֍Winp®oClean֍

Unger resin
« on: April 17, 2018, 03:21:30 pm »
Anyone had Unger resin that stinks of fish and has little black bits in it? Only changed resin 2 weeks ago and it's reading 84 already. Funny thing is, the first vessel that feeds it is only reading 64! How can that be? ???
Comfortably Numb!

Spruce

Re: Unger resin
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:26:42 pm »
Anyone had Unger resin that stinks of fish and has little black bits in it? Only changed resin 2 weeks ago and it's reading 84 already. Funny thing is, the first vessel that feeds it is only reading 64! How can that be? ???

Could it be that the spent resin is releasing all those impurities it previously collected back into the water?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:15:39 pm »
All sorted now. Contacted supplier who contacted Unger, resolved!👍
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:49:51 pm »
I tried some about a year or so ago it definitely didn’t last anywhere near as long as other makes

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 03:25:23 pm »
Been using it for quite a while now without issue, lasts as long and longer tgan any other for me. However, there was deffo something erong with this particular bag- now replaced with another "normal" bag. Good stuff other than this little episode!!
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 03:29:15 pm »
At one point it was on offer so I gave it a go but it didn’t last and yes mine looked like it had peppercorns in with it. Your water is quiet clean before DI though yeah

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 03:32:17 pm »
70 odd ppm.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 04:22:43 pm »
Yeah mines 250-280ppm out the tap but I pre filter and then RO water out is 3-4 with clean pre filters so resin normally lasts ages,I think someone mentioned they had a bad batch a year or so ago.

deeege

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 05:14:38 pm »
I’m finding it better than the Tulsion at the moment, the Tulsion has been deteriorating for ages now.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 06:16:42 pm »
I’m finding it better than the Tulsion at the moment, the Tulsion has been deteriorating for ages now.

not if you get it from gardiners danny....a tulsion 25kg bag has been lasting me 4 months before needing to change it.i changed mine in january and its just started to go up(003).ill get another 3 or 4 weeks out of it yet as ive still got some of the bag left to fill my small DI up  so ill go double DI until my older resin vessel gets to my tap tds(029)..... :)
price higher/work harder!

james peters

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 06:27:07 pm »

not if you get it from gardiners danny....a tulsion 25kg bag has been lasting me 4 months before needing to change it.i changed mine in january and its just started to go up(003).ill get another 3 or 4 weeks out of it yet as ive still got some of the bag left to fill my small DI up  so ill go double DI until my older resin vessel gets to my tap tds(029)..... :)
gulp!
25ltres only lasts me 8 weeks . and my water is around 70 before di !
and that is using a twin di

deeege

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 07:05:39 pm »

I’ve had plenty from Gardiners, I used to find their resin  better than other suppliers (daqua/WCW) but the last 2 bags I had from them were equally as bad. My tap TDS is 070 since I’ve moved, it used to be 029 like yours. I’m finding I get atleast a week more per half bag with the Unger resin. I use roughly a bag every 8/9 weeks.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 08:04:05 pm »

I've had Tulsion from just about every outlet that supplies it and agree with deegee- it certainly isn't what it used to be!! I stopped using it because ot became so inconsistant.
Comfortably Numb!

the king

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 08:17:18 pm »
never had any problims with unger ,tuslion or purelite in fact purelite was the best ive used in a wile indion is ok the worst ive used is spetrum that stuff is nasty

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 08:24:22 pm »
Dowex MB50 used to be king, shame they stopped supplying it.
Comfortably Numb!

mike1986

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 10:11:58 pm »

How can you say that Dazmond? It’s the same product. Isn’t that like saying ‘kingsmill bread is much nicer from Tesco than it is from asda’

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 10:29:46 pm »

How can you say that Dazmond? It’s the same product. Isn’t that like saying ‘kingsmill bread is much nicer from Tesco than it is from asda’

because ive never had a bad batch from gardiners(ive had 2 crap bags from pure freedom though)allegedly the same resin(tulsion mb 115)so i stick with gardiners....
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 10:56:35 pm »

because ive never had a bad batch from gardiners(ive had 2 crap bags from pure freedom though)allegedly the same resin(tulsion mb 115)so i stick with gardiners....

There is definately a difference in quality between suppliers. Pure freedom/WCW/Daqua all had the stuff that was quite a bit worse than Gardiners, then I got a couple of bad bags from Gardiners too so I’ve give up on Tulsion altogether for now.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 05:46:43 am »
Does anyone use purolite resin . It costs about £20 sack more than tusion . But does it last a lot longer . ?

deeege

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 06:56:05 am »
Does anyone use purolite resin . It costs about £20 sack more than tusion . But does it last a lot longer . ?

I had a bag recently, due to the shortage of other resin. It was good, but only as good as the good Tulsion or Unger,  not really worth the £20 extra.