֍Winp®oClean֍

Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« on: October 09, 2022, 08:30:50 pm »
Looking to try something different. Currently getting about 3 weeks optimal and 8 weeks total out of current supremes.
Just can't seem to find a gardiner brush that fits my bill and lasts a reasonable time.
Looking for something soft with good splay. The Xline ones look good.🤔
Any recommendations?
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

Re: Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 09:07:21 pm »
Tucker.

richard connett

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 09:17:25 pm »
I take it you’ve tried the tapertec supreme ?
I’m getting much much longer from them , about 6 months

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 09:26:24 pm »
We use the supreame stiff with hot water and get around 6 months from them

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 09:36:10 pm »
Looking to try something different. Currently getting about 3 weeks optimal and 8 weeks total out of current supremes.
Just can't seem to find a gardiner brush that fits my bill and lasts a reasonable time.
Any recommendations?

I use the stiff supreme for lots of my work with hot water and they easily last a year before they need replacing.even an xtreme brush will last me 3 months before binning.

I use an xline flocked for washing the van.good brush to be fair just a tad too heavy for my liking for window cleaning....
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 11:56:52 pm »
Gardiner ultimate medium 26 lasts 'forever' for me. (Red stock - yellow bristles)
It's a game of three halves!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 06:21:27 am »
Any recommendations?

I’ve recently tried pouring boiling water from the kettle down the bristles of my supreme flocked. Straightens them back out, especially the sort of curled up matted ends.

I was only getting about the same amount of use from the supreme since switching from the superlite. It’s a shame but i get that’s it a balance with weight & longevity. I don’t want to use the stiff on my cold water setup. I don’t like the feel of stiff brushes. Different with hot i guess.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 07:26:44 am »
Any recommendations?

I’ve recently tried pouring boiling water from the kettle down the bristles of my supreme flocked. Straightens them back out, especially the sort of curled up matted ends.

I was only getting about the same amount of use from the supreme since switching from the superlite. It’s a shame but i get that’s it a balance with weight & longevity. I don’t want to use the stiff on my cold water setup. I don’t like the feel of stiff brushes. Different with hot i guess.

I'll give that a try.👍
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 09:46:44 am »
Flocked extreme cill brushes for me. Seem to hold their shape but terrible for spiders nests.
If it’s a really spidery property i have gone over the corners with a spike on a spare pole.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2022, 11:47:41 am »
All that flocked Extreme needs is the end bristles changing for stiffer ones,just the outer rows not inner that problem you talk about with the spiders would be sorted.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2022, 01:06:34 pm »
If your after longevity the Xline brushes are really good especially the dupont....

the king

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2022, 05:08:07 pm »
Ultimate flocked lasts ages with hot water

NWH

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2022, 05:25:13 pm »
They do but the general range of brushes or what you would call traditional shaped brushes go out of shape quicker with hot water,they deform in the centre and even when reshaped never last that long without it happening again.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2022, 05:26:12 pm »
The good old superlite is a great brush. Ive had one over a year and it still looks new.

For the last few years ive always used extreme brushes but the superlite feels a lot better on the glass, good splay, soft and covers the glass quicker.

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2022, 05:34:37 pm »
If your after longevity the Xline brushes are really good especially the dupont....

Lol I destroyed one of them in 3 days totally useless 😂😂😂😂

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2022, 05:41:31 pm »

3 days? I don't think so ;D I have used several they always last me around 12months...

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2022, 05:53:35 pm »

3 days? I don't think so ;D I have used several they always last me around 12months...

Worst brush I have ever used plus it’s heavy , I sent pictures to x line asking for there thought s they said they couldn’t comment as they didn’t know what the brush had been used for , but apart from the flattened  bristles there wasn’t a mark on it . 3 days and to be fair that wasn’t 3 full days either actual working hours probably less that 16 hours .
I had a rectangular one and also the sill version both lasted just days .

SB Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 06:04:29 pm »

Worst brush I have ever used plus it’s heavy , I sent pictures to x line asking for there thought s they said they couldn’t comment as they didn’t know what the brush had been used for , but apart from the flattened  bristles there wasn’t a mark on it . 3 days and to be fair that wasn’t 3 full days either actual working hours probably less that 16 hours .
Very strange...I will.agree they're not the lightest brushes but ive always found they last well with good scrubbing power....I find the gardiners brushes that don't last these days.

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 06:11:05 pm »

Very strange...I will.agree they're not the lightest brushes but ive always found they last well with good scrubbing power....I find the gardiners brushes that don't last these days.

I was very surprised I bought them due to the good reviews , I find the gardiner supreame  brushes last the best I have tried most things over the years , we do use hot water but x line assured me they would be fine with it but they weren’t .

NWH

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 06:18:15 pm »
Hopeless with Hot water those Xlines.