֍Winp®oClean֍

Gardiner Xtreme jet position
« on: June 18, 2020, 05:38:25 pm »
Have just received Two Xtreme stiff brushes by mistake- should have been sill versions. However, I was going to keep one of them until I noticed the jet holes are considerably closer to the center than my other new brushes. I really don't like this jet position and I'm wondering whether it's meant to be or a manufacturing fault??
Comfortably Numb!

Alex Gardiner

Re: Gardiner Xtreme jet position
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 05:53:27 pm »
Have just received Two Xtreme stiff brushes by mistake- should have been sill versions. However, I was going to keep one of them until I noticed the jet holes are considerably closer to the center than my other new brushes. I really don't like this jet position and I'm wondering whether it's meant to be or a manufacturing fault??

First of all apologies for the packing error  :(

They will be in the correct position for the brush.

The standard Xtreme and the Sill Xtreme have slightly different jet positions due to the tooling used to mould them - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/xtreme-brushes.html

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 06:04:01 pm »
Thanks for the reply Alex. That's a shame, I prefer them like on the other brushes.🙂
Comfortably Numb!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 06:10:14 pm »
Thanks for the reply Alex. That's a shame, I prefer them like on the other brushes.🙂

Me too. Sorry Alex
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

the king

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 09:53:18 pm »
i gota say the new extreme flocked sill is my favourite brush of all time it took a few weeks to get used to it but dam alex has nailed it imo hot water just dont seem to affect the flocked brushes  8)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 10:31:53 pm »
Sill brushes aren't for me, I've cut the sill part off and now have a lovely flocked Xtreme but with better jet positioning. Looks like I'll be doing the same to the stiff one which turned up today.👍
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 08:09:34 am »
I think the xtreme sill brushes are great......

This week most of my work is estate work with skylights,tight connys,narrow angle side upper windows, glass roofs,etc....this brush prevents scratching upper sills and allows a better angle for cleaning sides of connys/skylights without the added weight that a standard sill brush has....
price higher/work harder!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 08:39:57 am »

This week most of my work is estate work with skylights,tight connys,narrow angle side upper windows, glass roofs,etc....this brush prevents scratching upper sills and allows a better angle for cleaning sides of connys/skylights without the added weight that a standard sill brush has....

When you use a swivel, none of those things are an issue to begin with.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 05:52:58 pm »
Daz will catch up one day - always about five years behind!

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 06:35:12 pm »

i hate swivels....i really dont like them!i prefer a fixed brush any day of the week!
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 08:05:34 pm »
You didn’t like hot water once  ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 08:24:23 pm »

i hate swivels....i really dont like them!i prefer a fixed brush any day of the week!

You can't know how to use one then Daz. The swivel is the one component that beats almost everything else in making your day easier, faster etc. Much easier on your body too, you just need to know how to use one- it doesn’t happen in a day either.👍
I simply couldn't work without one.
Comfortably Numb!