Tristan R Clean

Re: Dazmond....
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 04:43:46 pm »
 I was going to go down the diesel heater route - but the expense :o
I am going to buy one of the gasstop safety valves for £40 for my gas heater.
£100 for my fastar gas boiler ,a few fittings and gas bottle job done.

i like lots of others liked the idea of cheaper option of gas but the safety issues were a concern.
I have my boiler mounted on a trolley so can take in and out of van easily.
sometimes work with it out of the van all together .
With a gasstop i will work with more confidence probably using the heater a lot more.

Tris

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 04:46:41 pm »
What is the heat of the diesel like compared to the gas Dazmond?
That is another point of gas :instant heat.

Tris

Don Kee

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 04:48:11 pm »

i worked with hot all day today but with the engine running and doors locked.(heater was running for a solid 4 hours plus)

You wont do your van engine any favours doing that mate

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 05:06:23 pm »
Glad you're getting it sorted Daz. At least the boys at grippa are looking after you even though it sounds like a Ford issue. 

I have loved using mine the last few days.  Piping hot when hose reeled in. Scolding to touch.  Then hot shower level feel to it when unwound in the snow.

I called it a day early though today due to bad road conditions.  The road was gridlock where a bus hit a car in the snow.  So thought "sod that" did not want to risk it anymore.  Even though I struggled to drive up the road on a hill by me.

So makes a big change for me to call it day due to driving conditions rather than working conditions.

The steam was great to watch. The hose was like a rubber band.  Felt like summer.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

p1w1

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 05:12:43 pm »
has anyone told their insurance company that you have a diesel heater installed and tapped into the fuel line? has it made a change to your premium?

robbo333

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 05:18:49 pm »
I was going to go down the diesel heater route - but the expense :o
I am going to buy one of the gasstop safety valves for £40 for my gas heater.
£100 for my fastar gas boiler ,a few fittings and gas bottle job done.

i like lots of others liked the idea of cheaper option of gas but the safety issues were a concern.
I have my boiler mounted on a trolley so can take in and out of van easily.
sometimes work with it out of the van all together .

With a gasstop i will work with more confidence probably using the heater a lot more.

Tris

So rather than blow up your own van, you're going to blow up a custie's house instead...nice!  ;D

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 05:43:17 pm »
Who said anything about being near a custys house.
I dont usually park in peoples driveways.

Anyway with a gasstop - no explosions :)

Tris

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 06:13:57 pm »

i worked with hot all day today but with the engine running and doors locked.(heater was running for a solid 4 hours plus)

why?its a new van not a 10 year old van.its only for a few days anyway.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 06:29:54 pm »
Glad you're getting it sorted Daz. At least the boys at grippa are looking after you even though it sounds like a Ford issue. 

I have loved using mine the last few days.  Piping hot when hose reeled in. Scolding to touch.  Then hot shower level feel to it when unwound in the snow.

I called it a day early though today due to bad road conditions.  The road was gridlock where a bus hit a car in the snow.  So thought "sod that" did not want to risk it anymore.  Even though I struggled to drive up the road on a hill by me.

So makes a big change for me to call it day due to driving conditions rather than working conditions.

The steam was great to watch. The hose was like a rubber band.  Felt like summer.

apparently its webasto that havent updated their data sheets for certain newer vehicles with these fuel pumps.its them that are supplying a part.

its been great to use hot water today despite having to have my engine running.im sure itll get sorted next week hopefully.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 06:52:05 pm »
paul i bet the frost stat feature on your system will  kick in  over the next week or so! ;D

im just making sure im ok by putting an oil filled radiator in my van every night until it gets sorted as obviously mine wont be working.ive turned it off too so it doesnt even try.

Tony dunmall

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 07:43:17 pm »
Glad it’s being sorted Daz, Unsure you’ll really enjoy working with hot again

it’s a shame these things happen, Sounds like you guys need spare set winter tyres up there as well

Up till last year when I changed the vans I had  hot water with winter tyres, seemed to be best solution but it’s got so mild  down here the last 5 years you bairly need the heat

To be honest down here I never used the frost stat drained batteries to much

Just switched on after starting, put on recirculate and drove to work by time I got there had de iced everything

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 08:10:14 pm »
I think you have brought up another issue here Tony. If you spend your hard earned £4000- £5000 on a diesel unit and we get a few mild winters i would be a little cheesed off.

With the gas boilers little outlay and if you do have a bad winter it comes into play.
But no hardship if you have a few mild winters.

T

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 08:15:56 pm »

why?its a new van not a 10 year old van.its only for a few days anyway.

Not a right clever idea to leave van running whilst working. Would only take a brick through the window and it's gone. Insurance void and 20k worth of van and heater gone.

Have a word with yourself mate and be patient whilst the heaters sorted.

Only looking out for you  ;)

Jonny 87

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 08:19:33 pm »
Who said anything about being near a custys house.
I dont usually park in peoples driveways.

Anyway with a gasstop - no explosions :)

Tris

These gas stops prevent explosions of the cylinder itself, but still doesn’t stop gas leaks at the boiler inlet, which is where the main problem occurs. So you could still have an explosion...... just at the other end.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »
If you watch the gas stop videos - any leaks and it shuts off the gas supply - end of

robbo333

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 08:44:32 pm »
If you watch the gas stop videos - any leaks and it shuts off the gas supply - end of

Oh dear, and I was only joking on my last post!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

Splash & dash

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 08:46:28 pm »
has anyone told their insurance company that you have a diesel heater installed and tapped into the fuel line? has it made a change to your premium?

Yes insurance company are fully aware of what and how it’s installed no problem at all

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 08:50:01 pm »

Robbo , do you have experience in an explosion with the likes of L5 or similar ?
If so i would like to hear of it , as i am curious , and the more i look at the gasstop gadget i am dubious as to how well it works !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Splash & dash

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 08:52:42 pm »
Glad it’s being sorted Daz, Unsure you’ll really enjoy working with hot again

it’s a shame these things happen, Sounds like you guys need spare set winter tyres up there as well

Up till last year when I changed the vans I had  hot water with winter tyres, seemed to be best solution but it’s got so mild  down here the last 5 years you bairly need the heat

To be honest down here I never used the frost stat drained batteries to much

How does the frost stat drain the battery’s ?????  Never had a problem with mine

Just switched on after starting, put on recirculate and drove to work by time I got there had de iced everything

robbo333

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 09:06:02 pm »

Robbo , do you have experience in an explosion with the likes of L5 or similar ?
If so i would like to hear of it , as i am curious , and the more i look at the gasstop gadget i am dubious as to how well it works !

None at all.
My mate is a boiler repair engineer and when I discussed this issue with him he advised me to stay away.
There are too many issues:
Health and safety
Fitness for purpose (they are not designed for commercial use).
Correct venting
Insurance
Fitting and Certificating
Hazard Van symbols
Certified Maintenance
the list went on...