fed up of twisted, tangled, knotted pole hose  give it a go. Once it's lost it's memory after a few days it's brilliant!!😎👍
Comfortably Numb!

High-Tower

Re: Gardiners Ultra-flex pole hose
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 09:08:52 am »
I’ve been using it since early last summer, really impressed with it too. It has held up very well, no kinks, splits etc

simon w

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 10:06:53 am »
Can't say I've ever had any issues with their yellow all season pole hose for both hot and cold use tbh.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 05:10:04 pm »
My experience with Gardiners Yellow PVC All Season hose was quite different. I loved the soft flexible feel of it when new but found it quickly lost that feel and hardened with use.  After a few months of use it would split easily if folded a few times in the same place (usually at the base of the pole), and it punctured easily if it got caught on something thorny like a rose bush. When I started using hot water it was an utter nightmare. Although it went lovely and soft again it would expand with the heat and would keep coming off the fittings even though they were fitted with 'o' clamps.

When Gardiners first introduce the green PU hose I started using that and loved it. It was so tough I'm still using it many years later. It wasn't that expensive either compared to some others at the time.

I have been considering replacing it soon and was wondering how good the new Ultra-Flex hose was.

Thankyou for your review/recommendation WinPro
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 07:06:49 pm »
Can't say I've ever had any issues with their yellow all season pole hose for both hot and cold use tbh.

REALLY!? It's OK (ish) for the first 3 weeks then it's all down hill from there!!
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 06:47:51 am »
I use PU orange pole hose on my poles,I bought 100m of it years ago and i replace it periodically...

I can't say I notice excessive tangling in my day to day cleaning with hot water but when cleaning with cold water in winter it can be a nightmare
price higher/work harder!

jonny thompson

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2024, 08:35:46 am »
Cleaning warehouse blue hose is far better