֍Winp®oClean֍

Xtreme Supreme MKII🙂
« on: February 16, 2022, 10:31:08 am »
After butchering my original DuPont supreme to make it at least usable, it turned out far better than expected. So much so that this modified Supreme format is now my prefered every day brush!😁. Ordered the flocked version with a new SLX which has been given the same, but less drastic treatment. Less drastic, as in the bristles on this brush were actually shorter in length to begin with🤔 so less to cut off.
As per the DuPont, this Supreme is now far more usable and effective with it's  slightly reduced bristle length from standard. I have to say again that I'm really enjoying and impressed with the size and shape of the stock on this brush and in my opinion it's very worthy of further developement. It really is so less restrictive and allows easy and effective access into all/any corners. Again, if you wish to have a go at this with either a new or old Supreme, you'll need to set aside 15/20 minutes with a good, sharp pair of scissors.
I wonder if Alex would consider selling a shorter bristle version as standard??🙂
One photo shot at the side of a standard  (slightly worn) Xtreme to gauge size.👍👍
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

Re: Xtreme Supreme MKII🙂
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 10:44:51 am »
Funny thing with brushes it’s a personal thing some love a brush and some hate it,I trimmed the blue and black ova brush and it performed better I don’t know why they use such long bristles in all brushes most of the time you don’t need long bristles if at all.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 10:59:35 am »
P.s. the bristles are NOT crimped, the photo re-sizer has made them look a bit funny, they don't look like this in the flesh.
Comfortably Numb!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 11:45:56 am »
I live the longer bristles personally. The brush stock doesn’t knock on all the vents & hinges etc.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 01:41:59 pm »
The trouble with the longer bristles is that they  go out of shape easier compared with shorter ones,I know it can be a nightmare making even small changes with brushes with tooling etc you can look at a brush and say it needs this doing to it in an ideal world etc,though not as easy as that.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 02:06:20 pm »
The trouble with the longer bristles is that they  go out of shape easier compared with shorter ones,I know it can be a nightmare making even small changes with brushes with tooling etc you can look at a brush and say it needs this doing to it in an ideal world etc,though not as easy as that.

I agree that they do go out of shape faster. The DuPont supreme I received was ridiculously long (makes me wonder now whether I got a ringer🤔). The flocked isn't half as bad but it is far more effective with the slightly reduced length.

And Simon, yep, the stock doesn't bang into frames etc, it's such a better design IMO.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 02:14:39 pm »
Remember the old Vikans you still see the odd one up on a pole from time to time,they held there shape longer but were silly heavy compared to today’s brushes.
I had enough of them and got a few from Gaz and Peter Fogwill and made my own up by using the same “Salmon”,again good longevity but still heavy today’s brushes although light years ahead of the the above in weight are yet to last.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 03:02:51 pm »
This is a 'before' picture below measured against the same Xtreme. You can see the reduction isn't drastic, but it's very effective.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 03:40:50 pm »
Yes it actually looks like a lighter shorter bristled Vikan.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 07:14:26 pm »
Why not just buy the Ultimate? It's light and has the shorter bristles. Only thing is it doesn't have the great stock shape of the Supreme.

And whilst we're on a bout the Supreme, I also like how the stock stays perfectly flat compared to say a Superlite.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 07:52:41 pm »
Why not just buy the Ultimate? It's light and has the shorter bristles. Only thing is it doesn't have the great stock shape of the Supreme.

And whilst we're on a bout the Supreme, I also like how the stock stays perfectly flat compare to say a Superlite.

You've just answered your own question, perfectly!😁👍

The Ultimate now feels big and bulky in comparison too. It doesn't do corners as good as the supreme either.
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 09:22:29 pm »
Personally, I find that Supreme spoils a perfectly good view of the river.